Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

I’ve checked it, I’ve added a few behavioral changes that will clear them out after 120 in-game minutes, there are also new ATC changes that will help to mitigate this issue in the future. Next update should have you operate better with this build.

Also solved a few exceptions I found in this save, so that was good! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Olof - Hey shuttle bus stuck still has not been solved although the fix. reported a new bug ACEO-10305 (Continue of the ACEO-10135 bug).

Glad to hear that, thank you!

1 Like

Alpha 29.10-0 is now on its way up. Got a few good ones in this including new aircraft taxiway path occupation system, a bunch of important bug fixes including agent destroying, remote stand stuff and others. Again, @Alexander blesses us with a few new assets to make your food room even purdier… (screen shot is from a closed room)

Did not have time to properly check the construction simulation material bug, however did a last minute small test fix that isn’t mentioned in the log that might solve it. We’ll see tomorrow, if all looks okay within a few hours this will go straight to the default branch as per usual.

Change log here:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.10-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-10072] - Adapted ATC rules to ensure that the latest commercial flight get landing priority over new commercial flights and GA
  • [ACEO-10336] - Enable ramp agents and service cars waiting for transfer action completion to abort if stalled

New Feature

Bug

• [ACEO-9435] - Aircraft taxiway occupation waiting is excessive causing delays
  • [ACEO-10183] - Incorrect destroy method for removed agents can cause baggage loading and unloading issues
  • [ACEO-10235] - Contractor bus dispatchment can get stuck in a loop when contractors try to leave a world via secondly built contractor offload site
  • [ACEO-10241] - Persons attempt to interact with closed rooms
  • [ACEO-10315] - Uncaught rare exception in ATC when spawning flights can cause flight arrival to stall
  • [ACEO-10332] - Uncaught null reference exception when attempting to fetch secutiy check-point for a flight that does not exist can stall passenger
  • [ACEO-10342] - Environment ground textures do not blend correctly
  • [ACEO-10346] - Unloading baggage count gets set as zero when service truck park
  • [ACEO-10348] - Uncaught exception in service vehicle flight status check can cause vehicle movement to stall
  • [ACEO-10351] - Flight planner scheduled day 1 causes exception with DateTime counting
19 Likes

Ok, I am officially begging. Will do almost anything short of fork over a small fortune.

Bug 10391. I have reported and mentioned these issues on here, but I guess I am one of the few to have these issues as no one chimes in.

ISSUE 1: Small check-in desks - staff seem to take almost twice as long to show up to begin the boarding process. I have a regular boarding desk right next to it, and those flights never pose an issue. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just promise me you will see if it is the dispatching processes, or maybe its related to this specific desk size. I am going crazy. What’s worse, you cannot delete and replace with a regular boarding desk without cancelling all the flight associated, which upsets the airline rating.

ISSUE 2: AIRPORT STAFF WHO JUST FINISH BOARDING A FLIGHT WILL 99% OF THE TIME WALK RIGHT PAST A STAFF ROOM IN THE SECURE AREA (USUALLY RIGHT ACROSS FROM THEIR BOARDING DESK) AND SPEND SEVERAL GAME HOURS TO GO TO THE FARTHEST STAFF ROOM AWAY FROM THEIR INITIAL POSITION, WHICH IS ALSO OUTSIDE OF SECURITY. THE WORST PART OF THIS IS, FOR BOARDING EVERY SINGLE STAFF MEMEBER ASSIGNED TO A BOARDING DESK ORIGINATES PRE-SECURITY PROBABLY BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THEM LEAVE THE SECURE ZONE AFTER BOARDING.

Yes the caps are intentional, as I am usually very patient, but feel ignored at this point. (This has to be my third/fourth time patiently reporting) I humbly request that this please be looked into. I love the game, it’s one of my few reprieves. :sob: I swear, no malice in this post. I just wish to be taken as seriously as some of the other posts I see…

Don’t worry, job task agent behavior is one of the points that will be looked at tomorrow, including job fetching (prioritize closest job), being able to abort a current movement if a new job task is assigned and staff room fetching. Can’t promise all of them will be fixed as some are more complex than others, but that’s what we’ll look at tomorrow! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ver 29.10
Everything worked well, at fast speed watched the airport for a long time without interfering, when suddenly shuttle stopped boarding to aircraft.
Boarding only 39 pax of 157
I dismissed aircraft, but shuttle was stuck at this stand

bug 10399

1 Like

10408 - Loads of PAX piling up on my airport.

PAX are not arriving and are not being picked up by busses or cars (ACEO-10410). S&R spawned a lot of busses and cars but they were just driving around and left again (probably were still in some DB table, but as the planes are gone already they probably turned around again). After that new busses and cars came in and delivered PAX again, but for now they just idle on the busstops.

I reported something like this before, I could solve it by resetting road nodes then. Dont know if you tried.

1 Like

Yups, tried that as well, no result.

It’s still a bit of a mess after the S&R:

PAX arrive, get a boarding pass but security personnel seems to be on strike… If I close the security stations the personnel doesn’t do anything, same when I open them again. Personnel on boarding desks are also not replaced and service technicians are also on strike.

Update: The first S&R was by quitting to menu and reload the save game, now I did a quit to desktop, started ACEO again and reload the save game, now it seems all ok again.

One ‘funny’ note to add, after I completely reloaded the game, the small size boarding desks have been replaced by medium sized… :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy:

But they are still acting as small desks (note the PAX walking through the right side of the desk if it is not there and stacking up behind it as with a small desk but are manned by two airport staff as if it was a medium sized desk):

And if I click them for info they are still titled as small desks as well:

Reported ACEO-10411

Update 2: Running the airport for 3 in-game days and no delays yet, so all looks good for now :+1:

1 Like

would it be possible to have the option to add your own stop points on a taxiway? it seems planes stop very far away when there is another plane trying to enter the taxiway.
would be really awesome if we could make our own stop points.

If one plane is entering the main taxiway at " PLANE HERE" the plane at “OTHER PLANE HERE” is gonna wait almost until the other plane takes off, slowing down the airport a lot

4 Likes

I believe the one way designation nodes would be most fitting for this, as it can’t get planes stuck by having them face eachother. @Olof

1 Like

CRJ550 Has been announced :joy::ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m sure @Rubble could use the exact same parts as the CRJ700…

It might be, but it still wont fix this issue as i ahve teh runway entrance on the left set to enter only, and the one on the right to exit onlt, still happends.

just a “stop here” or something

61pmb

a bit like this mby?

1 Like

I confirm this

1 Like

I was only pointing out to implement your suggestion within the one way nodes system. Without the combination of both systems together, people would get planes stuck on taxi lanes that are used for 2way traffic, wich is the reason for the taxi node occupations.

Bug ACEO-10423 passengers are not being spread evenly at security checkpoints

very annoying getting this as well passengers group up in 1 Q when 3 others are empty causing flight delayed/ miss the flight. Can we get a close boarding button for Remote stands as when there is checking in delay dismissing remote stand aircraft leaves empty when in reality could leave with most passengers if only a few are stuck in long Que.