Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

With this extra 45 mins, I think, I am finally able to get remote stands turned around in time, and the bus stands aren’t far and all equipment but fuel, staff car and pushback are assigned to stands.

My iMac sounds like that too on occasion. Different releases seem to give differing amounts of fan needed I have noted though. There’s also a Mac only (we think) performance issue that happens on day two, 2am.

1 Like

My PC just returned from Paris, luckily a short flying time.

Don’t you still need to account for time spent bussing staff and passengers to the remote stand?

I think it’s worth a look and to report back, let’s see if the changes still help.

With this extra 45 mins, I think, I am finally able to get remote stands turned around in time, and the bus stands aren’t far and all equipment but fuel, staff car and pushback are assigned to stands.

It is also related with airport layout but when slow in game time was introduced, I tested it and I gained extra 1 hour on medium stands. So it took 3 hours to fully return airplane. Meanwhile there wasn’t stand assigned vehicles so all vehicles had to travel from depot to stand.

But you are right, some tests can be done and the results can be examined by devs.

Filed an issue on this - 9666.

I can’t assign vehicles to stands in my new airport, and it’s sharply affecting my productivity…

Since we can assign fuel trucks to stands: maybe this could be used to solve another thing.

i tould be great if we could assign certain fuel trucks to certrain stand classes or stand groups.

Like, assign a small fuel truck i bougth to only small stands or even to a certain group of small stands or maybe a group of mixed stands (the perticular stands could be assigned to groups over a different menu/function)

1 Like

On my windows (which however is a beast) I’m not noticing anything on an empty map, on a small to large airport the CPU load is expected. I’d recommend to file a bug if it’s acting haywire and we’ll check if it’s hardware related.

Also running tests on our macOS machine, I know that there are some performance drawbacks with the OpenGL library for mac with out new environment shaders but with the tree shader fix you should have somewhat improved performance. Are you running a very large airport?

Looking into this now. Also the day won’t update problem.

Will probably be implemented for the next experimental cycle (i.e. after we’ve pushed to the default branch).

1 Like

Loaded the save and was able to assign vehicles with no issues.

Here’s me with another hot fix! Looking at the backlog and what bugs we’re getting for the current default version, it is very likely that this version will be transitioned to the default branch later tonight or early tomorrow.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.6-7

Improvement

• [ACEO-9685] - Disable ability to assign pushback truck, belt loader or stair truck to small aircraft stands

Bug

• [ACEO-9538] - Small Jet A1 fuel truck gets stuck in loop when attempting to park at assigned small stand
  • [ACEO-9674] - Missing null reference for passengers can stall movement when attempting to switch queueabe desk
  • [ACEO-9675] - Day and year text does not update correctly when date changes
  • [ACEO-9676] - Console command "set time" returns incorrect format error
  • [ACEO-9683] - Service vehicles do not exit job task objects correctly due to a too early job task completion check
8 Likes

No lag when opening the vehicle panel? (that’s what I mean by I can’t assign vehicles, because the panel lag makes it l i t e r a l l y u n u s e a b l e)

Are you sure you are on the newest experimental version 29.6-7?

1 Like

Hi Olof, any update when it will be released to default branch?

Also where do I submit suggestions? Which may help.

2 Likes

You can post your ideas here: https://forum.apoglabs.com/c/ideas

1 Like

There was a bug in a previous version that caused the FPS to drop, as @Admigo said are you on the latest -7 version?

If so, have you filed a bug report? Sounds like either something is not executing properly or that this is a specific problem tied to your graphics card. Either way we’d like to look at it! :slight_smile:

Analyzing the back log now, most likely soon or this afternoon.

Edit: Only pattern I’m seeing is an issue with spawning GA aircraft following the tutorial. We’ll investigate this and deploy an update if there’s a problem, this update will most likely then immediately go to the default branch.

We found a minor issue with GA now spawning correctly as reported. This has now been fixed and deployed with Alpha 29.6-8. This version will now immediately go to the default branch. I will update the full default change log below once the merge is complete! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.6-8

Bug

• [ACEO-9691] - General Aviation doesn't spawn correctly
  • [ACEO-9701] - Vehicle panel camera disabled due to large performance drop on some graphics card
8 Likes

Looks like it’s fixed in 29.8 (just got to my PC to test), thanks anyway!

