Airport CEO Alpha 24.2 released

I guess you are on a Mac @Rubble? I’m checking our release pipe versions right now. Might be some error with Steam not updating it correctly to the clients. Will attempt a reset and see if that does it.

Yes, I’m on a Mac.

1 Like

@scaramonga, can you try restarting the Steam client again and see if it updates?

1 Like

All good now! :smiley: and lovely flash screen is back too!

Thx Olof :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does anyone else get 6.5 MB update?

1 Like

Yes. Confirmed.

The update was 24.2-2 that was not succesfully deployed for Windows! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Updated experimental branch with 24.2-3, contains proper UI scaling (fixed legacy stuff) for in-game world and minor bug fixes.

The entire game should now be playable at any resolution and any aspect ratio without any visual bugs. Some UI reseizeing has occurred though, including the flight planner panel, but we’ll adress the overall design as we continue with the overhaul UI epic.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 24.2-3

Bug

• [ACEO-3067] - Fuel depot gets filled with fuel even though structure is not built
  • [ACEO-3074] - Contract completion notification contains incorrect spelling
  • [ACEO-3103] - Double serializing of flights leading to large gamedata file
  • [ACEO-3110] - Can't delete unbuilt boarding desk
  • [ACEO-3122] - Flight information buttons sometimes not visible and going off screen.
5 Likes

Epic stuff!! Many thx Olof! :smiley:

1 Like

I decided to test out the new aspect ratio stuff with NVidia surround, so here are my results:
First my setup:
Triple 1920x1080 24" monitors in a traditional surround setup for a final aspect ratio of 48:9 (crazy I know) and a resolution of 5760x1080 (width could be more for other people if they use bezel correction)
Now a screenshot:

First there seems to be a wierd “template” thing stuck on the left lower part of the screen
Next if I use Q and E to rotate, I can see the blue background behind the map on the highway road side.
And lastly perhaps add an option or other integration to still limit the UI to a 16:9 ratio, so I don’t have to throw my mouse across the room to get from the build menu to the contracts panel for example.
and finally the flight planner doesn’t quite fill the middle screen properly, and feels “cut off”

Thanks for making such an awesome game, but I wish the multi levels wasn’t so far away!

3 Likes

Lol! Now that’s the kind of extreme testing I was looking for. The flight planner look is expected, as of now it does not scale with the rest of the screen but I’m having a look at the anchoring of the default panels now. Thank you for this report, added your aspect ratio to our testing environment and will make sure to make it work for that as well! :slight_smile:

Edit: Although “added support for 48:9 aspect ratios” will probably not make the changelog… :stuck_out_tongue:

so are we not able to change the fees that we charge at the airports anymore? when i go to the fees or salaries screen after hiring the correct person, the screen is just gray

1 Like

jep, that sounds like a bug.

Fees and salaries have been fixed. Let’s keep the discussion going in 23.3 instead! :slight_smile:

2 Likes