Airport CEO Alpha 24.4 released

We anticipate the devs will optimise performance in the future. They will have to, because it will be required when opening the 5 out-of-world areas on the map into which we will expand.

We have many plans for improving performance over the near future. Weā€™re running a lot of experiments and labbing (stuff we didnā€™t have time for prior to working full time) and have identified several areas in which we can gain noticeable better performance. Weā€™ll devote these discussions to a dedicated devlog though, as you donā€™t want me rambling on about it here.

I actually came for the Alpha 24.4-2 deployment. We havenā€™t yet solved the rare boarding issue but itā€™s on the top of our list and we need a few more hours to make sure that itā€™s fully patched. Alpha 25 on default is planned for Monday together with DevLog 100, here is the log for this release on experimental:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 24.4-2

Improvement

• [ACEO-3219] - Stand upgrade cost balanced
  • [ACEO-3234] - Improve game controls including camera movement, smoothness and zoom speed
  • [ACEO-3313] - Implement improved secure area exit item graphics
  • [ACEO-3314] - Implement improved conveyor belt system scanners graphics

Bug

• [ACEO-2901] - Aircraft stuck on demolished stand
  • [ACEO-2995] - Service truck deserializing with missing baggage cart causes ramp agent bag transfer deadlock and unlimited amounts of bags unloaded
  • [ACEO-3105] - No notification if pushback truck does not exists.
  • [ACEO-3187] - Aircraft are visible in world before landing.
  • [ACEO-3275] - Aircraft can on rare occasions get stuck on stand waiting for a refuel that has not been ordered
  • [ACEO-3307] - Player is given penalty for night flights even when night flights is unlocked
  • [ACEO-3319] - Incorrect flight number in vehicle job task panel

New Feature

• [ACEO-3315] - Add sesnitivity sliders for controlling camera movement speed and camera scroll speed
  • [ACEO-3316] - Add ability to drag camera using middle mouse button
13 Likes

aaaaaaaahhhhhh! Still no fix for the no arriving aircraft bug!

thanks for the update!!! You even included one of my suggested improvements. I feel specialā€¦LOL

2 Likes

The new graphics. Security exit looks very nice and detailed

8 Likes

what about night flights?
:flight_departure:

Night flights work well. Although, I did submit a bug report for Flight Planner whereby a night flight is not entirely shown when using the Auto-Planner

Have you filed a report? What number does it have?

What about them?

How to get Alpha 24.4 Build Please?

ah i find how to get this xD

Is the passenger slider introduced yet? And if so, where is it located? (the slider which letā€™s you choose the number of passengers per aircraft to improve performance)

2 Likes

Itā€™s located in the gameplay settings panel! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Add ability to drag camera using middle mouse button

Woohoo!! Thank you!!

We got a patch just now? Mmm, maybe my steam did not get the last one.

scrap that - I now have day and night available.

Itā€™s nice that shops that were singed on a random time now have customers :smiley:

ACEO-3327:
My autosaves are corrupt. Loading them, the complete staff is missing. But manually saving works just fine.

Also some dubious baggage bay connection issues. Dubious because I havenā€™t changed anything for a long time and a reload fixes the problem. The symbol appears randomly, apparently

Known bug, get the save to @Olof by bug report.

1 Like

Which of the two bugs is known? Corrupt autosaves or baggage bay connection? (Already submitted the save for the first of the issues.)

Save games loading without staff, no confirmation, but I encountered it only on auto-saves.

The random baggage error I have had too, a secondary reload mostly fixes it. But we really need baggage path validation on objects :wink:

Why do bathrooms start their count on 0 in stead of 1? (Bathroom 0, Bathroom 1, etc.).

Just had a plane that was waiting for a ramp agent who was stuck on a location that the game declared unreachable to<>from the stand. I fired the ramp agent (It did not want to move at all), then the plane did not want to go. A reload made the plane go after a dismiss.

Problems with special path-finding was solved. Route / Object Errors should really specify room IDā€™s.

Just doing one now! I had tried a number of times before but certain files were too big- I hadnā€™t red the bit about zipping them :man_facepalming:. Sorry :joy::+1:

Agree completely