Airport CEO Alpha 23.3 released

Alpha 23.3-4 is now being deployed. We’re hearing your stability issues and are trying to track down the issue but note that we have done no major changes to the path finding algorithm or other performance aspect throughout 23.3 so any “new” impact you experience is most likely coincidental. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist of course, but we really need any output_log or crash files (.dmp) that you computer generates upon a crash to be able to debug the issues.

In this hot fix we have also enabled so that you can toggle path finding to only run on the main thread so if you experience a lot of crashing or freezing try switching over to this by opening up the development panel (F10) and selecting “Main thread path finding” in the top right corner. This is, however legacy and may cause spikes when long paths are calculated but might aid us in understanding what instabilities we are dealing with. We would appreciate any feedback if you try this option.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 23.3-4

Improvement

• [ACEO-2735] - Path finding can now be toggled to run on main thread (might prevent crashes)

Bug

• [ACEO-37] - Runway can be extended outside world
  • [ACEO-2734] - Boarding desk error when placed to far away from stand

Still finding ramp agents don’t know where to go and they just sit anywhere, even though the area is secure and they have a designated staff room just for them.

Can you send a screenshot of the complete area with zones enabled?

Sure thing, here they are.

Although some agents are on one stand working as normal, but the round is now showing as error. This is after I added a new stand on the current 23.3.4 branch.

They are sat within the baggage claim area, but the room in where the baggage handler is, is designated to just them

The issue is that you’re lacking a security check-point, whenever you need persons to cross from an open zone to a secure zone you need to build a security check-point! :slight_smile:

Edit: Unless you have one that I can’t see on this screen… ?

Yes I already have two assigned to just staff at the other side of the airport

Can you send a screen where we can see both the security check-point and the areas which the ramp agents can’t reach?

This is the full airport

Managed to fix by removing the wall, from the smaller security checkpoints and now its all find and they’ve gone to work now.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s strange. Could you possible send in a bug report with the save attached, possibly prior to removing the wall? It shouldn’t have an impact your design.

@Olof,

I am also receiving the stand error for about 5 seconds before it vanishes however everything is working normally.

Just wondering what causes the symbol to show when’s it working fine n aircraft are getting turn around like normal?

It’s caused by a ramp agent trying to access that stand but being unable to, when another ramp agent which has walkable access then picks that failed job the symbol vanishes. It’s a temporary implementation to show that there is some kind of reachability issue (for example if none of your ramp agents can reach the site) but its definitely not the best, it will be looked over in the future.

Design didn’t matter really least it’s working, but since the last update an hour or so ago seeing this again when zooming in/out

light reflections.

All in all though bloody awesome game, so far

1 Like

Looks strange, what graphics resolution are you on and (if on lowest) what happens if you max them? Are you graphics drivers updated?

And thanks for those kind words btw, it’ll only get better! :slight_smile:

@Olof - Using good graphics resolution, but if I save and close and re-open its fine

Hmm, strange, you should be fine, I have the same Mac and have experienced no such issues, what if you move to excellent, does it occur then?

@Olof - No, just every now again it appears, but like I say, if I close it then re-open it it’s usually fine, maybe something to keep an eye on if anyone else encounters this.

1 Like

Yup, true, thanks for mentioning it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Olof - No problem, is there anywhere else I can help with the game, like where on the web can I submit details of bugs, requests etc as I find them? Having bought the game upon initial Alpha release, I feel obliged to help where I can and been a developer (web) myself I know how good it is to have help on hand.

1 Like

Detailed bug reports are the best, we’re running a public Jira which I then guess you’ve must have missed? Just go to www.airportceo.com and press “Report Bug” on the menu. Really, any detailed bug reports we get in helps us a lot (as you know)! :heart:

1 Like