Air Traffic Controller / PA announcements

Just to stir the pot of ideas a little more, if ATC chatter is implemented, can we also then have an ATC transcrpit?
Say there is a plane holding somewhere or there is a crash (due to high stress or low logic of ATC staff), player can open the transcripts and see what commands were given, etc.
Not critical to game operation, but a cool feature.

Also, on selecting a plane, maybe we can get a check list like:
CLEARED FOR TAXI: :white_check_mark:
CLEARED FOR RUNWAY: :o2:
CLEARED FOR TAKE OFF: :o2:

3 Likes

As part of staff training? The further we train our air traffic controllers; then at a point they would “talk” to the pilots of the other planes increasing safety and ATC at our airport- thereby attracting the BIG airlines as well.

I can only imagine the logistics of trying to coordinate gate announcements and ATC chatter with random number flights and gates. To be honest, I think it would be awesome but I don’t think it is a realistic demand to the programmers.

Terminal Announcements - #1 please include a “mute” button or at least a volume setting… :wink: . #2 it is possible to have random terminal announcements taken from an airport and muffled a little bit to sound like Charlie Brown’s teacher. To synch them with the game would be a logistical nightmare (see ATC Chatter below) even if it’s cool. So maybe some random gate announcements when we are hovered over the terminal to give us the “feel” of being in an airport. That might be more realistic.

ATC Chatter - In a previous airport game from 100 years ago :wink: there was an option to click on the tower and it brought you to a “Tower View” camera that you could look at your airport from the tower and simply watch planes landing and taking off. Inside the tower you heard “ATC chatter” which was completely random and super cool! (like listening to https://www.liveatc.net/ in the background. The chatter had no relevance to the planes coming and going but it was COOL to listen to anyway! Being realistic I think it might be too much for the developers but something to think about for the future (in some way shape or form).

1 Like

The reason I am not too concerned about ATC chatter and terminal announcements (if and when implemented) is because like other sounds in the game they will be in the finer details. So you will only be hearing them when you zoom into a certain location, and even then, it would not be too overpowering.
Other examples in the game (from the gameplay videos) are sound effect of construction, the siren as the jet bridge moves into position by the plane door, the sound of the planees themselves, the beeps and buzz of the metal detector and xray conveyor.

So I am guessing that you will only hear the announcements when you zoom quite a bit into the terminal, and ATC chatter probably when you zoom in on the ATC tower, the runway and taxiways.

But yes, would be nice to have an audio menu with sliders for adjusting different categories of sounds

3 Likes

I have an idea. When player zooms into tower; he will hear ATC conversations. Think it as ambience sound from ATC tower which has NO relation with game’s itself. Just something like this would be enough:

3 Likes

Also I would love to here some announcements like “final boarding call for Flight xx” etc. However, it looks like in the future some airports air stopping with this. So than such a feature in the game makes it perhaps less realistic in the future.

See: Changi Airport to stop announcing final calls for boarding, paging for late passengers.

2 Likes

I agree on that one, the airport I work at has that announcement coming across the PA system, and it is a pain in the butt after hearing it a few hundred/thousand times.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.