Still present in 29.8. after some prolonged use of the vehicles screen. It seems to happen when vehicles are out on the roads, perhaps something to do with the moving camera on vehicles?

Bug number 9666.

Guys I just send an important bug report. ACEO9701.

When you open vehicle menu, game FPS drops from 60 to 5. It repeats itself everytime I open vehicle menu and the only solution is reloading save.

3 Likes

Ok, I see the issue. It seem to be related to the graphics card type. It works from my computer but we have difference graphics cards. Unfortunately, the only real viable solution at this point is to disable the feature. The current version (Alpha 29.6-8) will be updated with the fix.

5 Likes

Alpha 29.6-8 has been deployed to the default branch! Here’s the full change log from Alpha 29.4 until now.

Tomorrow the new hire starts and we will spend the day moving offices. We’re merging our branches correctly now ( :stuck_out_tongue: … ) so that we’ll be able to support issues arising on the default branch while working on the next iteration of the experimental branch (Alpha 30!). Next up in terms of bug fixes for the next week is a serious look at remote stands and stranded employees and passengers. As for features for Alpha 30, we’ll be working on multi-floor and catering turnaround services. No dev blog since we have so much to do but we’ll continue to post here!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.6-8

Improvement

• [ACEO-9066] - Automatic path validation between check-in, baggage bay and baggage claim area
  • [ACEO-9311] - Auto scheduler now runs in a separate thread and will plan automatically in the background to prevent lag spikes
  • [ACEO-9372] - Increased generic object panel size by 10 percent
  • [ACEO-9391] - Jetblast effect increases by throttle
  • [ACEO-9474] - Transitioned vehicle depot and parking lot buttons from "aircraft infrastructure" menu to "infrastructure and transportation" menu in build panel
  • [ACEO-9478] - Added a page system to employee panel to prevent lag when display multiple employee containers
  • [ACEO-9485] - Generic incremental naming method for all non-drag placeable objects
  • [ACEO-9514] - Added paging system to vehicles panel
  • [ACEO-9589] - Minor visual improvements for service trucks interacting with baggage bays
  • [ACEO-9591] - Ramp agents (dummy) should not occupy parked vehicles not performing a job task
  • [ACEO-9597] - Door built near stand gate entrances open and close automatically during deboarding
  • [ACEO-9607] - Various UI performance improvements
  • [ACEO-9620] - Removed name and e-mail input for issue reporting form due to low usage from a development perspective
  • [ACEO-9685] - Disable ability to assign pushback truck, belt loader or stair truck to small aircraft stands

New Feature

• [ACEO-5268] - Stand assigned service vehicles
  • [ACEO-9362] - New (generic) vehicle panel
  • [ACEO-9363] - Small service vehicle parking lot
  • [ACEO-9517] - Replaced vehicle sprites in service vehicle containers in vehicle panel with cameras overlooking active vehicles

