Airport CEO Alpha 23.5 released

Nice idea’s, it is also weird the game has no “administration” office on its premises.

1 Like
    Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 23.5-1

Improvement

• [ACEO-2868] - Airline source data changed to be read via .json input stream

Bug

• [ACEO-2869] - Tilt tray not sorting correctly
  • [ACEO-2870] - Cargo (baggage) paths not correctly calculated

New Feature

3 Likes

[ACEO-28681] - Airline source data changed to be read via .json input stream

Does that mean airline modding is now available?

Okay. When I placed the Highspeed Conveyer, I thought it was broken, missing its belt, I thought it just looked wrong. How is a bag meant to move over that??? And then… And then… A bag went over it!

I love it! :innocent:

Great Job Guys! It looks great, just what I’d expect at a domestic/international airport!

While I’m here, I’ll let you know. Airlines are missing their logos in the flight planner. I’m assuming that this is to do with the new airlines and source data? Anyway, here’s a picture.

Now, I’m off to make a baggage carousel with these new conveyors so that my passengers can’t catch their bags… :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

PICTURES!!! i havent seen it yet, do share :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

pics or it didnt happen! :smiley:

Nooooo! Keep it a surprise. Boost in game numbers.

High speed belts are great! The tilt-tray however definitely needs to be changed so that it can accommodate the high-speed tubs properly. Right now it still acts as a slow speed node causing a backlog. Furthermore, if a bag gets directed off the main line, it holds for a second on the first high-speed node before it moves again in a tub (example on the right hand side of the screenshot).

1 Like

Ha thats awesome, looks great!!

Just split it over more streams ;).

If only I had so much space :slight_smile: Nice system btw. But that doesn’t change the fact that bags temporarily stall when they get sorted when a tilt-tray is placed between high-speed belts

1 Like

They are awesome. I would just like the opportunity to say that you guys have fixed everything that that other airport game did wrong. :grin: I just want to sit and watch my luggage be whooshed away in its little tray. I now feel the urge to spend more time perfecting luggage conveyors. Thanks!

3 Likes

Probably I would get my answers tonight when I play the game but;

1. Everything normal baggage belt system has a copy on high speed baggage system? I mean high speed is just an alternative option for rich airport? (scanners, cargo bay etc…)
  2. Over and underground belts can cross with each other? (no matter normal or high speed)
  1. No - only the belts are high speed. Scanners and tilt trays are the same as before
  2. Didn’t try it yet, but don’t think so. there is nothing mentioned about a change in the mechanism.
1 Like
  1. As mentioned, no changes to those. But let’s say every part in between counts :grinning:
  2. Just tried it, not implemented yet.

I like the looks of the speed belt. I just don’t understand why there seems to be a tray under each piece of baggage. Looks like that the tray magically disappears when the baggage is reroute by a tilt tray and then waits till there appears a new tray.

Looks like the developers used a part of the large security point and forgot to remove the tray part.

This is what they are aiming for. It’s not a conveyer, picture it more like a cart, train or trolley.

DE8648ED-F27D-40BC-8C8E-C457A1F0538D

I like it, but we may need loading or unloading stations at each end. The trolleys work similar to tilt trays, sliding luggage off at the appropriate point. I agree it can be improved, but what an amazingly polished start.

2 Likes

Thx for the picture. Didn’t know that it works that way. Seems like that I learned something new today.

1 Like

Afte the update today, no more airline contracts are comming in for small airplanes. And only cheep contracts are incomming.

A bit off topic but check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiCE6oaKVS4 It covers about all the aspects of such systems with tubs.

I also have baggage trailers disappearing making the ramp agents unable to offload any baggage. Instead some of them started walking towards the baggage bay to drop the bags on the belt :sweat_smile: