Airport CEO Alpha 23.5 released

Maybe the airport staff don’t want their high speed trays being thrown in the incinerator. :grin:

1 Like

LOL. I think you are onto something there. That’s funny.

1 Like

Why dont you have a station with a security guard checking the bagage before the destroyer?

Do you have any idea how much is a salary of ONE security person? Waste ıf money just throw them into destroyer :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe security aren’t saving the trays. Maybe they’re selling them… make sure you’re paying your employees well :sweat_smile:

The scanner with the security guard is for a closer look at a bag that was kicked as bad. If you do not have that station, then any bag that is kicked gets destroyed, thus making your passengers mad.

There are a lot of false positives with the initial scans. That is why it is run by a station manned by a person. I have more bags that passed secondary inspection. That’s a lot of peeved passengers if you are throwing them all away.

1 Like

Finally have gotten around to playing again after a while, congrats on all the improvements so far! Just wondering if this graphical glitch it something other people have come across? I couldn’t find any posts on it:

Also be nice @EG0611, sarcasm doesn’t always convey well on the interwebs :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I have seen this. I just assumed it was to do with the new liveries and the layering with the new airlines and aircraft. I haven’t reported it though. I think someone would have by now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And unability to read another person’s intents just by seeing written text omitting mimics, gestics, speech pattern etc. is understandable and not a feat being removed after X months in a forum. @EG0611: I also did not get your intentions right until you explained their sarcastic intentions. Just text is sometimes too few information. Something, ATTENTION: Cynism: ‘generation smartphone’ still has to learn the hard way sometimes. I do not know whether this applies here, but I have seen people arguing over text messages more than once while the problem could have been solved, if one just would have talked instead of having written something that could be understood in more than one way. Good, not possible here, but then keep in mind, that not everybody understands cynism or sarcasm that well or even is just happy to understand a text in a foreign language without searching for a hidden meaning behind it. Not everyone here is native english speaker.

People, please, let’s direct out conversation around the experimental branch! :slight_smile:

I’ve checked and ran your save and could find no issues, do you have an output_log file that you can send me? You can do so via support@airportceo.com.

1 Like

Are you aware of the layering issues with jetbridges and aircraft Olof? If not I’ll send in a bug report in the morning. I’m assuming it’s a fairly common issue at the moment. Not game breaking though. :sweat_smile:

Yes, we are, thank you. It is, as we’ve mentioned currently transitioning to support airline modding which means some sprite and rendering based changes taking place under then hood which can then cause such issues.

4 Likes

Awesome. Every time I think to myself I’ll be waiting another couple of months for an exciting new feature, you mention (and/or implement) something really exciting (new aircraft, airlines, furniture, conveyor belts, UI, modding). Keep up the great work!

I should mention that I believe you and Fredrik should at least have a bit of time off for Christmas. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yep - I’m thinking from the 18th December to the 8th January, they should have a break. 2017 has been a year of non-stop work for you two! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Build Alpha 25.5-1

Olof, passengers still not sitting in new armchairs? Did this fix get into this build?

Thanks,

Net

1 Like

No, but I just fixed that for Alpha 25-2! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Olof, when is 25-2 coming out?

Tomorrow evening, hopefully. We’re right now busy transitioning to the new office which will occur during Monday and Tuesday but we will try to get the hotfix out at the same time as the devlog. After this and when we’re done setting up out undivided focus will be to deploy Alpha 24 on the default branch, which will occur this week.

4 Likes

Flight contracts, I still seem to not be able to have any more than three at any one time. I mentioned this the other day so not sure if it’s just me or a bug?

Just wanted to +1 on the flight contracts issue. Only cheap contracts show up now. Have medium stands and all services active and working. The cheap contracts contain medium flights so I think it is an issue with contract information rather than the actual contracts but it does cause issues because you dont know if you will get medium or small flights which makes planning a nightmare (especially since I dont have small stands for commercial aircraft)

1 Like