Airport CEO Alpha 0.22.X released

Wonderful game :slight_smile:

After the 0.22.3.8 upgrade i canā€™t save load saved games. It kind off ā€œfreezesā€. Look picture below.
I tried to start a new game in v 0.22.3.8 save it and load it. i Get my green screen of ā€œfreezeā€

I can load games from 0.22.3.4 - 0.22.3.8. Play the for houres. Then i save the game. And when i reload it.
Green screen of ā€œfreezeā€

The green screen of freeze i like looking at the lower left edge of playable area.
Can zoom in and out. Canā€™t scrool, flight plan not working, cant display anything.

I will uninstall the game and try a fresh 0.22.3.8 install

Edit:

I have reinstalled my computer. Now with Windows 10, on a blank disk.
Installed steam and Airport CEO.
Chose betas in steam. Got the New Version,

Start a New airport. The Builders are comming, but does nothing.
No boxesā€¦
Save the game, load, and still the green screenā€¦
Itā€™s frustrating !!

Not sure if it was always there as I notice it for the first time now. But fueltrucks and service vehicles donā€™t like taking a left turn to a stand, the go all the way to the end, then drive back to take a right turn.

2 Likes

The same thing happens after reinstall of the game.
So now iā€™m stuck.

Dunno if this is a bug or not, but has anyone else come across the baggage belts acting like this (not drawing the bit going underground from the check-in counter)

3 Likes

Have encountered the same, if you leave one little space between the Check-Ins it works.

Thanks for confirming it :slight_smile: - Guess I will have to wait till my contract is up with the airline and delete all my check-ins and re-do them with a spaceā€¦

Got the sameā€¦ the fact that it only shows 1 ā€˜tunnelā€™ effect on each pair frustrates me :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, does it work regardless of the way it is drawn? I canā€™t remember trying it out.

I also have problems with tunnels sometimes being spawn on the first underground tile, the first upper ground tile or not being spawned at all.

Edit:
PS. I know itā€™s not a bug or an issue, but could it be possible to just double click the loadfile to launch the file, instead of selecting and then hitting the load game button?

New update on the experimental branch, hopefully the last before transition to default but quite a lot has happened ā€œunder the hoodā€.

Weā€™ve transitioned the code base .NET version from 3.5 to 4.6 which is quite a large change, it give us access to better functionality but could also mean unexpected behavioral changes which we need to test. 4.6 has allowed us to do some additional changes to the path finding system which should bring an additional (very minor) performance improvement, now up to 3500 nodes per millisecond (depending on hardware and world layout of course) and also hopefully remove those crashing issues that people have been experiencing. Any new issues with freezew or crashes that you stumble upon, weā€™d really like to hear about it.

Weā€™re also testing a new vehicles overview panel. To make it work for your existing airports, open the development panel (press F10), scroll down and press the button ā€œClaim all service vehiclesā€. New purchased service vehicles will be added automatically. Deterioration is not yet simulated and weā€™re still testing assigning of depots! :slight_smile:

Will update here soon with changelog for this version.

4 Likes

i just had x.9 installed

iā€™m getting an error on the flight planner when trying to drop a schedule ā€œUNABLE TO ALLOCATE THIS PANELā€ it throws this and keeps saying canā€™t schedule night flights or night flights are not approve when trying to drop it in the daytime slots

other issues
delivery trucks never show up despite a save/reload my work around this is to f10 and turn off construction

Weā€™re looking into it.

This version has introdused at least 2 new bugs.

1. In the new vehicle management screen you can select a depot to associate with a vehicle, but when you change the name of a depot the list doesnā€™t update. I have screenshots that ilustrate this, but the forum will only let me post one picture per post.

2. Busses canā€™t leave the bus stops.

Can confirm the problem in the flight planner as wellā€¦ - Showing cannot place flights plus it allowed me to place flights within the timeframe I should not have been allowed to place themā€¦

2 Likes

Same exact problem, it seems to be a general bug.

1 Like

I have the same yes.

1 Like

Issue has been fixed. Deploying shortly.

Iā€™m currently experiencing a few problems.

Firstly one of my planes isnā€™t boarding. There are 2 boarding desks and staff at the desks.

Secondly, passengers that deboard from the plane stand around the check in desks, they donā€™t leave the airport. They all stand on the same tiles and overlap eachother. Pic:

Arrows indicate where deboarded passengers are walking. Circles indicate where they are moving to. Once they reach their spot in the circle they just stand there.

Heres a larger picture. Yellow circle is the plane that wont board as well as its 2 connected checking desks (staffed). Red circle is where my exits are. Passengers never used to have a problem walking to the exits, for some reason Iā€™m guessing some pathfinding issue is not allowing passengers to find the exit in my airport. Passengers used to exit fine (before i added more terminals). It is not a structural/zonal issue.

In this image you can see that some passengers do leave. I cant confirm which terminals they are from but Iā€™m assuming they are from my two terminals closest to the security exit.

The passengers either leave, or they stand around idling in the toilets. Not sure if drug dealing in airport toilets is a new feature?

You do have multiple terminals design? Devs did mention the game is not suitable for multi-terminal layouts for now.