Airline fleet modding updates in 1.0-14

Hi,

Modding will have two updates in update 1.0-14.

First a "isSpecial":true variable that can be added to liveryData.json indicating that a livery is rare and should not spawn as frequently as the standard livery, current ratio is 33% (might be adjusted later on). This is only applicable if the airline has a multiple liveries of the same aircraft type.

Secondly a "fleetCount":[] variable can be added to the mod.json file for each airline. This array of ints must be exact same length as the fleet type array otherwise it will default to 1 for each aircraft type. This will make aircraft types with a higher count spawn more frequently. Below airline has one A319, two A320 etc. Note that indexes must match!

"fleet":[
      "A319",
      "A320",
      "A321"
   ],
   "fleetCount":[
      "1",
      "2",
      "3"
   ],

Just so you know, existing mods will not be affected so this is completely optional.

Let me know if any questions :slight_smile:

15 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you :heart:

6 Likes

Woooow this sounds awesome thank you Fredrik! :smiley:

And now the last thing this community needs is country and/or departure airport based airlines possibility :wink:

8 Likes

I agree

1 Like

Are you sure @Fredrik…

Trustworth sources say that this is NOT an April 1st joke so you can get relaxed :wink:

3 Likes

I still hope it’s not :wink:

1 Like

If somehow this topic gets lost tomorrow I can’t foresee the chaos that is going to happen so for the sake of this community let’s hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl:

A surprise, but a welcome one to be sure!

Just a quick question: with regards to fleetCount, is it a ratio or a cap? As in, if there is only one aircraft type (say, a Cessna 206) and fleetCount is set at 1, does it mean it’ll always spawn flight requests for Cessna 206s, or does it mean we can only have 1 Cessna 206 flight planned / offered to us?

my question is how are you guys so awesome! :heart: :clap:

It is a ratio between the aircraft types. So if you have two aircraft types with 1 and 10 fleet count it will spawn the second aircraft type 10 times more often than the first. I hope that makes sense. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s interesting. Thanks.

I guess we should have waited a day before releasing this update… :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes i hope so

Seems there is a bug with the mod option “isSpecial”:true,
Reported as: MERCURY-45806

If you have a mod where every single plane is a special livery, there is a chance that the game selects a livery of a different contract.
Is it possible that the game sometimes wants to find a “default”-livery without this special-tag @Fredrik ?

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Air New Zealand