Airport CEO Alpha 28.6 released

Good evening all. Some important fixes such as the bug with small flights not generating any income. You can also color service vehicles now. :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 28.6-5

Bug

• [ACEO-7474] - Incorrect job completion method on turnaround process completion can cause ramp agents to be deserted on remote stands
  • [ACEO-7548] - No payment for small stand airplanes
  • [ACEO-7706] - Service car too big in vehicle list UI

New Feature

• [ACEO-5269] - Enable custom service vehicle coloring
4 Likes
  • staff hiring menu’s are stil slowing the game down a lot.
  • reported a baggage handling bug on stands, get us a register :wink: , so we can look up ID’s - it could be related to ramp agents somehow.
  • reported a shuttle bus request bug
  • I get service car errors that appear, and fade out in no-time, so, no idea whats up with that.

Lol, something is up though, should I have thought about routing more?
Ah, it is a grid lock.
Maybe crossings can have STOP sign like behavior, so road vehicles do not block crossings?
Besides, please forbid vehicles to turn on crossings.

Can we get road check point, bridge like, that allow a white/black list with vehicle types?

• I managed to build a plant in and outside my terminal, bug report is in.

This is new.

• Pls allow us to “dismiss” shuttle busses from the gate were it “loads”.
2 Likes

Yes parked right over the top of the pushback truck i need to buy

Has the update been released to steam? It has not appeared for me. I am still running 28.6-4.

Never mind, nothing a quick reinstall could not fix!

I think it was for the experimental Branch…

Yeah, except my steam wasn’t letting me use the experimental branch until I reinstalled the game… In the end it worked.

You have to set this in the steam client, sometimes you need to rollback to stable before it upgrades to most recent experimental. While that happened mostly when you came from an internal build.

What is the airport ratings you all have on this version?

Atm my ratings are horrible due to a big rebuild and my first experience with remote stands, the thing is; they dont restore at all.

We could really use the subset statistics for the ratings, so we can manage the airport on it.

Can we get Tilt Trays to get some logic to them, this belt is going north south and has a split strait/right, but it will hard split strait when their is a queue there, can tilt trays with a SPLIT skip a split option the moment it is queued up?

The bus error that resolved itself, I cannot print-screen it, when you open the menu to report a bug, it removes the window.

And a shop with a contract that is signed while the contract is not active.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 28.6-6

Bug

• [ACEO-7718] - Service car preview too big in procurement menu
  • [ACEO-7727] - Airline satisfaction not updating after handling small flight
5 Likes

I am not sure, setting it to let me use Beta’s didn’t help either, I think it was just some sort of bug, in the end, it resolved itself after a simple reinstall so, no harm done, thanks for the advice though!

1 Like

Quick update: All focus is currently on the new performance update. We’re targeting internal testing of it as soon as possible and once that’s been completed we’re going to write a detailed devlog talking about exactly what changes are made and how they impact the overall simulation performance capabilities of ACEO! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Quick update: All focus is currently on the new performance update. We’re targeting internal testing of it as soon as possible and once that’s been completed we’re going to write a detailed devlog talking about exactly what changes are made and how they impact the overall simulation performance capabilities of ACEO! :slight_smile:

Olof I don’t know why but you sound so happy and confident on this message… Does that mean you guys acomplished the performance update better than you targeted? :wink:

4 Likes

Looking forward to that read :smile:

3 Likes

I want to test the same average airport save, comparing the default version with the next internal version, with 5000 passengers (and then 10000) on a mid range PC before drawing any conclusions as to what we’ve accomplished but considering how massively different the rendering solution we’re working on now combined with the coroutine architecture overhaul I at least expect nothing less than a very notable improvement. From a technical stand point I’m very impressed of our achievements so far and it goes to show that we’re not slowing down our continued game development learning process, quite the contrary.

8 Likes

I just emailed you “newish XXVIII” over mail, test away, it is a very slowish airport.

1 Like

That is amazing, you guys are so dedicated to making this game great, that alone makes it such a joy to play!

1 Like

I saw it, super nice, thanks!

Thanks! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Baggage unloading stuck - Bug 7830

Is this supposed to happen? plane seems a bit big.

Seems we are unable to click information desks, bug ID already gone.

Can we please get an alert when 4 star shops start showing up in contracts?

Like said before, we need more subdata, how is it that one airliner gets 100% on the same field as another with 1% result?

I notice that if I quit to the game menu and start a save, upon that reload there are minors bugs like ramp agents hung up at the belt loader, planes won’t board passengers, and the baggage system is disabled. But if I quit to the desktop and relaunch the game, in the same order I just did via the game menu, it launches perfectly. Not sure if it happens to anyone else?

Reloading saves ingame was never working properly in my experience.

For example; check the huge memory occupation after closing a game and going back to the main menu, why does it not shrink at all?