Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

Yeah, it’s deteriorated over time due to various performance improvements and changes. We’ll look into getting it back up to speed as soon as possible as I agree that it does have a serious impact on airport operation performance.

7 Likes

I’m playing on the default branch and since the 29-6-8 update on that branch, the general gameplay has been laggier, with occasional freezes that last a few seconds (not autosave as I turned that off). This didn’t happen when 29-4-4 was on the default branch. I hope this can be resolved.

Average FPS has also been lower and CPU usage has increased.

Fredrik has been out sick for the beginning of this week and so the texture shader issue is currently on hold (which is what we believe is causing this performance problem) but we’ll address this for the remainder of this week. I’m currently working on several remote stand related bugs and other passenger and vehicle behavior issues. Alexander has already become productive and have as a welcome present implemented a medium sized information disk (which we soon also will enable a behavior for):

We’ll deploy a new experimental update tomorrow with these changes! :slight_smile:

21 Likes

The info desks look very cool!!! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: The window topic

Please do! :smiley:

A new version will be deployed within an hour or so.

3 Likes

Around 2am at a guess?

Aha, thats why I got an error

… reload still errors out, thought you had fixed bug reporting on internal?

Good evening,

Alpha 29.7-0 is on its way out right now, mainly targeting the weird CPU load issues we’ve had including a fix for the main menu, a fix for zoomed out viewing (caused by a GPU bottleneck) but most likely not yet the overall load when starting a new world. We’re still looking into this problem and are testing viable solutions.

As for this update, it partially targets some improvements to passenger behavior and a few initial bug fixes for agents transitioning remote stands (several performance improvements caused checks relating to remote stand shuttles to break). We will continue to test remote stands during the next week to make sure we’ll flush out all bugs but to also try and adjust some operational values.

Important: Remote stand bugs previously introduced (i.e. displaced passengers and ramp agents) might not get automatically fixed with this update and we’ll mainly be targeting prevention of thos bugs rather than post-release fixes. However, if we discover that a lot of saves share common issues we might implement additional fixes (as we’ve already done for some identified common problems).

And also… in this update @Alexander has already made a dent! :smiley: … two new desks have been implemented along with visual improvements of others including seats and sitting work animations for employees. Alexander will continue to practically familiarize himself with the code base by implementing new items we have in the backlog throughout the coming weeks (we have quite a few!!!).

This version will soak on the experimental branch during the night and most likely get transitioned to the default branch tomorrow, unless any new more critical bugs have been introduced or if we discover something else during tomorrow’s testing.

Here’s the change log:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.7-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-9775] - Enable passengers to find seating if no check-in desk has been booked for a certain flight
  • [ACEO-9776] - Enable passengers to walk around aimlessly within a certain distance as a wait activity if no other desired activity is executable
  • [ACEO-9806] - Enable passengers to interact with information desks

New Feature

Bug

• [ACEO-8808] - Ramp agents in many cases can get stuck on remote stands or service car stops
  • [ACEO-9134] - Terrain texture shader rendering GPU bottleneck causes high CPU load
  • [ACEO-9613] - Passengers in many cases can get stuck on remote stands or airside shuttle bus stops
  • [ACEO-9616] - Passengers can in some cases fail to claim baggage and stall at baggage claim areas
  • [ACEO-9665] - Passengers not able to complete a certain activity can in rare cases get teleported to airside shuttle bus stops
  • [ACEO-9800] - Persons can not utilize benches
6 Likes

The seats already have a bug, my seats are not used by arriving PAX or staff in non secure staff rooms.

You’re on an old version, wait for the new one… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Enable passengers to find seating if no check-in desk has been booked for a certain flight
this one was already in? prior to this update - if check in is closed - pax would sit down nearby seats

Not in all cases, there were a few situations where they did not execute that behavior properly. Also, since they’re now trying to claim seats as close to the check-in desk as possible, if there are none available, they now also attempt to claim seats within a certain distance originating from their own position (that is again not too far away from a related check-in desk). Welcome to the many, many, many, many headaches of teaching passengers to do what’s in their best interest… :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the new check in desks though :smiley:, just weird they are 3 blocks wide :wink:

1 Like

Well if the medium one is five it’s only fitting that the small one is three… :stuck_out_tongue: … we’ll see if we can adjust the dimensions in a future update.

1 Like

Does anyone just have a large amount of people in the bottom left hand corner of the map?

That’s most likely caused by the bugs in the earlier versions, those passengers should over time eventually clear themselves out.

I am loaded into 29.7-0 exp, and all staff/PAX seems frozen in time.

Tried to free them up by forcing secure zone under them, did not work.

And the high CPU load, with the very short interval of the autosave is getting on my nerves.

Same, I have soms stuck waiting outside