Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

So… my latest save is horribly broken since all my baggage trucks froze as well as possibly other vehicles. What’s funny is when I tried to go file a bug report, it froze my game. I’m going to try again right now.

EDIT: I guess the 29.6-3 patch fixed this as by some miracle, everything is working again! Nice work as usual devs :grin:

2 Likes

Anyone notice ALL their trees are suddenly gone?? :joy:

I went a little bug reporting crazy today…

ACEO-9568: watched a service truck come for the absolute furthest depot/parking lot, passing by multiple idle service trucks, to service a stand multiple times. Was borderline infuriating after spends hours of reworking stands to allow for parking lots close to all stands.

ACEO-9569: seen this before but the almost always present shortage you have of service trucks in the vehicles operations tab. I had 16 trucks, 5 jobs claimed, 2 shortage. Does not make sense. I didnt have near all my stands filled either so it was not near being a rue shortage.

ACEO-9572 and 9574: baggage unloading issue where only 2-9 bags would ever be unloaded from a plane, leaving the rest of the bags either in the belly of the plane or sitting on the tarmac. I could tell thats where the bags were because that is where the green line pointed to the bag of the pax waiting in baggage claim for the dozens of bags that never came.

ACEO-9573: dozens of pax standing outside at bus stop or subway claiming “There is nowhere to rest” which was bologna. There were hundreds of seats that a lot of pax found just inside the door only a few game tiles away from the bus stops and subway. Their thought bubbles would quickly shift to “standing still” and they would remain outside until checkin opened.

Thanks for all the work yall do. Bug squashing seems like it is the least fun part.

1 Like

For 9569, its a shortage because there is a future job that’ll be claimed.

For 9572 I think this is because of the inability to process all the bags. Before we had the service trucks leave the stand before all the bags were unloaded so it would be 5/40 and then it would get stuck.

Like an inability due to the game coding or due to my setup?

Thanks for explaining that. Maybe that could be said somewhere in the game, unless it is and I missed it.

1. Its because of the game coding, happens to me all the time.
  2. I’m not sure that it is said anywhere or if it is confirmed, its just from my observations.
1 Like

Thanks for the update guys! Game plays much smoother now again, thanks for that!

• [ACEO-9552] - Vehicle panel container cameras do not work on macOS

Can confirm that this is working, also the FPS drop seems to be gone when opening the vehicle panel :+1:

• [ACEO-9508 ] - Baggage doesn’t get dropped directly on check-in belt causes it to enter nearby underground belt

Don’t know if it is related, but the baggage predicted to be loaded on a plane doesn’t seems to make it:

Ends up in around 1/3 of the actual baggage loaded:

Same with offloading baggage, there were 144 PAX on the plane so you would expect a bit more baggage than 5… :thinking:

Anyone notice ALL their trees are suddenly gone?? :joy:

Can confirm that :grin: But… You can place them yourself :wink:

Love the new vehicle panels, would be also nice to also have a # of baggage for the service trucks like with the fuel overview for the fuel trucks.

Has this been released to the default branch? (Fingers crossed) :slight_smile:

Has this been released to the default branch? (Fingers crossed) :slight_smile:

Unfortunalety, it has been developed for Experimental at the moment.

Oh ok :frowning: the wait :frowning:

Having constant freezes during loading and unloading baggage of the plane, game is getting f**** slow, if I build something I suddenly can’t acces boarding gates or don’t get the stand details… so can’t send away planes which staled operations…

Really really annoying!!!

If you are frustrated with the bugs of experimental you can always switch to default. Less bugs!

1 Like

Just change to the experimental branch. It’s not any different only you don’t have to wait. soemtimes, things break, but it’s an alpha version either way

1 Like

I was on the experiment branch when I started but when my saved file got corrupted I went back to the default branch.

Yes i don’t get things straight away but 700 hours of playing. I can’t start again! All that fun time :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should always make backups of your save before switching over to the experimental branch, we have a few tasks in the dev pipeline where saves will be marked with the last version it was saved with so that it becomes a little easier but as a precaution we recommend backups always.

