Airport CEO Alpha 27.4 released

I restarted the game just now and GA came back. So everythings fine.

I play on 1680x1050 in full screen mode. Will wait until the new update and get back on you.

I had (both times) problems hiring board members. I guess you need to click on the (+)-Symbol on the board member site, but nothing happens. However, I reported a bug under [ACEO-4038].

Thanks and again: great work you guys did til now!

1 Like

We cannot seem to reproduce this issue, do not detect any performance degradation using the process panel. Could you submit your save?

As for the jittering weā€™ve found a solution, will be deployed within a few hours!

awesome!

I had a quick blast last night with the Experimental version and a few issues

After opening various menus, It became problematic to zoom in and out, almost as if a hidden ā€œwindowā€ was below my mouseā€¦ i.e, I could zoom with my cursor in specific areas on the screen but not in many many others. Panning around didnā€™t really help. I think, but canā€™t be 100% sure, that this went wrong after using the 'show random passenger for this flight" button

I found myself getting a little stuck with some windows open and not closing as expected, luckily pressing escape did cure this, whereas normal clicking out of the window/menu had no effect, whereas moments earlier it did.

The flight ermā€¦ hmm, I donā€™t know its name, not the flight planner but the one that shows the progress etc, I find quite intrusive, I would love to see a drag handle for the top, so I can make it 30% of the bottom of the screen instead of its current 95% covering. I can imagine myself wanting this open for a while, whilst jumping around / looking at various aspects of my airport to see whats going on and how I can improve it, but the current design, whilst great internally (as in, the content inside the window), it covers the entire screen, so canā€™t be used like this.

The accelerated panning is just awful, please make it move directly from my input and not use an acceleration / auto movement method, its horrible and very difficult to comfortably control. Edge panning is a no go, trying to hit menu buttons and panning without meaning to is a pain, which leaves using the keyboard againā€¦

Its starting to take shape though :wink:

2 Likes

I am able to use the steam workshop in the aplication. Already for 4 hours

Iā€™ve sent a bug report with some small issues that iā€™m experiencing since the new update like problems with fuel trucks and zooming in and out. Overall everything itā€™s working fine. ACEO-4048

1 Like

It is available in the Steam program:

Open Steam program
Login
Click Library and click on ā€˜Gamesā€™
Right click on Airport CEO and select ā€˜View Community Hubā€™
Click ā€˜Workshopā€™ in the top community menu

2 Likes

Weā€™ll be holding off with the deployment of 27.4-1 until tomorrow afternoon as we have a somewhat exciting performance implementaion (better FPS for large airports when zoomed out) in the pipeline that needs just a bit more testing.

As for those with flickering panels I recommend trying either a smaller or a larger resolution. This is a Unity bug for this version of the game engine (quite annoyingā€¦) but weā€™ll hopefully have a solid fix for it tomorrow.

3 Likes

I really like the flight process monitor, fun to be able to monitor the whole process from people arrives untill flights take off.

I submitted via a bug report this morning, do you want it sent again?

Airport is also fairly large - 24 GA stands, 12 small aircraft and 9 medium (8 Runways total). As mentioned before, FPS works absolutely fine until the processing tab is opened and it messes up :confused:

What was the bug number? And what are your hardware specs?

I didnā€™t note the bug number, iā€™m not sure where to find it.
8GB Installed RAM
Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i5-6200CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
64-bit operating system and x64-based processor

Hi, I just want to remind everyone the importance of reporting any bugs you stumble upon via the official bug reporting form. It doesnā€™t take that long to do and will help us immensely with tracking. You donā€™t always have to attach a save if it is not relevant to the bug, but please include forum name or email so that we can contact you in case we will need it. Posting a bug here is not a good idea as these threads can easily be quite long and therefore we might miss it. Thanks all! :smiley::airplane:

2 Likes

Hi! I noticed my GA traffic is acting weird. Nothing lands at all during the day (i.e. before 6pm). Then, 6pm hits, enough planes land to fill my GA-only stands, and thatā€™s all the GA activity I see throughout the day. Just wondering if thatā€™s the new GA behavior or not?

1 Like

yea iā€™m having the same problem

I still cannot access the workshop. The game still does not show up. Or does it not work on the steam client?

i am also getting a line of notification saying that the construction workers cant reach there job site but all of them are moving

I do not appear steam workshop
sorry for my bad english
im from argentina

ACEO-4055 Bug Report - unable to edit which staff members can enter certain staff rooms. I specifically cannot get the dropdown menus to open to check/uncheck staff types.