Airport CEO Alpha 24.2 released

Sure, here ya go.

The second one, I can’t even pick the airport I’m working on, as its chopped off at the top, scrolling does not work. (there are 2 saves above those listed)

Some form of UI scaling in-game would be nice also. Like a slider 50%------100%------150%, you get the idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, will have a look at the issue. UI scaling is planned for the full improved UI sprint, right now we just wanted to test aspect ratio scaling.

Thanks for helping out! :slight_smile:

Edit: Just checked it out, does indeed look very strange. Will try and get a fix up for today!

2 Likes

@Olof by any chance did my bug get looked at?

Yes, I sent you an e-mail asking if you had modded the game. Is it modded?

Sorry for slow responses, on a flight right now over Europe so connection is a bit dodgy (so meta!).

I modded it with the ACEOMM + I tried to add one airline, but that’s it…

Looking at the output_log file it seems as if something with the modding is broken, can you remove all mod files and try to launch it again? I.e. clean out all your folders (even the Steam folder) and check again.

It works now! Do you by any chance have any idea when the new contract system will be rolled out, because now I don’t get any airline contracts in game.

Did you change the “use.default” file to FALSE when you modded the game?. Change that back to TRUE.

Or, do a “Verify Integrity of Game Files” on steam. That will fix it for you, I think.

I had issues with contracts the other day and I cleaned my game by getting rid of all my modded files, did a clean install of the game from steam. Now I am slowly adding in my modded files again, but making sure that each modded file doesn’t have any other info in them that the default airlines do. Haven’t had any issues with contracts all day.

But am I now unable to use the mod airlines?

You can, but when you start adding the mod files, do it one at a time. This will help you identify where the problem is if you run into one.

I know it is tedious, but right now I think the guys working on ACEOMM are working through some issues with their .json files that the program creates.

1 Like

Use mods with caution! Modding an early access game is about as edge as you can go! :wink:

24.2-2 is now coming up! Full fixes for 21:9 on main menu in regards to availability. We had a huge legacy issue with canvas scaling which I uncovered with the help of your screens which is why it has taken some time to fix it, thanks for your help. The main menu should now be fully functional and super fluent on 21:9 and any other aspect ratio screen.

Work continues on the in-game menus but that should not take equally long time due to less legacy. Seems to be working OK on 21:9 but I kinda discovered that we’re not scaling the UI at all really, or at least not properly, which is why the next version for the in game world should proved a smaller and better looking UI. From that point on we’re gonna attack the layout itself! :slight_smile:

Change notes are super short as we simply reopened the previous issue:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 24.2-2

Bug

• [ACEO-3072] - Some panels not visisble in 21:9 screen aspects
2 Likes

I don’t seem to be getting 24.2-2?, or is it not up yet?

1 Like

Me ether, could not get 24.2-2, refresh everything and click all the update buttons.

Just opened Steam and downloaded 24.2-2. You need to be on the experimental branch, though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am.

It’s available as I’m currently playing that version. Try switching off experimental and then selecting it again?

1 Like

Just did, still 24.2-1. Reverted to normal version, then to experimental, still the same?

Hmmm, not sure then. That’s strange I’m not sure beyond that then I’m afraid. Sorry. What platform you on?

Very strange indeed, can’t have anything to do with ACEO at least. Check your update settings and make sure that the game has the highest update priority. It’s under a tab in the same menu where you select to go on the experimental branch.

Restarted Steam, changed to ‘high priority’, no update. Never had a problem whatsoever with any other update?

Here is game running on Steam just now - no update available, and 24.2-1