Accepting GA based on time of day

As the title says, could you accept GA aircraft at certain times, for example when you have fewer commercial aircraft arriving.
Not sure how it would be done, maybe in the scheduling page having an option where you can refuse GA from x till y, then then from y till x you accept GA if that makes sense

2 Likes

According to your flightplan you can accept or refuse GA flight by yourself.

Yes, but only manually each time. I believe that @mattyp502 is proposing that a schedule that would automatically accept/deny GA at certain hours.

For example:

At night, from 8pm - 6am, GA are automatically given clearance to land. From 6am - 8pm, GA are denied landing because the airport doesn’t want the scheduled flights to be delayed. Their could also be an option to have each individual GA flight request to land, a little popup bubble could display for a few seconds, and then disappear (and be auto-rejected) if you don’t take action on it. This feature could be applicable only at certain times.

3 Likes

Very good idea as you don’t want a Cessna on the runway when you have the B787’s landing :joy:::flight_arrival:

Other info

I don’t know if B787’s are in but still… :grinning:

Exactly, and in the real world you never see major airports being slowed down by GA, but some airports do accept GA in less busy times

2 Likes

Well for flight school for instrument training you have to fly at night or day and semi bad weather while if your just going for private you fly in nice weather and all flights during the day

Hi, guys I was just reading Accepting GA based on time of day and had this question in my mind: Will GA come and go depending on weather and time of day. E.g. Before night fall there would be more GA wanting to land than in the middle of the day. But this is also dependent on if weather is implemented into the game. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Weather is implemented in the game. I like your idea, like before a storm more would come in.

I already discussed this in there for private and instrumental training

I’m integrating this into the GA topic, since it’s so related :slight_smile:

1 Like

The realistic solution would be to create a landing fee structure that can be varied during certain hours. The higher the landing fees, the lower probability of a GA flight arriving/departing.

For example in JFK the landing fee is normally $25, while between the hours of 1500-2200L it is $125 in order to discourage excess GA traffic from clogging the system during rush hours.

GA flights are already tied to the daily clock meaning that there of course are no GA flights at night. We could also easily implement them no to land in harsh weather conditions.

This is a pretty interesting thought @Fredrik.

3 Likes

“Of course no GA flights at night”

Well damn… Looks like my Night rating was useless then…

I meant that we could make it so that there’s not GA flights, well, it already is, but perhaps GA flights also occur at night, although less frequently. Again, I’m handing this over to @Fredrik:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.