Airline Check-in Zoning

This strategy could be spilled by a airline zoning system. (I will not get into the zoning for airline specific stands but boarding desks instead. This ideas has been spread along many times in numerous different topics, but I want to share my though on how this is going to phase out.

Why it should be implemented.
Allowing the CEO to zone or easily select which boarding desks can be associated to which airlines is beneficial to both the organization of passengers, and the esthetics of the airport.

The benefits for having organization throughout and airport gives an airport an efficient and organized way of operating. With this new systems players are allowed to click into a tab (like or operations) they sign contracts with airlines and in the flight planner select flights to be chosen to fly into, and out of the airport. The player has to (after placing the flight into schedule), zone out an area to that airline. Take for instance the food catagory of ACEO. They require __ amt. of display fridges, and __ amt. of cafe counters. For this case because a similar system has been opted into the game, (the __ amt. of total check-in counters needed), the measurement is not very accurate.

For this system to work, either the player has to always keep track of the amt. of desks for all the contracts, or can look at a flight and find that they need __ amt. of desks for the specific time period. In this case you only need to zone once if you have only that one flight flying into that gate. The zoning process will not go by gate, but by airline. The zone will be a permanent area for that airline, unless you wish to expand it.

Currently I have over 25 check in desks. I would like to see all of them occupied, but I just don’t see or remember all the amt. of check-in desks needed. So because we are trying to make airports more organized and have multi terminal check-in’s we want to help organize passengers and for esthetics. As for esthetics, the way of it working is any object you place inside that zone, say desks, or a lounge. All those objects will have the logo and color of the brand name written on it.

A troubled solution!
The only thing I can see that I have no clear solution is, to whether what happens if a player places a contract in the plane flies in, but passengers can not check in because there are not enough check-in desks in the zoned area or none entirely. I have two speculated ideas in my head, but I also want to hear on how this can improve, and be implemented.

Now, this has been something, and something many other people want and have mentioned, but I think this idea can be expanded on such as, within gate zoning as well. I just think we need this feature at the point of passenger path finding we are in and I think all these ideas will also serve as a cool perk.

5 Likes

This is a very requested topic, and this is for sure possible for this game. I was thinking there would be a tab where you can click which airline that still needs zoning or one that you want to add to. This zoning applies to the amt. of gates for the airline, and relative check-in desks, or area.

I think this would require permanent contracts.

I don’t see why it would require permanent contracts. When a contract is cancelled, the assigned check-in desk clears.

1 Like

@MedJet what happens when/if your contract with abc company runs out do you have to get a new contract and those checkouts are not being used? dose the selection get cancelled and they go to blank because you will have reset them and that would get tedious.

Now I would say that if you still have the airline contract you will still have that area zoned. But, if all you just have no flights operating by that airline the area stays the same unless you choose otherwise.

Maybe we could have an airline prioritizing thing in the airline flight planner. But that is a completely out of topic idea, but a very good one indeed.

well, in this scenario the contract would only “run out” if the operator were to cancel it. If the operator cancels the contract with the carrier, then yes, you’d have to reassign (designate) a carrier to the specific check-in desk(s).

1 Like

Hey now all we need is to be able to zone check-in desks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.