A new version will be out soon.

3 Likes

Alpha 29.6-4 is being uploaded right now and should be available in 10 minutes.

NOTICE: If you have vehicles that are parked on top of each other (i.e. on parking lots) you need to close and re-open them in order to reset the parking lot. It should then function properly from that point on! If you don’t do this, vehicles will continue to park on-top of each other.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.6-4

Improvement

• [ACEO-9589] - Minor visual improvements for service trucks interacting with baggage bays
  • [ACEO-9591] - Ramp agents (dummy) should not occupy parked vehicles not performing a job task
  • [ACEO-9597] - Door built near stand gate entrances open and close automatically during deboarding
  • [ACEO-9607] - Various UI performance improvements

Bug

• [ACEO-8712] - Incorrect loaded baggage counter can display more baggage loaded than offloaded from aircraft
  • [ACEO-9007] - "New flights" notification appears when there are no new flights
  • [ACEO-9246] - Notification not being displayed if a bag was routed to the wrong destination
  • [ACEO-9519] - Baggage counter not displaying correct amount of baggage in conveyor belt system
  • [ACEO-9527] - Service truck can get stuck in a loop when offloading baggage at baggage bay
  • [ACEO-9536] - Vehicles can in certain instances overlap at parking objects
  • [ACEO-9572] - Arriving baggage sometimes get left on stand
  • [ACEO-9574] - Too few baggage unloaded from an aircraft when using stand assigned service truck and belt loader
  • [ACEO-9583] - Trees don't render on load
  • [ACEO-9590] - Vehicles with abandoned loaded cargo on trailers do not clear these when parking after performing a job task
  • [ACEO-9594] - Passengers do not update material correctly when walking to aircraft boarding point on stand
7 Likes

great the overlapping fixed however when i turn off and on parking - the parked trucks suddenly went to depot - i had to reassign them again

1 Like

Yes, that’s expected, when you disable a prking object that is assgined they do not consider it available anymore and clear it as their assigned parking object.

Thanks again for the update guys, again good improvements!
FPS is fluctuating a bit on the Mac between being zoomed in (around 100 FPS) or zoomed out (around 50 FPS). Is that the same on a Windows system?

Some small things:

• [ACEO-9590] - Vehicles with abandoned loaded cargo on trailers do not clear these when parking after performing a job task

This works indeed, as service trucks with baggage still on them driving into a parking lot will loose the baggage when parked. But why is there still baggage on the cart, shouldn’t that be in the plane or on the baggage belt to be delivered to PAX?

• [ACEO-8712 ] - Incorrect loaded baggage counter can display more baggage loaded than offloaded from aircraft

AFAIK there has always been a difference between the baggage arriving amount and departure amount (which is logical). Now the departure amount is set to the exact same number as the arriving amount, as ACEO-8712 also states, but I think that results in either too less baggage to be offered to the plane, or baggage ending up on service carts (see former point) as there is more baggage checked in than accepted in the plane.

Ramp agents have some super powers and can just walk on anything they want :joy:

No, this seems to be entirely located to macOS machines, we’re aware (as you know) of the random 2 AM FPS drops as well but have yet to find a cause. I’m suspecting some sort of shader issue when environment objects are altered but I’m not sure. Investigations are ongoing.

Agreed, this has been fixed now.

For some reason that baggage has not been offloaded, most likely it is caused by some former null reference or other operational issue leading to baggage from a previous flight remaining on belt trucks. In ACEO we have a one to one relationship on all simulated agents, meaning that the baggage you see in the game actually is going somewhere, so when the ramp agents offload baggage they always do checks to see if the baggage they’re trying to take belongs to the flight they’re loading for.

So, I expect a save from before Alpha 29.6-4 to have old baggage loaded on some carts, but it shouldn’t happen more than once. Do you get remaining baggage on carts from new flights in Alpha 29.6-4? If so I want too look at that save.

Hmm… do you have a bug number for me??? Not allowed… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like