Aircraft priority

one annoying thing about this game is the strange aircraft taxi priority lists
take a look at this picture of one of my airports

at first, because this is a picture all looks fine, have 1 plane taxiing on the left to gates, 2 GA aircraft exiting off the runway, and some more commercial planes taxiing out to the runway. BUT, what is realy happening is both the 2 GA planes coming off the runway and the 3 commercial planes are waiting for the taxiing plane on the left, but there is clearly enough space for all 3 commercial planes AND the 2 GA planes to taxi and still have the other planes still going
here i have outlined the taxi paths for 2 planes (I am assuming because 1 of them i thing is in the mass of planes at the white circle)

for some reason the red plane is waiting for one of the white planes to taxi ALL THE WAY AROUND THE AIRPORT before it will begin its taxi

1 Like

ok i was somewhat wrong but still i have a point

the maple express on the runway was actually waiting for the Havana 1900D you can see parked, but still why wait it waiting for that plane?

1 Like

I get caught out by this sort of thing as well. One can only hope this is on the Devs list of things to sort out in Beta phase, along with the PAX, staff and external vehicle pathfinding.

2 Likes

Taxiing priority and node occupation of paths are for sure on the list for beta! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.