Airport CEO Alpha 27.4 released

Maybe but I get similar problems that one moment I have 100,000 in the bank and suddenly negative 350,000. Coming to think of it, it may be the fuel that comes in since that is 200,000 and fuel was just under $2 per litre?

I recall fuel actually never costing anything which was weird but damn this is kinda over the top.

Edit: On my new airport I just opened a fuel depot, the game instantly made me pay 200,000 * 1,93 (=386,000) and since it is only a starter GA airport I don’t not yet have a CFO to change prices so I sell my fuel at $2 per liter. Considering I payed 50,000 in procurement I need to sell 714,285 liter to break even on procurement costs, neglecting the fact I that the fuel trucks have purchase prices and upkeep. I know bulk buying is cheaper but while starting up that is difficult if not impossible because I don’t think the larger contracts are available then?

There was a bug that was causing fuel to be free up until Alpha 27 (we never really discovered it until then). :slight_smile: The purchase prices were also unrealistically cheap so we increased them, but I see in your calculation that it might be too expensive today. I will reduce them slightly but it should not be too easy to make a ton of money out of fuel. Maybe we need to have a smaller fuel depot which contains only around 50k or so, as 200k liters might be a bit overkill in the beginning.

1 Like

That would be great. I would say that after about an hour of gameplay a person should be able to make a profit so that would be about 400 refuels? The setup costs roughly equate to 75,000 to get the research and depot so then each plane would have to have 187.5 profit per refueling. I’m not sure how much fuel goes into one plane but gameplay wise I guess anywhere between $0.5 to $1 profit per liter would be fair, considering you also have the truck upkeep.

Maybe a system where upon contract acceptance, you have to pay for an x amount of fuel so you aren’t surprised by a $350,000 payment?

Also, the whole concept of ‘800,000L per delivery’ concept sounds very weird to me because there is no way for me to get a depot to accept anything over 360,000L right? or does the remaining fuel go to other depots? And what if I can only store half of it, do I still pay for the remaining? Maybe a tooltip of some sorts to explain would be convienient for players to find it out.

1 Like

I think a smaller fuel depot is part of the solution here. I think that would be quite useful for Avgas which is naturally more expensive and not sold in large quantities. Also a way to set the desired fuel tank level would be nice. That way you can control it yourself and the fuel trucks will only fill up to that level. Yea, the “per delivery” is not really implemented. You only pay for what the fuel truck hauls to your fuel tanks so you are not being cheated. :wink:

A short evening update with some smaller fixes! :slight_smile: There is still a known bug with construction delivery that can suddenly stop working. We are looking into the root cause and aim fix it asap tomorrow.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 27.4-4

Improvement

• [ACEO-4161] - Added visual guide for current selected build category
  • [ACEO-4171] - Fuel purchase prices reduced slightly

Bug

• [ACEO-3366] - Error when attempting to remove old flight from game system
  • [ACEO-4064] - Flight process panel doesn't take day date into account when sorting flights
  • [ACEO-4085] - Notification not properly displayed if runway is incompatible with aircraft attempting to land
  • [ACEO-4095] - Taxiway foundation and generic tarmac tile quality rating do not match other foundation standard
  • [ACEO-4097] - Bench cannot be build outside if area has been marked as a room
  • [ACEO-4114] - Passengers passed security do not match up with number of boarded passengers
  • [ACEO-4116] - Intersection does not always connect properly causing vehicles to take longer paths to got to their destination
  • [ACEO-4119] - Arriving and departing passengers switched in flight process monitor
  • [ACEO-4125] - Light poles can be stacked on top of each other
  • [ACEO-4142] - Road vehicles stop spawning after a while
  • [ACEO-4165] - Staff types sometimes not visible in staff room dropdown
  • [ACEO-4166] - Game settings not always load correctly
  • [ACEO-4168] - Insufficient fund displays when there is enough fund to purchase
  • [ACEO-4169] - Large magenta rectangle visible when hovering over terminal foundation icon
4 Likes

Put everything I find in balancing issues in a nice list for you here: Financial Balancing

Thank you for creating this game and being so involved.

1 Like

Thanks for another update.

I see the fps lag spike has not been fixed yet:
Has noticed a huge lag spike when opening and closing the staff panel. Solution is to open and close other panel and the lag spike will be gone.
U heeft met succes de kwestie (ACEO-4138) aangemaakt.
EDIT: Also when opening and closing the Job Task panel i see the fps is dropping.

Fuel depot is empty, it says depot is not awaiting delivery. Fuel trucks stop and return back just after they enter the map

We are aware, we get the same. We have tried many things to reduce the lag that is produced when generating the lists. We are now considering generating them with delay sort of like the procurement panel. Unity is not so optimized when it comes to generating large lists like this. :confused:

Try to wait a bit. There might be some bugged deliveries in the system that needs to be “flushed out”. If you let the vehicles come and turn back for a while, there should finally be one that actually delivers fuel.

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed when opening the staff/job task panels the fps will be decreased(30 FPS). Its just strange that when the panels have been closed the fps will be decreased more(10 FPS).

Hi there,

I have some UI sizes problems here…
Does anyone know the issue?
Not playable with this!

Also i can’t load my saves with mods :frowning:

Have you tried, as a workaround reducing the UI scaling?

Thanks! Just discovered this option.

So now i have the problem of my saves not loading with officiels workshop mods enabled and it was working a few hours ago… Loading blocked at “Initial preparations” :frowning:

And just tested with a new airport, same issue. So I can suppose that my saves are not corrupted and the problems are coming from the official workshop mods and/or this new evening update… If anyone have the solution.

Working fine without any mod loaded.

Alas, due to still being on holiday I’m very limited in my abilities to help test and debug things and not the general continuity I normally am. I will take a look at what I can ASAP though in regards to things I’ve previously mentioned and others have commented on too.

Regarding all types of issues with loading mods. Please send the save you are trying to load via the bug report form: 错误 - Apog Labs Jira

In the description, list all active mods you are trying to load so that we can test it from our end. :slight_smile:

Just done that: ACEO-4184.

Thanks!

And regarding the UI scale problem, I see that the problem is here with each load of my saves with UI scale set to 1 and when I set it to 1.15 for example then back to 1 the normal display appears.

I tried loading your save with the mods and had no problems. :frowning: However, it took a few minutes. So how long have you waited?

Can you also send me the output_log located here:
C:\Users[YourUser]\AppData\LocalLow\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO

I have noticed the scaling issue as well and I am looking into it. :slight_smile:

The output_log file was in the report.rar normally. How long did you wait? I will try that time. It’s really long though compared to yesterday morning which was mush faster if it is working…