Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

That’s actually an optical illusion.

3 Likes

Stuck PAX on a to be repaired bench - 8212

Double pushback - 8213

1 Like

Correct! :slight_smile:

You are correct, similar to the wagon-wheel effect. It happens because the animation s not perfectly in sync with the frame rate and 3x speed the effect is more apparent. It is a minor thing but we are fully aware of it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Anyone has any issues with late passengers in this alpha?

I’m getting plenty of delayed flights with 1 or 2 passengers nowhere to be found. It also seems like the boarding desk is unmanned so they can’t board either.

1 Like

Try looking for them at the security checkpoints. My security checkpoints are taking waaaaay longer with this version to scan each passenger.
That made all my saved games unplayable on 29.3 since I would need at least 3 times more checkpoints then I currently have.

1 Like

True! Good point. That’s what I have seen too.

Yes, I have the same, all my late passengers are in my shops at the counters like they are waiting to pay. But never leave until the shop closes. Have reported it as a bug

3 Likes

Thanks for all the bug reporting! Got a lot of good data in, we’ll be hacking away at them today and deploy and update later this afternoon or evening.

Actually, the older version, 28.6 and back, all had broken static queue movement, i.e. passengers that just override eachother and cut in line, which has now been tightened and fixed. Granted, we’ve had many versions where people have cut in line and with this it sort of changes you in-game time perception. We’ll need to look at making the employee search animation a lot faster, which I’m adjusting now, but that might not be enough. We’ll continue to look at this and take balancing actions as required.

5 Likes

thought this was a funny bug… i have passengers chasing after the plane on the tarmac. Olympus Air another on time departure!

Have submitted a bug report.

8 Likes

That’s not a bug, it’s a feature!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

12 Likes

Did you say a LARGE security checkpoint?

1 Like

This is probably the 18794th time you’ve heard this, but can in game time be slowed down?

2 Likes

Is it just me, or do all the people look like men? Even the ones with female ID cards?

currently, yes :wink:

2 Likes

@Olof when you get a chance, please investigate a strange bug where the contractor workers suddenly stop working, and just stand around and do nothing. I have tried reloading multiple times, and sometimes it fixes itself and sometimes it does not. I never am able to complete my airport because the contractors decide to just stand around and do nothing. Dismissing them makes the bug worse, in that most of them leave while some of them permanently just stand there. Please fix this in the upcoming hot fix. Thanks.

F10 - disable “simulate building” (for now).

1 Like

Didn’t see that checkbox! Still would be great to have that fixed, but as I am sure there are other bugs which are a higher priority. Thanks for that , will be trying that out tonight, unless of course the hot fix includes the strange contractor bug :wink: anyways, thanks again.

1 Like

Make ingame bug reports exactly when it happens. These are called deadlocks, and Olof can Always use data about deadlocks.

1 Like

Q: Is there a time limit to how long an airplane waits before it decides to leave passengers behind? It’s happened a few times where a plane is there waiting on the stand two hours because only 63 of 64 passengers have boarded

1 Like