It’s time for the weekend and that means another ACEO version deployment. This version features a few important fixes ranging from bug fixes to an all new zone merger system that noticeably increases rendering performance when zone layers are enabled, lowers the time it takes to load zone objects and reduces to zone save file with on average well over 1000 percent (lol)…
… but perhaps most importantly, we’ve implemented an in-game bug reporting tool!
In-Game Bug Reporting Tool
For quite some time now we’ve been more or less impacted by poor report quality. This is not the player’s fault, as the current process for providing a report that is considered of good quality, i.e. with log file, screenshots and save game attached, if very tiresome. To mitigate this issue we’ve now implemented an in-game bug reporting tool that does this for you!
You fill in the relevant fields with relevant data, and as you press submit we grab your hardware specs (your specifications, game version and operating system as well as screen size and battery level), take a snap shot of the save, grab the log file and, if you haven’t already included one, capture a screenshot and then send it off to our Jira instance.
This is what it looks like when it enters our system:
This should hopefully not only make it alot easier for you to report bugs but also vastly improve their quality as we’ll always be guaranteed to have the file we require to properly debug the issue.
What if the bug reporting panel is bugged?
Meta! The online portal will still, and always, be open for bug submissions - at least for the foreseeable future.
Here are the change-logs for Alpha 27.5. Next week we’ll only focus 100 percent on critical and high bug solving as we’re targeting next week for default deployment for Alpha 27.
Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 27.5-0
- [ACEO-4222] - Sightly increase night ambiance lightning
- [ACEO-4224] - Improve zone rendering performance
- [ACEO-4237] - Implement smart zone merger system to reduce load time and zone save file size
- [ACEO-3493] - Refueling of GA very slow
- [ACEO-4107] - Incorrect process exiting of information desk interaction causes passengers stuck in a waiting loop
- [ACEO-4110] - Employee reset action invoked by object pooler can cause NullReferenceException to be thrown upon deserialization
- [ACEO-4138] - FPS drop after closing staff panel
- [ACEO-4241] - Mouse scroll doesn't always zoom in and out
- [ACEO-4275] - Environment terrain objects temporarily shine up during night
- [ACEO-4276] - Stones get deserialized as trees
- [ACEO-4277] - Job task workforce containers do not get destroyed correctly causing duplicate staff or vechicle type entries
- [ACEO-4225] - Implement in-game bug reporting panel