Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

Hi

Switch to experimental branch to test with the service vehicles to assign to them to a certain gate.
But when I loaded my savegame suddenly all vehicles I have left the vehicle depot and started to drive around creating huge jams, resulting in huge delays… so switch over again to normal branch.
Anyone experienced the same ?

This is caused by the new vehicle assignment system, what happens is that all vehicles grab a new parking space at once causing them all to leave with the purpose of driving to their new assigned space. Due to time constraints I didn’t implement a mitigation behavior for this change and if you wait long enough the issue should resolve itself, i.e. all vehicles should eventually be reassigned correctly although it probably will stall your airport operations a bit.

I`m not sure if it has been mentioned already, but the shuttle busses arrive way to soon and keep occupying the bus stop. Theoretically if you look at the turn around time and the actual time the busses need to load/unload you could pack at least 2 gates/stands to 1 bus stop. But the problem is that the bus already arrives at the bus stop 2,5-3 hours before boarding even starts, occupying the place the 2nd bus would need to unload the second stand and blocking all traffic. Why does the bus arrive that soon?

Have some issues at the moment on a new started game in 29.x:

PAX and personnel are not moving and just pile up in toilets, benches, exits, subway entrance, etc
Bagage bay does not process baggage
Check-in desks are not working
FPS drops to around 12 when opening the vehicle overview, but after X time jumps up again

Bug reported ACEO-9553 and ACEO-9554

At this moment the airport is not working at all as PAX and personnel do not move.

1 Like

I’ve checked your save, you’ve not connected any check-in desks to the baggage bay causing the system to stall. Since there are no check-in desks assigned to the flights (caused by baggage begin enabled), passenger cannot find a check-in desk to originate their seating preferences from (here we might need a fix). Notifications seem disabled so that’s perhaps why you haven’t noticed it. I connected a few check-in desks and everything started working.

Correct, this is a macOS issue we’re working on fixing now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve checked your save, you’ve not connected any check-in desks to the baggage bay causing the system to stall.

Yups, completely my bad, sorry for that :blush:
But strangely enough the baggage bay did just open and did not state any error message, the notification system gave me an error though.

Correct, this is a macOS issue we’re working on fixing now! :slight_smile:

Thanks!! :hugs::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Looking into why that offloaded bag won’t execute though, so a good report anyways! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like this is happening on Windows as well.

Had to close and reopen the game to get it back to normal speed.

I would honestly prefer that to happen, also if you use the new assigning system to gates, this issue resolves itself.

Did some testing on the parking lot:

Vehicles park on top of each other

In the vehicle menu you can assign more than 7 vehicles to a parking lot, causing parking on top and vehicles constantly driving around to see if there is a free space.

Also a strange issue with runways:

The planes on the right just landed (yes also through the already waiting plane) taxi a bit back to enter the exit but stay and wait there (no clue why) causing the taking off plane to go through both of the planes…

The ‘crash site’

The planes on the left also tend to wait on the runway, causing landing planes to cut off tail pieces etc…

@Olof, all in the same save game as above, so did not report it as a bug. If you want I can bug report it for the record.

1 Like

i noticed with parking - trucks can go over on other truck that is occupied space - its shouldnt be hapening

I noticed this too with the parking lots - vehicles parking on top of vehicles. I also noticed that the vehicles screen will not always display the correct lot assignment for vehicles. Sometimes it is correct, but most times it think they are all in 1 lot, and it usually is the last lot I last assigned a vehicle to. They always remain in their originally assigned lot, but its frustrating when you open your vehicles page, and it says all lot vehicles are in one lot, when in reality they’re not.

Sure looks lovely this new type of vehicle.
@Rubble Notice how i have a grey X-button underneath the red X-button on the Bug report summary? That’s how i get rid of it when i need to.

Always nice to have vehicles going over the parking lot when they’re not even coming from or going to there due to an extra road connection when placed on a corner:

In addition, it can be seen in pictures that long vehicles such as large tankers or buses are too long and sometimes collide with incoming vehicles a little.

Guy is riding shotgun there taking over the fuel supply during the zombie apocolypse created by spawning 10k patients in the bathroom…

1 Like

Alpha 29.6-3 coming up any time soon. :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.6-3

Bug

• [ACEO-9501] - Unable to switch back to tutorial from glossary
  • [ACEO-9508] - Baggage doesn't get dropped directly on check-in belt causes it to enter nearby underground belt
  • [ACEO-9539] - Rooms not renameable
  • [ACEO-9544] - Job task statistics incorrectly label certain job tasks as available causing inaccurate shortage warnings
  • [ACEO-9547] - Tutorial and procurement requirements not updated to consider parking lots as available parking objects
  • [ACEO-9548] - Service trucks can stall when loading into a save with service trucks parked at a baggage bay
  • [ACEO-9552] - Vehicle panel container cameras do not work on macOS
  • [ACEO-9553] - Baggage offloaded on baggage bay can sometimes not initiate movement to baggage claim area
  • [ACEO-9557] - Excessive amount of batches due to incorrect vegetation materials causes negative performance impact when zoomed out
  • [ACEO-9560] - Incorrect pixel perfect settings and canvas activation state on UI panel cause performance degradation
5 Likes

First thing I’m noticing is that the vehicles are doing a lot of running around. Crossing from one end of the airport to the other.

EDIT: I’m seeing one PAX not boarding again too.

Yay!! Any news on why (small) JetA1 trucks loop when attempting to park in small stands (seems like they try to park where the service trucks are designated to park)? I submitted a bug last night on it, around the same time as 9539 (also mine), which I see is implemented in this.

Parking vehicles and other behavioral bugs will be fixed tomorrrow!

5 Likes

Just logged 9578 - all my construction workers have frozen, and many are standing in a straight line inside walls they just built… anyone seen this?
Have tried dismissing them, but none are moving. !

Interestingly have managed to now get a whole new batch of workers called out, but the original ones are still frozen in the game.

15476738158717246344942991694731|374x500