Aircraft on satellite terminal not loading

I’ve reported this as a bug but wondered if anybody else has come across it.

I have a terminal with check-in desks on two floors . The top floor check-in desks serve the new satellite terminal that a built in advance of the big jets. It currently is configured for 4 medium (designed for future two large gates). There is a long tunnel (level -1) running under the de-ice pads and taxiiways to the main terminal, where it connects with escalators and stairs to level 1. All is behind security.

So what happens is a plane arrives, passengers disembark and walk through the tunnel to the baggage reclaim. So far it all looks good. But no passengers ever check-in for these flights. Not once. The check-in desks open but nobody goes to check-in. The flight finally departs with “boarding complete” and zero passengers on board.

The flight monitor shows that no passengers have arrived at the airport for any of these flights. Interestingly, I get no errors or warning messages. All other flights at the main terminal all work normally.

Can you share some screenshots please? With zones… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are the checkin desks connected to the proper baggage bays?
Does the flight say there should be passengers coming to the airport to board the plane?

1 Like

I will upload pictures when I get home

Yes the aircraft show 0/72 or something like that - so 72 passengers expected to board. Check-in desks are connected. And when you click on them they are active for the flight with agents busy typing away, but no passengers ever arrive at the airport. It’s kind of odd. I’m going to try connecting a check-in desk from the lower floor to see if that is the issue - having the check-in desk above the other active desks. Baggage is all connected too to the correct baggage bay. Arriving passenger and baggage work perfectly. It’s just departing.

1 Like

Notice that the “C” gates have zero departing passengers in the airport.

Maybe your public transport capacity just needs expanding. You have a high number of pax needing tovtravel to the airport. Some gates in your b terminal are also affected.

1 Like

good point - I will try that

Thank you - that was the problem.

It would be good to have some way to warn the CEO in this case, I never thought I’d reach capacity with a metro station. I added two more metro station entrances and another bus stop and that solved it. However, several people arrived late for their flight, so we definitely need moving walkways or a way to get people to the gate faster. These people simply self-boarded even though boarding was closed. The air stair was not in place but they somehow climbed up and got on-board the aircraft anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.