Airport CEO Alpha 28.4 released

bseeberg if the game is from the old versions, cancel contract and sign a new one.

On the other news, everything is working like a Swiss watch :wink:

5 Likes

@EG0611, I would love to see this zoomed out so I can see where your vehicle are originating from/how far they have to go to reach the stand/terminal/baggage bay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too. Remote stands are still bugging at my airport :frowning:

Like a symphony

1 Like

Anyway to make the boarding time a little earlier on the remote stands? Every, and I do mean EVERY remote stand is late leaving because of late boarding. I have a vehicle depot right next to the pickups.

Remote stands are looking good from a technical view, I don’t recognize stuck staff or vehicles yet.

But pathfinding for vehicles and job assignments still needs to be improved.

If you have a big airport with, for example two staff rooms for ramp agents with attached service car stops on each side, it happens that an agent from the opposite part gets assigned to a stand serviced by a service car stop on the other side. Of course this poor agent has to walk all the long way through the whole terminal and the service car has to wait the same long time until he arrives. So does the next service car need to wait in the queue, causing a traffic jam. That happens while there are other agents in the staff room just next to the service car stop. Distance should be checked for job assignments, and if there isn’t someone better to do the job, it should be checked sometimes if there got another one available who is closer.

Also I recognized vehicles driving indirect routes instead of taking the shortest one.

Still some work to do to make remote stands enjoyable at complex airports, but at least annoying bugs causing vehicles to freeze seem to be fixed on a first sight.

2 Likes

It might sound wrong, try with one ramp agent stop. I’ve had much better results with that than when trying to utilise multiple stops.

Busses, arghhh thats a different kettle of fish.

@Rubble
Of course, if using only one staff room for ramp agents with service car stops nearby this wouldn’t happen that much anymore. But that’s no solution, just a work around.

2 Likes

Yep, I use only one staff room. Agreed it’s a workaround. Works around though.

1 Like

Yep, I use only one staff room. Agreed it’s a workaround. Works around though.

Problem is, especially for big airports again, this staff room needs to be close to service car stands, non-remote aircraft stands and also to baggage bays, as all these objects require ramp agents to be operated.

As an outgrowth I’ve got another idea now: How about the possability to link baggage bays and service car stop together, so ramp agents can be transported to the baggage bay by car too.

As for non-remote stands they can be linked already anyway, ramp agents just still prever to walk for now. So I reckon non-remote stands will be serviced by service cars sometime anyway too.

1 Like

Can you reproduce this on a new save? I can’t break it like yours did so I just want to know if it’s tied to your save or if it’s a problem in general.

@Fredrik has that on his list, i.e. to overhaul the functionality of business contracts! :slight_smile:

I agree, there is a big issue with how jobs are fetched and I have it on my list to make this system way smarter, especially by building a system that dispatches the jobs and take distances into account and generally being more employee positioning aware than the dummy stupid system we have in place now.

4 Likes

I sent the save in to you. I could reproduce evey time I tried on that save loaded.

I’m more than happy to retry that save. No worries.

And what about a new world?

Not had time, but it was a new build from the -8 release. I did so well, because I know that I could not 100% acknowledge previous builds given previous feedback no matter how much I loved those builds.

I will acknowledge it may well be a legacy save bug.

I think at this stage we are fine carrying on with old saves, and I can probably replicate the issue on your save but I just want to make sure that we’re not having another texture rendering issue on your Mac that we’ve previously had on other Macs for random reasons.

I don’t think it was a textures issue TBH as it affected most things post deleting the SS.I know Mac’s have old Open GL, darn you apple, those new phones make at long last make me think should I upgrade.

1 Like

How do I construct the old stands with the jetways? I’m building a new airport and all it’s giving me is the remote stands.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found it under upgrades.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to get a slider for the “time-out” timer on repair jobs. Now you get warnings that are processed already the moment you click the warning. Set it on MAX 3hrs and the MIN on current timeout or something.

Guys it is possible that there is some bug with experimental build that I can not set salary for employees ?
In previous default build I found a tab where I was able to put bonus and salary.
Yesterday I switched to experimental build to try those new features , made a new airport and now I wanted to check the salary tab and well I am not able to find it anywhere…

Do you have a CFO?