Airport CEO Alpha 0.22.X released

We plan to update within 1 hour

1 Like

Oh sweet.

You guys are great. Thank you.

Yay should be on by then_

v0.22.3.5 Oct 28th 2017:

• Fixed issue with passengers getting stuck in staff zone
  • Fixed issue with construction workers getting stuck when leaving the airport
  • Lost deliveries are not processed correctly
  • Improved path finding thread calculating (still experimental)
  • Stationed employees picker appear on small security check-point
  • Construction queue calculation not correct rendering “construction demand exists” label to show incorrectly
  • Boarding procedure at random not correctly taking leaving passengers into account
  • Prevent baggage toggle in operations overview from being toggleable at all if requirements are not met
  • Franchise staff do not leave counters upon completion of contract
  • Medium stand parking fee slider references small stand parking value
3 Likes

Sweet. Downloading now. Janitors stuck on non-secure side. They cannot find a secure path to the secure side. Message says "An employee can’t reach it’s (should that be its? without the apostrophe? work position etc)).

I think I’ve discovered another bug. I’ll keep monitoring it for now. Alas they are still not crossing back into the secure zone. Still complaining no path. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Can someone tell me why this message is showing up? I do not understand why they can not find security checkpoint!

I think that’s the same bug I’m talking about if you’ve updated to the newest exp branch?

1 Like

@Fredrik

I pulled up my version 7 airport that had 2.5K PAX on average movements.

The queue bias seems to have been sorted, every PAX like to go to the right most security check point (UGH) does not happen anymore and there seems to be some FPS improvements too. Great work.

I may have spoke too soon. Alas, they still seem to like one security desk.

This was built pre EXP branches though.

Initially thought it was fantastic. All security desks had a spread for all the PAX. I’ve also got PAX stuck at the entrance to security too.

I seem to be retaining PAX too. I’ve sent you this build a few times. T7. On this build I ended up with 4K PAX. Most of them were waiting for busses.

Mass transit is severely needed too.

Yes!!

Look at another bug, now my passengers do not board or land!

Can you say why?

Somethings funky with the contractors too…

Have they been bound to their bus stop when not building too?

check the tile under the door is mapped as a secure area.

Beside this nice feature there are many new bugs occured.

1. Delivery trucks stuck
  2. Path finding issue get worse. Now nobody can find his/her path.
  3. People stuck at bus stops for a very long time. Like the emount of passengers is increasing while bus capacity stays same which leads to piled up people at bus stop.
2 Likes

I must admit that I agree that pathfinding seems to be getting worse at the moment. I’m going to switch back to the stable branch to see if it improves with my current build or if it’s just my laptop.

The pax currently bunch up outside gates, exits etc. Taking a very long time to figure out what they want to do next. The small security checkpoint issue for employees is also now a thing I’m experiencing :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically the main difference for the new pathfinding is they way it is ensured it is being calculated in a separate thread. It now makes sure it doesn’t interfer with the main game thread, this was not 100% the case before. This should lead to faster path finding and improved overall FPS. However, what I have seen is that it might not be able keep up during fast forwarding. It is calculating at a steady pace and does not “increase” its speed when fast forward. You can see the current path finding queue and other statistics in the debug panel.

If you can help us by sharing some statistics and experience we will see what we can do to improve it further.

Also you should note that we have several other ideas of how to speed it up, which we have not tried yet. These are more complex implementations that we wish to try soon. :slight_smile:

Well, after this update, pax behave strangely, they are sometimes not boarding, weirdly standing aroud not sitting even though they can, group in some strange huge groups, ramp agets are just not working and airport personal wont pass security.

Queues - at first with 1.22.3.5 I got much more sensible queues at busy times with pax sharing out queueing space at checkin and security control, whereas before I’d often get one single long queue with any 2nd and 3rd facilities being left empty. Now I get a big build up of pax at, or just after the exit point from security, none of them making their way over to the baggage belts.

I Like the new path finding stats window.

What’s the most helpful piece of information from that for you?

The path-finding has become a little messed up…
Playing this morning, 2 out of 3 flights had to be delayed due to passengers standing throughout the airport, without bothering to go to the boarding desks. I tried resetting the nodes, but it did not change. Some stayed for up to 10 (game) hours after their flight had departed!