Airport CEO Alpha 23.5 released

It kind of does. You can build offices and define which roles have access. I have a large space for my C-level and airport staff and in there I have smaller offices for each officer. I guess I should say that I had that. It never worked, the CEO never went to his space. When they fix it, I’ll have a space for ramp agents near their area. Airport staff and executives will have their space, janitors and service techs will have their space and security will have theirs.

Glad you all like the new high speed belts! As someone correctly identified, its a first ”rough” implementation and will get polished over time.

Its correct that belts cannot cross because as I said earlier we don’t want to implement a shitty temp solution for the baggae but instead true multi-level (or multi-story) construction and then have multi-story pathfinding implemented as a part of it. This will enable baggage belts crossing eachother in a proper way. But we have two challenges first, the rendering solution for multiple levels and then enabling pathfinding with z-values, so there is a bit of work to be done, not a massive amount, but indees some.

4 Likes

Can you not make a crossing a “default” 3 by 3 block (underground) object? Then you don’t need a Z value in path-finding, just within the object. Path-finding could see the object as a in / out, just like security objects in belts.

Saving the video, thanks! great video

1 Like

We could but that is an exact description of a very specific solution to a problem that in the end just will bite us in the ass. We’ll probably break a lot of saves when implementing a true multi-story feature with such a solution in place.

I will however take a look at high speed tilt trays.

Edit: I should say that we’re in a sort of work limbo right now, currently in the process of transitioning to the new office which should be complete by Tuesday next week which is why we’ll hold of default deployment until then.

Btw, for those of you who have reported issues with flight contracts, can you verify that it doesn’t work to regenerate the contracts via F10? Also, is any one having issues with baggage path finding or tilt trays I’d be happy to hear about it.

2 Likes

Sortingsystem - YouTube < maybe make a fastsorter bigger, see an example here (around 1:33)

1 Like

My thoughts on rendering from a UI and user perspective (not coding). I’d like to see a square with a number in on the side of the screen - the number presenting the floor that we’re currently on (e.g. 1 for 2st floor, or G for Ground). Above and below this number is a + sign. Clicking on the plus above adds a new floor. It grays out (monochrome or some other method) the lower floor, shows the outline of the building below. Then you can build wall, roof, escalators, stairs, lifts, open the floor to below, balconies, etc.

Once a floor is added with the +, a new box with a number in it appears above the other with the floor number in it. It is highlighted as the one selected. There will be a+ sign above this so you can add the next floor.

The same method could be used to build below ground too.

I would be a lot of fun and add to realism.

2 Likes

I tried regenerating contracts and i’m only seeing “cheap” contracts appearing. I don’t have any small gates, so I shouldn’t have any appearing. I can also attest to the baggage trailers disappearing (caused a lot of bags to miss their flights… I can only imagine the chaos at the destination airports due to this).

Same here. Airline contracts seem messed up. Only cheap contracts, no more stars visible in the overview panel. When opening a contract, parts of the details that were there previously are also gone. I cannot see if a small or a medium stand is required. Nevertheless there are still contracts for small and medium sized aircrafts as can be seen in the flight planner after signing blindly.

Regenerating did not help. I created the whole airport from scratch with 23.5.1

2 Likes

I’m wondering if bug or if the gravy train is over. I hope not. It’s taking for freaking ever to get enough money for a baggage system.

Not sure if they fixed this or not… but last I checked it is possible buy well into a negative balance to just get it done. First get enough money to buy the most expensive item you want(plus a little extra for good measure). Second pause the game. Third, Buy your way into a mountain of debt. It won’t actually record the purchases you made in cash flow until you actually resume the simulation. Its a no interest loan… the only down side is if something goes wrong your SOL until you have a positive balance again.

I did exactly this when I was doing a massive expansion to my airport. I went in with about $1,500,000 to do my final phases to make it operational. Ran out of that… so I took out the largest loan I could. Ran that out too. In the end I ended up a negative balance of about $500,000 (then the debt from the loan on top of that… but it was worth it).

In all seriousness though @Olof and @Fredrik this should be fixed at some point.

I’ll give it a shot, but first I have to get to $250k just to unlock the last baggage scanner. THEN I have to save enough to do your trick.

Did not work.
The stars are gone and only cheap flight contracts will spwarn.

Regarding Airline Contracts

Due to a change in how airlines are generated, stars are not visible for airlines. You can still sign airlines and allocate flights like before. The size of the aircraft is still visible in the flight planner. This a result of preparing for the upcoming major overhaul of the contract system and to support airline modding.

7 Likes

I’m having a problem with contracts in general on the experimental. All of the contracts are cheap, even the airlines that I didn’t think couldn’t offer cheap flights (Air Strada and Swiftly). There are no other contracts apart from the cheap ones and half of them have a tick through them.

1 Like

Tip: build shops / stores, a lot of them ;).

Did that and can afford everything. Thanks.

1 Like

ACEO-2888 - Baggage is stuck at the disposal device. It was working fine and then bam, it got all jammed up and now all my luggage is backed up.

Had this happen to me also. Just replace the section with a normal speed section just prior to going into the disposal unit. This fixed it for me. Maybe the high speed entry into the disposal unit causes the issue.

Cheers.

The scanners are normal speed, so that will be the reason you create a bag log if you are using a high speed belt into it