Airport CEO Alpha 28.4 released

What could that be… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

A surprise?

1 Like

On Atlassian they tell:

To celebrate the one year anniversary of Airport CEO in early access we will deploy a secret new feature.

First I though about some simple decoration objects … but calling it a “secret new feature” I wonder if that could be something more complex than just some simple objects. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

Maybe multilevel terminals? jokingly

2 Likes

Only 3 days left

1 Like

Lol, their joke was ruined when somebody just days ago mentioned that 3D thing… hahaha…

My guess? More airlines? :smiley:

EDIT: @Jettuh referred jokingly to this 3D-view as “secret feature”… coincidence, I think not!

Is it not weird that buses for remote stands can carry 90 passengers in one go? Also the planes are not that big compared to the passengers - If we open a plane roof, all the passengers even on the medium planes will not fit.

Or moving walkaways??

2 Likes

Alpha 28.3-3 is up and brings down the bug where service trucks could stall in front of stands! As we’re nearing a default deployment we’re only looking to solve critical bugs as of now.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 28.3-3

Improvement

• [ACEO-6800] - Various very minor performance improvements

Bug

• [ACEO-6786] - Some runway entrances and exits foundations overlap markings and aircraft
  • [ACEO-6793] - Service trucks hauling cargo can reference its previous flight causing stalling outside stands
4 Likes

The system is prepared to handle several rounds of buses and even two at once, for example if you have deboarding and boarding both in back and in front but right now we want to keep the complexity down! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Might @Olof and @Fredrik will close down everything and go to a paradise island, enjoying the life they can do with our money? :thinking:

Kidding: Hope they will give us large planes and runways, but words, @Jettuh spoke are quite resonable.

2 Likes

I won’t tell too much but… consider it more of a massive improvement to a very non-problematic area of the game. It’s not a new feature per se but there’s a lot of new code in there to manage that improvement. We wouldn’t be this quiet and secretive with multi-level or large aircraft! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Interestingly - I have been taking a few airport buses lately - you can fit about 90 passengers in an airport bus - one without a trailer.

I wonder if it is front and back staircases?

Still looking forward to this “surprise”… Final Year Exams next week but still need Airport CEO to destress :joy:

1 Like

There was another update right now and it causes the ramp agent to get stuck while taking baggage from the plane.

1 Like

Seeing this too - but seems to be intermittent and unstick itself eventually. Was also having an issue where there were frequent “bag cannot be transported to conveyor system” errors - I believe from incoming planes. (surmising the code has a miniature conveyor system in each). Closed all my stands and reopened them - seemed to resolve if anyone else had the issue. This is from a save that was started about 4 versions back - i know some of those errors might be fatal and persistent. But so far so good with a little nudging.

1 Like

To be fair to the guy who said that, “tilt the camera and suddenly you see everything in 3D” is what Prison Architect did.

I like my surprises, but I wouldn’t read too much into it myself.

1 Like

When will we know what the surprise feature is? So excited!

According to Steam they have released Airport CEO at 28-09-2017

Based on that we could be surprised on the 28th, so in 2 days :partying_face:

1 Like

[ACEO-6768]
To celebrate the one year anniversary of Airport CEO in early access we will deploy a secret new feature. This ticket will get updated with an appropriate summary at the point of release.

… so, I think they will tell us in the patchlog too. If not, just check on their atlassian-board.