Bug

• [ACEO-7227] - Vehicle depot UI displayment inconcistencies
  • [ACEO-7228] - Missing filtering options for several vehicles on vehicle panel
  • [ACEO-8552] - Attempting to pre-color objects using right click in build menu can cause UI to thrown uncaught null reference exception
  • [ACEO-8610] - Number of active flights in flight planner gets set to zero on load
  • [ACEO-8613] - BAe 146 model name incorrectly displayed
  • [ACEO-8642] - Rare null reference issue can cause franchise employees to get stuck
  • [ACEO-8677] - Clock and measurement setting do not save
  • [ACEO-8705] - Auto scheduler can sometimes assign a medium aircraft to a small stand
  • [ACEO-8712] - Incorrect loaded baggage counter can display more baggage loaded than offloaded from aircraft
  • [ACEO-8731] - Baggage can get stuck on belt loader
  • [ACEO-8747] - Baggage sometimes do not divert correctly on tilt trays
  • [ACEO-8816] - Passengers can get stuck at boarding desk halfway through boarding
  • [ACEO-8848] - Service trucks can in rare instances get stuck in a behavior loop while parking at stands
  • [ACEO-8881] - Spelling mistake on baggage bay information panel
  • [ACEO-8889] - Rescheduling a flight causes it to disappear
  • [ACEO-8916] - Baggage claim areas sometimes do not connect properly with baggage bays
  • [ACEO-8958] - Not possible to zone 1x1 Staff Zone
  • [ACEO-9003] - Passengers can in some occasions not correctly assume claiming their baggage when it has arrived to a baggage claim area
  • [ACEO-9006] - Flights offered but not assigned are lost when reloading
  • [ACEO-9007] - "New flights" notification appears when there are no new flights
  • [ACEO-9026] - Removal of an unassociated world notification icon can in some cases generate an uncaught null reference exception
  • [ACEO-9027] - Hiding a game setting panel can in rare instances thrown an uncaught null reference exception
  • [ACEO-9028] - Placing a shelf in an already existing shop can in rare cases, when no product is able to be generated, can throw an uncaught null reference exception
  • [ACEO-9029] - Missing null reference check in world notification hover system check can cause hover display for world notifications to stop displaying
  • [ACEO-9030] - Rare null ref causing pax to get stuck in security queues
  • [ACEO-9031] - Attempting to update flight slot container time values for either a removed flight or for a flight with a removed stand can throw an uncaught null reference exception
  • [ACEO-9032] - Missing null reference exception check when adjusting vehicle speed to vehicle in front can cause vehicles to stall
  • [ACEO-9033] - Spelling mistake on build button for boarding desk
  • [ACEO-9034] - Incorrectly assigned variables for transit stuctures (bus stops, car stops) can cause transportation vehicles to stall when checking parking availability
  • [ACEO-9044] - Boarding can stop if using two boarding desks and only one is operated
  • [ACEO-9059] - Baggage belt rotations not consistent
  • [ACEO-9087] - Bags belonging to flights that have been removed from the world can throw a null reference exception when attempting to fetch a baggage claim are destination node
  • [ACEO-9093] - CEO executive employee avatar spawns multiple times
  • [ACEO-9097] - Bugged debug displacement method can cause persons to de-spawn at Vector3.zero (lower bottom of map) resulting in stuck passengers
  • [ACEO-9102] - Passengers with a missing flight can throw an uncaught null reference exception when attempting to fetch a preferred desk
  • [ACEO-9104] - Missing null reference check when deserializing flights to aircraft can cause non-taxiway pathed aircraft movement and other strang behavior
  • [ACEO-9107] - Missing null reference check on occupied node when passengers exit a dynamic queueing mode can cause them to stall
  • [ACEO-9108] - Incorrect colorable sprite for small infromation desk
  • [ACEO-9114] - Bugged debug displacement method does not take person secure status into account and can cause passengers deboarding from remote stands to get stuck
  • [ACEO-9167] - Baggage claim can become deactivated on load
  • [ACEO-9172] - Typo in demolish tool
  • [ACEO-9174] - Runway set to "departure only" does not always connect to stands properly
  • [ACEO-9229] - Exception in aircraft de-serialization causes vehicles and staff to disappear
  • [ACEO-9235] - Funds text set to $NAN when trying to build a room
  • [ACEO-9239] - Uncaught null reference exception when assigning job tasks to a vehicle agent using legacy property can cause all job task dispatchment to stop
  • [ACEO-9240] - Room names and descriptions missing in build menu
  • [ACEO-9246] - Notification not being displayed if a bag was routed to the wrong destination
  • [ACEO-9248] - Missing null reference check for flight can cause service car to stall when deboarding employees
