Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

I didn’t realize it was a bug either since it’s been happening as long as I can remember… I just assumed that contractors don’t like to sit or something!

1 Like

Ever since I started with ACEO and built a little, fully furnished contractor staff room with bathroom next to their drop-off point, and found that they only stand around when idle and never used the bathroom, I though that was their default behaviour when not working… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will the airline contracts will be extanded to some point? Like the frequency is now only on a daily basis. Would be neat if those would see some more love.

In programming (being a web developer myself professionally) we have a saying… If something have been a specific way for a long time (like what you encountered here) there comes a point where it can nolonger be considered a bug buth rather new behavour…

Even if that behavour is technically a behavour that’s is not the intended behavour

The “bug” regarding the contractors finding seats might be one of those times

Anyway I am glad to see this new contract behavour :slight_smile:

I’m having a problem with my staff. I have hired many excess staff, so many are rested at all times, but when a new shift starts the staff that are rested aren’t called up. Many times a staff that just finished another shift who is so low on energy will be called up.

Hey Devs,

Made this for everyone today and noticed some of the R&D contracts have some inconsistent formatting…

Colored text should be on the next line?

here are the ones I noticed:

Images are in the hidden drop downs toward the bottom of the Post

1 Like

ACEO-42340 - Stickers are now question marks

1 Like

Hey hey! We’re back from our very short release weekend break and have been keeping a close eye on the reported issues. Reported numbers are still very, very low compared to the number of players currently playing the game and we’re not seeing any critical trends whatsoever.That said, with the amount of player sessions executed over the weekend a wide arrange of smaller issues have been detected and so naturally we’re working on a “week one patch”. We’re also, once and for all, working on a fix for the missing text on Apple M1 machines.

Here’s 1.0-3 which is scheduled for a default deployment tomorrow early afternoon (CET), and it will include the full fix for Apple M1 machines too! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version  1.0-3

Bug

• [ACEO-42164] - Flight planner refresh icon does not clear the new flight notice icon
  • [ACEO-42222] - Elevator can deactivate available paths when changing elevator floor settings
  • [ACEO-42243] - Trashcans cannot be moved
  • [ACEO-42254] - Wings on Boeing 737 aircraft renders above fuselage
  • [ACEO-42272] - Planned structures delete built fences
  • [ACEO-42281] - Under certain circumstances diagonal guides on taxiway won't disappear
  • [ACEO-42284] - Spawned dummy ramp agents can appear in the hired employee panel list
  • [ACEO-42286] - Incorrect rendering setting can cause volcano ash to severely degrade performance
  • [ACEO-42295] - Franchise contract details not consistent
  • [ACEO-42301] - Vehicle statistics button displays unlocalized text
  • [ACEO-42302] - Various world notification containers can in extremely rare instance remain in world despite originating issue being solved
  • [ACEO-42314] - Pop out setting for tutorial not always working correctly
  • [ACEO-42339] - One-way arrow setting can in extremely rare instances cause certain vehicle types to not be allowed on that node

Improvement

• [ACEO-42346] - Runway queue count in UI panel now include departing aircraft
9 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 1.17.06 pm I have this setup, departing passengers are on the top floor and go through the self boarding gate. Arriving passenger go down the escalator, after the self boarding gate change that anyone can walk through them arriving passengers don’t go down the escalator and go the self boarding gates and the departing passenger sometime go up the escalator then go through the self boarding gates twice. Does anyone have ideas of a different way of splitting the passengers?

2 Likes

Place wall there :wink: so stairs will be only for arriving passengers

correct as @mbobojar mentioned.
On the floor you see on which side passenger enter and leave the jetbridge. This allows you to split the area by a wall, flower or a staff zone and force arrivals to use the escalator.

3 Likes

The current Steam Reviews are looking quite good for the game. Many seem to like it and while there are people not upvoting or recommending the game, they do it mainly for the reasoning the game was released ‘not finished’ in their eyes and lacking detail in certain aspects like personal management, missing cargo etc.
One particular review stated, that the game would rather be named ‘Airport architect’ as they deem the CEO aspect is lacking a bit. Most people consider the game well done in a way or the other.

Just to report what I read there.

3 Likes

when it comes to the complete Portuguese translation

1 Like

Rolling out 1.0-4 now, both on experimental and default, containing a final fix for the Apple M1 text label rendering issue.

Patch notes available on Steam: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO 1.0-4 released

4 Likes

All in your hands. Take it and complete, fix translation errors in one. ))

1 Like

It dawned on me what bugs some of the Steam players wrote about. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :man_facepalming:

This is the streamer to whom the developers sent the key to play the game for the audience. )

Wasn’t sure where to ask this…
Curious if there’s a hard limit to the number of airline mods that can be loaded in, or if a bad mod can break others.

I’m trying to figure out if this is a game issue or mod issue where I’m seeing contracts never loading, cancelled contracts don’t repopulate on the available contracts list either, Auto planner fails to schedule small planes, and liveries being switched around. It doesn’t resolve till I terminate all contracts and reload all mods.

Just noticed there is no mention of when Airline lounges get unlocked in R&D Projects. But I see they get unlocked with the Extended Commercial License. Should there be info in there about that? Or maybe even a R&D project for it?
@Olof @Alexander

Extended Commercial License Project Brief

And my other question is what do airline ratings affect? I read in one of the devBlogs that it will affect how much pax will spend at lounges. Is this still true and are there any other things ratings affect for airlines? As a modder im curious for how I set the ratings for my modded airlines. :slight_smile:

And why do you start off as a 3 star airport with a blank new map? I’m curious as to the thinking behind that?

Thanks for any info on this :heart:

2 Likes

I can give you following information and tipps about using mods:

• There are non confirmed theories that the sytem only loads 150 mods/contracts.
  • As mods fill RAM and VRAM a lot, it is recommended only to activate those mods you want for a specific savegame. Big modpacks are nice but often you won’t use all airlines within them.
  • Mods with the same contract name cause that only the first one appears
  • Check also the last update date of mods. If they are before November 2019, they won’t contain big birds (when the real airline has them)
  • Some of the ACEOMM (Mod Manager) Packs have broken planes or contracts. Don’t use those mods anymore. The Mod Manager project is outdated and replaced by the Steam Workshop.
4 Likes

How many flights they offer :slight_smile: