ACEO Mobile?

Hello everyone.

Mobile technology has been advancing pretty significantly over the past few years, with most current flagship Android and iOS devices now powerful enough to operate some very processor intensive games, and quite efficiently too.

That got me wondering… is there some viability in porting Airport CEO over to mobile in the near future?

I imagine that the game could work pretty nicely and intuitively with a touch interface, although some buttons may have to be tucked away into menus to not overcrowd the small screen of mobile devices.

Modding could be a problem. I’m unsure if mobile apps can access the steam workshop. But assuming that the workshop cannot be accessed on mobile, that can complicate the port and limit the mobile app. Solutions to this problem could be limiting mods to desktop, or creating a separate platform to upload and browse mods compatible with all platforms.

Regardless of mods, I’d love to have the ability to play ACEO on my phone.

1 Like

I think one of the devs said a while ago that the game won’t come to mobile.

8 Likes

I would not like to see a small dev team divert resources and manpower on a porting to a telephone. I really am not but feel old by expressing my thoughts about it. But: it is a telephone! Play your games on dedicated machines instead and stop throwing money into the wallets of phone companies. I really cannot stand the sight of people using telephones for not phoning anymore. Visit a bus, a school, a restaurant, even a party…ugh. Smombies! Horrible! :wink:
Sorry for ranting.

3 Likes

I think if game is going to be published on another platform, I would give a chance to Linux and PS4/XBOX. They got more playability and sale potential than smartphones.

Also who would go and build an airport on smartphone? I mean I can’t even imagine playing ACEO without mouse and keyboard.

Or a Nintendo switch :smile:

1 Like

Building games are more suited to PC’s indeed and besides that, ACEO on mobile would require serious sacrifices in terms of gameplay because you would have to slim the game down to be able to run there.

Only way to play by cell and steam link I do not know if the application Has for IOS

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.