Airport CEO Alpha 0.22.X released

Yes I’ve found this. Before I had busses queueing up, now I got PAX queuing and seems like fewer busses.

My cargo truck is stuck as well.

2 Likes

I have a big build up of contractor lorries at drop off points for construction. I get 3 or 4 lorries jammed up trying to get to unloading bays and construction can’t continue.

2 Likes

I know this is really low priority but the ques are not realistic at all be cause they don’t split the passengers like my security checkpoint there’s 50 people on one side and 5 on the other queue

I started a new airport yesterday evening on 0.22.3.4. When I loaded it again (0.22.3.5) today I saw a remarkable jump in framerate, it improved to a value 4x as high, as before. However at a certain point I encountered the same error as mentioned above, 4 Trucks piling up at the delivery site, one parked there not delivering. I build a new delivery site, used the debugging tools, restarted the game, but nothing helped resolving the issue.

If I remember right, it started when I wanted to enlarge my foundations by 18x35 at once.

So I rebooted one of my older, less streamlined and more chaotic airports to see how pathfinding is doing, people take an average of 35 seconds before they start moving. I’ve a screenshot with the debug info, hope it comes to use.

Just a minute after loading the save

It cost me 4 irl minutes to get it down to 0, every new bus arriving instandly gets it up to 10 - 20 queuing.

After putting the ingame speed to 3x, the framerate drops to 4 fps, but climbs as fast as the queue builds up, within a minute the queue is as large as ALL pax and ALL staff combined, at that same time the framerate was back to 10 - 12 fps. At that moment random signals occur of objects with pathfinding errors, security, baggage reclaim area and stands for a couple of seconds, but then disappear and don’t get back. Also ALL planes get delayed at this time.

I hope my information and screenshots helps you figure out where to improve the new pathfinding system, because so far it really helps my fps getting up, this old airport didn’t even get above 4 fps in 1x speed.

Edit:
Also noticed the games uses now only 2.8GB of RAM instead of 3.2GB

I did start a new game just a few minutes ago, now the delivery truck doesn’t unload, so that not even the first runway was build… Only one of many material packages was unloaded.

We are working on this one now.

1 Like

Thanks! I found the only way to clear it was to save the game, exit, reload and leave game speed on 1. That would clear a few lorries then they would stack up again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I see some fps improvements. Great work.

1 Like

Okay, baggage is really messed up on 22.3.5. Sorry to report.

Just tried an older build again as but current build is having other issues with janitors not passing through security.

1 Like

We have made no changes whatsoever to the baggage system code but issues can arise due to an async issue with a pathfinder callback not invoked from the main thread. This is also what is causing the stalled delivery trucks and we have a fix in place for it.

Okay, thanks for that. It could just be volume then. You actually said the word I would have chosen to describe it… stalled… the bags were not moving on the belts.

has there been an update in the last two hours?

I’m still on 0.22.3.5 here

My big problem with 0.22.3.5 is that airport staff will go to boarding desk, passengers line up to board but don;t actually board. THe place then gets sent away and they either remain there or leave the airport

I didn’t play with 0.22.3.5, but I read somewhere that this problem can be solved if you enlarge your security zone so that the security zone includes the wall between your terminal and the aircraft stand. They seem to work on a fix to prevent this problem.

Not the case here, I’ve not experienced this problem, I always zone up to the floor space and not the walls. I suggest the issue must lay elsewhere

Update Alpha Experimental v0.22.3.6 Oct 30th 2017:

• Path finding tweaks (most of our time has been spent on this).
  • Fix delivery truck stuck
  • Added staff job task overview info
  • Zone will no longer spawn underneath walls.
  • Runway can now be upgraded to concrete as well.

Saves current in-game progress; updating…

I know I live on the edge, but lets give credit where credit is due. @Fredrik and @Olof have been amazing responding to the early Alpha building and bug fixes.

4 Likes

AWESOME…

FYI because my janitors cannot get through security…

You switched the panel from the top to the bottom between versions. No worries. It’s still very very very, and awesomely useful. Love it.

1 Like