Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

oh my pushback only has 1 turn to make, but I am trying to immitate LAX and it’s terminals. Will likely have 100+ gates when I’m done

I’m not sure there’s enough room for 100+ terminals…I’d love to do it though… I"d remake all sorts of airports for fun, but for now… there’s very little non-used terrain on my current map.

So I am wondering something. As far as I see, we can assign vehicles to stands, depots or parking lots. Does that mean we will NOT be able to assign stands to vehicle depot/parking lots? Do we have to assign every single vehicle 1 by 1?

1 Like

I know what your getting at but let’s say stand one is connected to parking lot 1 and parking lot 1 has baggage trucks and busses etc but for planning reasons all push back trucks are in parking lot 2 won’t they won’t use it. Won’t you then have to allocate vehicle to parking lots which is the same as allocating vehicle to stands. I think vehicle to stands would give more flexibility to use certain vehicles across more stands

1 Like

If you want your service trucks stay at your stands, what do they need a depot for?

Isn’t this exacly what you all were asking for all the time?

1 Like

I think the idea is that you can assign certain vehicles to one stand if you want them to service only that stand. Most likely you will be able to assign multiple stands to a parking lot. This means that all vehicles you assign to that lot can service all the stands it is connected to. (just a guess though, have nothing to back this theory).

1 Like

I have increased my map size through editing save game JSON file from 700x700 to 1200x1200.

Be aware tho, it will have negative impact on performance

SO you can assign the vehicles, but they don’t service the aircraft when assigned a gate?

We really need the multi assign option for these things, especially when you have a bigger airport it’s a grind to assign all vehicles individually…

@Devs, thanks for the update!!

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Umm… you give me reason to want to actually find my save game file now… It’s been a struggle to try and pile it all in, now I see unnecessarily… Haven’t been able to find my save-game file with all sorts of guidance here from the very good help of the members… but that would be fantastic.

Of course, it may now take my game >10 minutes to load because empty terrain is unused terrain.

This is the file path I have available and the only json files I can edit that are valid. I can’t even find the save games folder. Any ideas?

I get it now Clark. I get it. For whatever reason, that appdata folder had remained hidden even though I had it check for visible. Even the search feature didn’t find it.

Running newest update and have submitted bug report as I can’t assign vehicles to specific depots. It only gives me option of “basic vehicle depot” and none of mine are called that…

@Olof - Hello since the new system I just can’t play the game it was very laggy and now it also crash after a few minutes and cause my PC to go to a blue screen error and restart of my PC. I tried another save but still same result. Please help me.

Saves are located in Documents AppData Roaming

Still preferred connecting vehicles to depots and depots to stands, tomorrow I can play a game again to test current iteration.

Suggestion; do a memory test from your system settings. So, test your memory banks if they are still in good shape. Then you know its not a hardware failure.

Also; check the unity folder if the engine created a crashdump/crashlogs.

1 Like

System folders that are hidden, do not reveal themselves with “hidden” setting on non admin accounts, you have to make System Files visible manually.

@olaf why does the save game file waste any space at all with saving notifications. All the notifications serve to do is gum up the works in most cases… does it really matter that a couch was broken? And worse when that information is stored needlessly.

Started a new airport and first test results:

Vehicles are indeed assigned to stands, better said they park on the assigned stand
At some point PAX stop to approach check-in desks and after a while it works again
At some point PAX stop to approach security desks and after a while it works again
Bagage handling doesn’t work
At some point personnel stops working at the check-in desks, have not done a S&R yet (in my case after 3 in-game days)

Have filed a bug report ACEO-9418

1 Like