Airport CEO Alpha 24.3 released

So did I.

Got the same problem

Okay, so Iā€™ve just loaded a build I started afresh earlier today. When I saved the game had PAX waiting to board planes. Those PAX are now all goneā€¦ so empty planes like above.

Additionally, the Cafe reset to zero sales and full time to elapse for successful contract.

• thx for performance upgrade :+1:
  • new contract system is gorgeous
    • but, there are lots of flight conract request. I have 10 medium stands and I can run my airport with only 1 or 2 airline contract.
2 Likes

Ah, I have that report a lot too.

Same, have 1 small carier and 1 medium carier and have them both on 100% service level non stop and flights left over and breached 10 mil cash first time this week due to lag/leak/save improvements.

Had 4 ramp agents who stranded on taxiway, no idea how or why. Had to fire them to get rid of all the red alerts they were producing. Have found another 3 who stand around throwing errors.

@Olof why are staff and people not re-queued in the path-finding algorithm on ā€œun-occupy all person nodesā€?

Can we maybe a ā€œre-queue in pathfinderā€ button on each person in the airport?

Engine having fun with me;

Airport CEO_2018-01-15_05-53-47

Maple are just a super cheap airline :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a great update however mine appears to have broken :joy:

Iā€™m getting flights no issues however there all heading back to South Africa and Sudan but this time with??? As their destinations.

Secondly when they arrive they unload fine but then apparently my ramp agents have issues getting to the stand to load bags have tried everything I can.

Strangely this is happening on new games not a save I have
Any insight would be great otherwise I give up totally and Iā€™m going to give it a few months :joy::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Just a quick note on that weā€™ve read your bug reports and discussion here and will look at a stability hotfix today as weā€™re getting back to the office from the weekend. A few things:

1. For any access violation bugs (i.e. when you game crashes on launch), please check the known bugs website (found via the Report Bug button on the homepage.

2. Again just a quick reminder that this is indeed an update of the experimental branch. So there will be bugs breaking stuff, stay tuned for hotfixes! : )

8 Likes

Thanks olaf, I was literally tearing my hair out ( what hair I have left that is) Iā€™ll just play my small Airport save for now and see how it goes :joy: itā€™s worth Noting Iā€™m using the mod for extra airlines and shops.

2 Likes

I really like the new contract system, but I think its too easy at the moment.

• The airlines offer too many flights so itā€™s similar to the contract panel before 24.3 (need an option to sort or filter them) and you donā€™t have the capacity for so many flights

• Its very easy to get 100% with an airline (and itā€™s too fast. It took one ingame day and I had 100%) so it needs to be balanced a little bit

• You dont know the fleet of the airline as well as if its expensive or cheap. It would be nice if some airlines want to offer only ( or most of the time) high star flights and others donā€™t

All in all I think its too easy, but you already mentioned once, that there are no different difficulties implemented at the moment, so its ok. But that are just some suggestions. I love the new system. Itā€™s much better than the old one.

3 Likes

The new shop counters/checkouts look weird, in my opinion.

Almost as if its not top down and trying to use a faux 3D look, such as that in prison architect, whereas the rest of the things are top down.

We do that on some item (as for the upcoming new structures) but that particular counter is strictly top down. Those shelves are plain, flat, wooden pieces aligned flat with the ground.

Good feedback. The first step is to make sure everything works, so stuff like broken UI buttons and auto scheduling that crashes the game. When weā€™re stable weā€™ll start adjusting the values based on your input! :slight_smile:

Whilst I do see that, its like one of those ā€œvase or faceā€ images, I keep seeing it the other way more prominently.
Perhaps because I havenā€™t seen a counter which restricts movement at the front, forcing two people to squished in the middle and have to walk back a bit to leave a counter with a potential big queue behind them.

Most counters would have the tills offset, so each customer stood to say, the left/ right of the till, with those common items that they entice people to buy, just before paying.

Just my opinion of course

i.e

Thanks for the feedback FX2K!

The model is actually not faux 3D:

But I think your feedback is valid, Iā€™ll soon have another look at the model to see if we can update it to feel more realistic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not knocking the work, I love the polish coming to the assets etc, I just canā€™t ā€œunsee itā€ on this particular item, lol.

no worries, i like feedback :slight_smile:

for now it will stay like this, and hopefully when we will everything up with stuff/merchandise it will look better.
if not, we can easily change things
:smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, that would probably do the trick to be honest :wink:

Here the truck goes again xDDD

4 Likes

Thanks for all the discussion and bug reports! Hereā€™s todayā€™s hotfix as promised:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 24.3-2

Improvement

• [ACEO-3194] - Minor Unicode character airport fixes

Bug

• [ACEO-2932] - Objects do not update correctly with broken visualization effect
  • [ACEO-3170] - Forgotten tool tip on reschedule button of flight information display
  • [ACEO-3177] - Requirements panel in flight planner broken
  • [ACEO-3178] - Master contracts with allocated flights are un-cancelleable
  • [ACEO-3186] - Boarding times sometimes displayed incorrect
  • [ACEO-3191] - Crash on auto schedule

Weā€™ve also slightly adjusted some values on the easiness of satisfying airlines! :slight_smile:

Devlog tonight as usual.

7 Likes