Airport CEO Alpha 28.6 released

Looking forward to that read :smile:

3 Likes

I want to test the same average airport save, comparing the default version with the next internal version, with 5000 passengers (and then 10000) on a mid range PC before drawing any conclusions as to what we’ve accomplished but considering how massively different the rendering solution we’re working on now combined with the coroutine architecture overhaul I at least expect nothing less than a very notable improvement. From a technical stand point I’m very impressed of our achievements so far and it goes to show that we’re not slowing down our continued game development learning process, quite the contrary.

8 Likes

I just emailed you “newish XXVIII” over mail, test away, it is a very slowish airport.

1 Like

That is amazing, you guys are so dedicated to making this game great, that alone makes it such a joy to play!

1 Like

I saw it, super nice, thanks!

Thanks! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Baggage unloading stuck - Bug 7830

Is this supposed to happen? plane seems a bit big.

Seems we are unable to click information desks, bug ID already gone.

Can we please get an alert when 4 star shops start showing up in contracts?

Like said before, we need more subdata, how is it that one airliner gets 100% on the same field as another with 1% result?

I notice that if I quit to the game menu and start a save, upon that reload there are minors bugs like ramp agents hung up at the belt loader, planes won’t board passengers, and the baggage system is disabled. But if I quit to the desktop and relaunch the game, in the same order I just did via the game menu, it launches perfectly. Not sure if it happens to anyone else?

Reloading saves ingame was never working properly in my experience.

For example; check the huge memory occupation after closing a game and going back to the main menu, why does it not shrink at all?

Same here, you are better off closing the entire game then restarting the save.

Is this just the rendering/movement overhaul for people that was discussed a while ago, or more than that?

Luggage and animation routines too. Quite a bit more apparently.

1 Like

All small agents are affected, i.e. passengers, employees and baggage. Completely new rendering solution, agent movement solution and a very large agent behavior execution improvement. Will try to go into more details with the next devlog!

5 Likes

Will the new DevLog appear today?

No, sorry, the above update still remains, we’re putting all resources on development and will post a devlog once this is being tested on the internal branch which I hope happens later this week.

2 Likes

Thank you for this feedback! And hopefully everything will work out the way you want it!

1 Like

I took a break from this game for a while! Personal Life been busy. Can’t wait to see more improvements!!

Yep I’m still around time to time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Submitted a bug with a big airport if you want to test rendering on :wink: I replicated NGO airport (Nagoya, JP). ACEO-7897.

1 Like

When will the Q400 Come??

1 Like

Will the new DevLog or update appear today?

1 Like

I hope so …