Airline Merger's

As we all know airports in the real world have to worry about airline merger.

Airports help the airlines in many ways from removing old airline signs to merging check in and gates. Will we haft to worry about airlines merging. Will the passengers be confused and go to the information desk. How long would it take for everything to be merged over including the baggage claim. As airport CEO’s are we going to be able to micromanage what happens at our airport if this event ever happens. Will we be able to effect how quick a merger will take place. Would we haft to research and hire staff to help with airline merger’s. Or will there not be any of this at all. Thank you for reading and feel free to comment.

Don’t really think it would be a useful mechanic to have in the game. It doesn’t happen very frequently, and when it does the existing branding usually stays in place for some time (with the US/AA merger, US Airways remained a separate entity for several months after the merger, and in fact the merger took several years to come to fruition). Customers nowadays would be warned of any changes via e-mail so confusion would be minimal.

I think it would be a lot of coding for the devs for something that wouldn’t be that relevant TBH.

I don’t know if alliances will be a part of the game for airlines (who would prefer to be co-located with their alliance partners - this would obviously be more relevant when multiple terminals is introduced). Changing alliances would maybe be an easier such thing to introduce if and when this happens - if an airline switches alliances it may request to be moved to another terminal for example. But this is much further down the line.

If there is a lot of airlines than merging would happen a lot. For example the United States use to be the wild wild west when every airline was merging with one another for the example you used look at US Airways. Look at how many airlines they merged with. It was 14 but 15 If you include american.

There’s apparently over 5000 airlines in existence. I don’t think for a minute that the game developers are going to simulate that many airlines - think closer to about 100 airlines I think. Why are they going to develop lots more airlines just to merge them together (bear in mind that each airline needs to have a livery, branding, and perhaps even a “personality”)? How are they going to merge them together? Is American Airways going to merge with Chinese Airlines (which wouldn’t happen in the real world)? Most importantly, how and why does it improve the game? I’d argue it doesn’t.

Lots of airlines have gone through mergers, but on the grand scheme of things there’s not that many in the present day (which is where the game is set). It’s going to be a complex piece of coding that ultimately has very little positive impact on the gameplay, and I don’t think it’s really worth adding.

In my opinion, it’s getting complex to get those script.

Sounds a bit too confusing and a bit too micro-managing. I would not recommend this, but could possibly be a modification once the game has been released for a while. This is managing airline aspects and looking into unnecessary management points. But, could be a good thing to add after the game has been released.

Exactly. Let’s not get into complicated things at this moment. However, since all the graphics and basic mechanics for the airport will be implemented, I can see it possible for the devs or the community to eventually release a new airline simulation game/mod.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.