Airport CEO Alpha 26.1 released

McDonald doesn’t have a bank account of -5M :joy:

Yes, but not everytime so I sometimes forget to check and don’t realise till I see no baggage carts milling about.

This is definitely turning into off-topic, but that’s pretty cool. Never heard of it before, but sounds fun. I would take a mango smoothie every now and then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why is this games progress so slow. It’s starting to takes weeks just to release a small update with a few bug fixes ,which is tiny amount.When you compare the updates to sim airport who release updates DAILY with like 20 bug fixes.I really love this game and it could be so amazing with the right speed,but I’m just losing interest as it’s so buggy to play and most things don’t work as effective as they should be,this games been out for like 6 months now and all there is in terms of new content is a plant and a recycling bin, 5 more fps and a subway. It’s a real shame tbh. The progression in updates is slower than my gran going up stairs.

@ArchR Releases and bug-fixes used to be fairly often. Now, not so much. Kinda come to a halt actually; last fix was 11 April There were weekly dev blogs as well.

The devs have been focusing on several other things.
Performance has been one of them (and more than 5 fps :stuck_out_tongue: ) and at the moment they are working on User Interface / User Experience. These are fairly major topics.
It’s just a 2 man team, although working full time on it. And although we all wish it would go faster, it is what it is.

If you are losing interest, then why not come back in a few months and see what changed? You will be just as welcome then as you are now :smiley:

7 Likes

Sorry you feel this way. :confused: There has been a lot of work put into stabilizing the alpha version since release and yes a fair part of that work has been done under the hood and not directly visible to the players. Quite a lot of work have also been devoted to fix office space, properly setting up the company and other administrative tasks. We have also started expanding the team by hiring freelancers on specific tasks to try and speed up the process so that we can focus on more core game development.

If you look at other games with small indie teams, 6 months is not a lot of time in alpha. I know I mentioned it a few times before but games like Factorio have been in early access since 2012, way before we even started on Airport CEO. Of course, we are also eager to focus a lot more on bringing new content to the game but it is no good doing so with known performance and usability issues. I rather spend another extra months in early access to get it right and by so get a better final product in the end. Also, it is not a race against other games of who can publish the most updates, at least not for us. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

@ArchR
The game is … what is … and that’s good !
Is one of a kind and unique !
I personally just expected that, I like how the gentlemen work on it and develop it.
Comparing it to the competition is pointless because you don’t compare apple to apple …
Look objectively at both games … and think about what you wrote …

Greeting for grandma :wink:

:flight_departure:

6 Likes

I understand your frustration, but time is the key here :slight_smile: AirportCEO is far more realistic and complex (in a good way) which allows us to create and manage our airports. When I first was deciding to buy ACEO or SimAirport, I was scrolling through the reviews. I saw one review that was something like, “Just buy AirportCEO, it has more features. Don’t regret it.” I trusted that one review and I couldn’t have been more happy of that. Yes, it may take time for updates to come out and your game might be slow. However, the guys there are hard workers and they spend time into everything. Give them more time, and your problems may go away for the better. Plus, maybe there will be more features to make it even MORE realistic.

2 Likes

Yeah, it has gone down quite a bit due to most development resources being put to developing the new UI together with the Steam Workshop integration. We’re used to multitasking and during the performance sprint we were able to combine performance fixes with regular bug solving. This time around we’re trying an approach where we’ve mainly focused on one issue at a time, and in large this means comparably a lot less time put into bug fixing compared to the previous sprint. However, as the UI project matures we’ll be able to push it back to the main branch and then become agile enough to again start pushing frequent updates. Consider these past weeks an exception, our ambition is to keep the updates flowing at a steady pace - which they will be again once the two branches are merged.

FTFY! :wink:

3 Likes

when will the heavy stand and the a380 come out?

2 Likes

later :wink:

3 Likes

Note; When building a 1*1 door, in a non build wall, it does not show the angel of the door, seems the same is true for a finished wall.

Seems there is still some bug that lets shop/food staff stick around when you delete a shop contract. - will send save in later.

The time-out for builders to go to their “staff-room” is huge still too.

Builders can build through walls.

And whatsup with the whole “save” path when saving a game?

DevLog? :frowning:

1 Like

Gave a response here: Devlog this week? - #5 by Olof

2 Likes