  • [ACEO-9253] - Legacy position property used for vehicle agents can throw uncaught null reference exception and cause stall
  • [ACEO-9263] - Minor spelling mistakes in tool tip text
  • [ACEO-9287] - The "always send away" function in flight planner doesn't always work
  • [ACEO-9298] - Incorrect flight number on arriving passengers boarding tag
  • [ACEO-9313] - Spelling mistakes in procurement descriptions
  • [ACEO-9315] - Edge scroll doesn't always work when trying to scroll upwards
  • [ACEO-9329] - Disabling middle mouse panning doesn't work or save the setting
  • [ACEO-9330] - Aviation fuel supply truck deliveries can cancel itself when crossing road check-in causing the truck to leave the airport
  • [ACEO-9333] - Sold service vehicles do not remove self from job task availability list correctly causing job task dispatchment system to break down
  • [ACEO-9359] - Missing null reference check on queueable desk when dynamically queueing can cause person movement to stop
  • [ACEO-9365] - Fired employees do not remove self from job task availability list correctly causing job task dispatchment system to break down
  • [ACEO-9401] - Service vehicle assignment dropdowns do not close properly when focusing on other UI elements
  • [ACEO-9433] - Missing null reference check on spawning of job task related trailers can cause assigned service vehicles to get stuck in a loop
  • [ACEO-9459] - Missing null reference check for job task objects with assigned vehicles can cause the job task dispatchment system to stall
  • [ACEO-9475] - Vehicle lights do not enable properly after unparking at night
  • [ACEO-9476] - Stair truck top visible when parking at vehicle depot
  • [ACEO-9491] - Vehicles assigned to non-stand parking object sometimes cannot execute job tasks properly
  • [ACEO-9501] - Unable to switch back to tutorial from glossary
  • [ACEO-9508] - Baggage doesn't get dropped directly on check-in belt causes it to enter nearby underground belt
  • [ACEO-9519] - Baggage counter not displaying correct amount of baggage in conveyor belt system
  • [ACEO-9527] - Service truck can get stuck in a loop when offloading baggage at baggage bay
  • [ACEO-9536] - Vehicles can in certain instances overlap at parking objects
  • [ACEO-9538] - Small Jet A1 fuel truck gets stuck in loop when attempting to park at assigned small stand
  • [ACEO-9539] - Rooms not renameable
  • [ACEO-9544] - Job task statistics incorrectly label certain job tasks as available causing inaccurate shortage warnings
  • [ACEO-9547] - Tutorial and procurement requirements not updated to consider parking lots as available parking objects
  • [ACEO-9548] - Service trucks can stall when loading into a save with service trucks parked at a baggage bay
  • [ACEO-9552] - Vehicle panel container cameras do not work on macOS
  • [ACEO-9553] - Baggage offloaded on baggage bay can sometimes not initiate movement to baggage claim area
  • [ACEO-9557] - Excessive amount of batches due to incorrect vegetation materials causes negative performance impact when zoomed out
  • [ACEO-9560] - Incorrect pixel perfect settings and canvas activation state on UI panel cause performance degradation
  • [ACEO-9572] - Arriving baggage sometimes get left on stand
  • [ACEO-9574] - Too few baggage unloaded from an aircraft when using stand assigned service truck and belt loader
  • [ACEO-9576] - Stand assigned fuel trucks can get stuck in a behavioral loop when attempting to refuel
  • [ACEO-9583] - Trees don't render on load
  • [ACEO-9590] - Vehicles with abandoned loaded cargo on trailers do not clear these when parking after performing a job task
  • [ACEO-9594] - Passengers do not update material correctly when walking to aircraft boarding point on stand
  • [ACEO-9611] - Aircraft can on rare occasions get stuck on other side of map
  • [ACEO-9612] - Stand assigned stair trucks do not return to assigned parking space
  • [ACEO-9618] - Flights allocated over midnight does not display on next day in flight planner
  • [ACEO-9619] - Turnaround process monitor show loaded and unloaded baggage as same
  • [ACEO-9626] - Time and statistics doesn't update on load
  • [ACEO-9638] - Remote flights doesn't get a longer turnaround time
  • [ACEO-9642] - Opening baggage bay panel causes it to get stuck on screen
  • [ACEO-9674] - Missing null reference for passengers can stall movement when attempting to switch queueabe desk
  • [ACEO-9675] - Day and year text does not update correctly when date changes
  • [ACEO-9676] - Console command "set time" returns incorrect format error
  • [ACEO-9683] - Service vehicles do not exit job task objects correctly due to a too early job task completion check
  • [ACEO-9691] - General Aviation doesn't spawn correctly
  • [ACEO-9701] - Vehicle panel camera disabled due to large performance drop on some graphics card
6 Likes

CPU still a 100% on load, unplayable airport - 9709