Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

Have not looked at it in a later stage, will see if it happens again and then report.

Edit: Have seen it once directly after loading the game, but have it running for 1 in game day and have not seen service trucks with baggage in the parking lot anymore

Not filed a bug report, but it’s the same save game as [ACEO-9552], that counts for all mentioned issues.

Edit: The following vehicles park on top of each other on stands:
Stairway truck
Belt loader truck

All other vehicles act as expected and park only one vehicle and the others keep driving around till the spot is free again (very funny to see).
Other fun fact, the stairway and belt loader truck stack up to 3 trucks and after that every other truck that has been assigned to that stand will not enter the spot and drive around as well. So apparently 3 is the magic nr and after that the pile is too high :grin: (ACEO-9624)

Edit 2: @Olof: What is calculating the baggage in the lower bar? To me that should be the total amount of baggage in the baggage system at that moment, so arriving and departing baggage. Not the baggage that is on the service cars or in the planes. Now it is unclear as I see a 0 in the counter, but there is still baggage being handled, or I see 15 when there is much more baggage being handled as you can see on the picture there is more than 15 in the system (at least 24):

1 Like

Cars still go on top of each other on the parks @Olof

Did you close and re-open the parking lot?

Just noticed a time issue bug - bottom left says Monday day 1 year1, but I’ve been playing for a while now and it’s Thursday in flight planner.
Not sure if this is known? Bug aceo- 9626

One update for every day of the week! Now that’s a new record for sure…

There will most likely also be a very minor update tomorrow too. All in all, the current experimental version is way more stable than the default version and so we will most likely push for a default merge if no critical issues arise with the current experimental one.

Today’s change log:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.6-5

Improvement

• [ACEO-9620] - Removed name and e-mail input for issue reporting form due to low usage from a development perspective

Bug

• [ACEO-8613] - BAe 146 model name incorrectly displayed
  • [ACEO-9006] - Flights offered but not assigned are lost when reloading
  • [ACEO-9287] - The "always send away" function in flight planner doesn't always work
  • [ACEO-9576] - Stand assigned fuel trucks can get stuck in a behavioral loop when attempting to refuel
  • [ACEO-9611] - Aircraft can on rare occasions get stuck on other side of map
  • [ACEO-9612] - Stand assigned stair trucks do not return to assigned parking space
  • [ACEO-9618] - Flights allocated over midnight does not display on next day in flight planner
  • [ACEO-9619] - Turnaround process monitor show loaded and unloaded baggage as same
8 Likes

How do we know from the change log it’s a default update pushed or for the experimental branch ? Sorry if I missed it

@Olof, does the fix for 9576 also include why JetA1 trucks loop trying to park when assigned to small commercial stands?

Bug reporting tool just reports a failure when trying to report bugs, is it just me?

This mostly happens when Olof pushes an update while you are gaming, then you have a version mismatch, reload your game and resubmit the bug.

Hi,
1] I don’t know this is the bug or feature, but now on the remote stands, planes wait exactly this same amount of time, like on regular spots - 4h. Earlier time was little longer, and now, on big airport, I have always delay on boarding.

2] When i set big service truck to stands, some cars have one trailer, some have more trailers. Its OK, but sometimes, car with one trailer , cannot take all baggage, and must run twice. maybe, we can manually set number of trailers.

3] On big airports, i have always delay on boarding. When boarding starts, airports stuff going to gate from another end of airport, and it take long amount of time. So, can we make in future set worker to gate (and check in, etc.)? or can we start boarding little earlier (0,5h)?

4 Likes

Yes! I find it so annoying when all my gates in the far side of my airport are delayed due to late airport staff.

1 Like

When I have to remove security checkpoints (misclick, remodeling terminal, etc) It removes the secure zoning along with it. Not sure if it’s intended, but sorta annoying to have to rezone afterwards

1 Like

Starting a new game, lets find out what happened with this great game.

First thing, an empty map, takes huge CPU immediately, why?

Also, my FPS is all over the place.

In Full screen, in windowed mode, with and without Vsync, it keeps being erratic.

Why is the “employees” button ending up in a tab called “staff”?

Staff type filter is not persistent between Staff and Applicants tab

Because there’s also a tab called “the board” or “management” (can’t remember exactly)

I get you, but should the main tab not be “employees” too? the other ones are already labeled staff and board.

Morning! Let’s not break the update frequency now that we are on a run. :slight_smile: Just kidding, hopefully the last one before we transfer to default.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.6-6

Bug

• [ACEO-9626] - Time and statistics doesn't update on load
  • [ACEO-9638] - Remote flights doesn't get a longer turnaround time
  • [ACEO-9642] - Opening baggage bay panel causes it to get stuck on screen
4 Likes

I assumed that the the high CPU usage was related to the number of calculations, but i noticed it being high on an empty map, i also assumed it would drop when the game was paused, but it doesnt.

1 Like
  • [ACEO-9638 ] - Remote flights doesn’t get a longer turnaround time

With slowed down time and stand assigned vehicles, wouldn’t longer remote stand time become unnecessary?

I have the same problems with the CPU!
Almost unplayable on my MacBook Pro at the moment.
My mac sounds like a jumbojet (its not the game, its the fan) :frowning:

4 Likes

Don’t you still need to account for time spent bussing staff and passengers to the remote stand?

I think it’s worth a look and to report back, let’s see if the changes still help.