Airport CEO Alpha 25.4 released

Yes I do have night flights, does that affect this? Based on the reply from Olof they know about this issue and are working on it.

Normally the janitors will catch up at night, now they dont, so, you needs lots and lots more of them.

Another day, another hot fix! Alpha 25.4-3 fixes the walk through wall issue and a minor issues with fuel trucks roaming the world when parking at fuel depots. Also adds some new, but minor, stuff.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 25.4-3

Improvement

• [ACEO-3641] - Improve appearence of high speed conveyor belt tray

Bug

• [ACEO-3633] - Exaggerated performance null check on fuel depot parking can cause fuel trucks to target zero vector
  • [ACEO-3638] - In certain activities persons fail to recognize that a given path request has failed, resulting in them floating across the terminal through objects and walls
  • [ACEO-3642] - Subway entrance is enabled for transit despite not being fully constructed

New Feature

3 Likes

Subway entrance still not cleared. Do you want a new bug report with savefile?? Itā€™s the same savegame I submitted previously. over 14000 pax, and over 14200 in pathfinding queue

EDIT: I surrender. Iā€™ll just wait until vers 25.5

1 Like

I can not update the game

this is the experimental build you have to opt in, right click the game in steam and go Properties, and the Betas tab.

1 Like

@dallas try to reset some assets and see if things work out. Pres F10 menu to see options.

Hi Olof, sorry for the late reply, I was out from early to late Tuesday and didnā€™t get any chance to use a computer.

On the save I sent, Iā€™ve just reloaded it and straight from the stand exit point they walk through the walls. It now settles down to normal behaviour so Iā€™m guessing the update did something?

Keep up the stellar work.

Thanks. Iā€™ve used F10 until Iā€™ve worn-out the key. Iā€™ve even eliminated all the pax by editing PersonData.json. The pax return and get stuck. Baggage broken, etcā€¦

Is your pathfinding queue still >6000? Hit F10 and look at the statistic, then pause the game. The queue might decline then. Once it hits 0 unpause to 1x speed. Still no one moving?

Hi, thanks for the updates. In the latest version, my pax do not use the check-in desks anymore. So nobody checks in and everybody stands in the terminal, eventually leaving home again.

1 Like

I have the same problem.

@Maexken, as I mentioned in my post, queue is over 14,2000

Then, as I said: Hit F10 and look at the statistic, then pause the game. The queue should decline then. Once it hits 0 unpause to 1x speed. Still no one moving?

At times I can also see people standing around, red bubbles above their head, but it only happens if pf-queue is >>0. Just imagine, if a person is generated in the Subway station, it has no path, to generate itā€™s path first all 14 200 paths of other people/vehicle/aircraft have to be calculated.

Maybe to circumvent this problem, you could lower the # of people on each flight. However I donā€™t know how fast that will take effect, I believe you will see an effect only with newly generated flights, so that it will take like one ingame week for everything to adjust.

@Maexken, I did as you said. While paused, the queue does not change. Help me to understand; why would the queue decrease if the game is paused??

Especially after reloading, when the queue count is initially high and also throughout the game, the queue count decreases in my game, when paused. This would mean, that all open path requests are dealed with, which obviously isnā€™t a problem, when the game is paused, as it has nothing else to calculate. Also no new path request are brought up, so a decreasing total amount of queued request is the result.

With my savegame for example I can only play at 3x during the night (1,5x during day), if I donā€™t reduce the speed during day, the queue steadily rises. If I pause the game can recuperate and I can move on at maximum possible speed.

I only brought my queue count up to a maximum of 500 however, I even then notice persons not moving and waiting for their path. However, after pausing, letting the queue count drop and unpausing everyone not moving before starts to move and the red bubbles clear away.

1 Like

The game should dis-queue on booth, so, timedilate the game back until the queues are processed, same for the spawning contract delay and the rating delay on boot of big airports.

I would join in on the discussion of the queue count but I wonā€™t since Iā€™d like to emphasize that the new system is so fast that there wonā€™t really be any queue count.

Wellā€¦ unless someone manages to get something like 50k pax requesting queues at once. Iā€™m sure someone will and I will have to eat up this statementā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking through the recent reports as of now. Might push another hot fix later today depending on report severity.

6 Likes

Sounds promising @Olof! Always nice to have a high bar and try to break things :wink:

Are you guys still on track to release the new pathfinding system by the end of this week for experimental, or will it take a bit longer?

#promises :smiley:

videos or it didnā€™t happen Olof :smiley:

2 Likes

Just Noticed the new issue. Baggage Unloading in Progress the count 12000+ Strange issue