Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

Lol! - 10778 - When you close a stand with assigned vehicles, vehicles start running around like crazy.

I just tried to demolish a 10*26 terminal block (on speed 3x, lol, why again?) - but, the game is “not responding” atm :wink: - btw, I have disabled simulating building material and simulation for the big demolishing atm. It moved again later on.

On 1 speed, demolishing 10*24 has the same effect.

Why do you get money for deleting terminal blocks? same for deleting stands and taxiways?

How about a taxi-pathway on a service-road without a taxiway under it? - 10779

Deleting terminal blocks with active service-desks in them, will generate a warning that they cannot be demolished due to an active connection, when a stand is closed I dont see the reason behind that - 10780

Is there going to be a DevLog? I thought I did read something about it coming today if am not mistaken.

Alpha 29.10-6 on the way. :slight_smile: Devlog is planned for tonight!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.10-6

Improvement

• [ACEO-10698] - Passenger backpacks stowed below tables while seated
  • [ACEO-10770] - Consolidated several sprite sheets for aircraft

Bug

• [ACEO-9718] - Newly procured service trucks doesn't spawn trailers if they go directly to baggage bay
  • [ACEO-10421] - Warning lights on stair trucks are flashing when parked
  • [ACEO-10707] - Jetway not conecting to ATR42
  • [ACEO-10755] - Selling a vehicle doesn't refresh the vehicle list
  • [ACEO-10757] - Persons walk with legs below ground after displacement teleportation
  • [ACEO-10758] - Randomizing value of chair positioning and rotation adjusted
  • [ACEO-10761] - Food counters misaligned
  • [ACEO-10772] - Long loading times for environmental objects due to performance bug
7 Likes
  • [ACEO-10770 ] - Consolidated several sprite sheets for aircraft

Can someone please explain me, what this means? Thanks in advance. :grinning:

2 Likes

Sure, It was a bit hard to explain in only one line but we basically merged some textures by packing them tighter and utilizing existing empty space. Each texture file has a fixes memory size which your graphics card read. By packing them tighter we removed several textures completely from the game and therefore reducing the overall texture memory size. This will eventually increase performance but since our game is not particular graphics heavy, I suspect the impact will probably only be noticed on very low end devices.

Below is an example of a tightly packed texture sheet.

10 Likes

Bug 10803, had passengers stuck, idle, in a food room when they should have boarded.

1 Like

10804, all passengers and workers stuck

1 Like

Every time I reload, if the aircraft service was in the baggage loading (for the departure) it gets stuck upon reload thinking more is coming, causing delays.

One more thing. the page change buttons overlap the vehicle display, so you can’t click anything below it without triggering a page change.

2 Likes

Hey all, here’s tonight’s schedule:

We’ve just now switched 29.10-6 over to the default branch as it included a few critical fixes mentioned in the change log. Tonight we won’t deploy an experimental version, but an internal one as we’re ready to test the next generation of the delivery system (there’s also gonna be a new tool to test on that branch… :paintbrush:). So if anyone wants to join in on the internal branch just let me know via a direct message!

Here’s the change log for previous 29.10-4 to current 29.10-6:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.10-6

Improvement

• [ACEO-10651] - Runway cannot be opened if ATC tower is not built
  • [ACEO-10692] - Adjust employee job task object occupation cancellation threshold from 240 to 60 in-game minutes
  • [ACEO-10694] - Enable job task agents to remember a job task they recently failed to avoid immdeiate claim-fail loops
  • [ACEO-10698] - Passenger backpacks stowed below tables while seated
  • [ACEO-10703] - Floodlight poles visible through terrain
  • [ACEO-10710] - Hedge overlay text removed
  • [ACEO-10711] - Added slight random rotation on chairs
  • [ACEO-10712] - Slightly reduced size of medium quality chair sprite smaller
  • [ACEO-10770] - Consolidated several sprite sheets for aircraft

Bug

• [ACEO-9718] - Newly procured service trucks doesn't spawn trailers if they go directly to baggage bay
  • [ACEO-10421] - Warning lights on stair trucks are flashing when parked
  • [ACEO-10475] - Current queue point index mismatch can cause static queues to stall
  • [ACEO-10624] - Baggage left behind on airside bus stop
  • [ACEO-10668] - Uncaught null reference exception on order validation system can cause construction material not to be delivered
  • [ACEO-10689] - Invisible service truck can stuck at cargo bay causing baggage loading disruption
  • [ACEO-10697] - Passenger feet and leg visible on top of food counter top
  • [ACEO-10701] - Tutorial page not loading when using right tabs
  • [ACEO-10707] - Jetway not conecting to ATR42
  • [ACEO-10755] - Selling a vehicle doesn't refresh the vehicle list
  • [ACEO-10757] - Persons walk with legs below ground after displacement teleportation
  • [ACEO-10758] - Randomizing value of chair positioning and rotation adjusted
  • [ACEO-10761] - Food counters misaligned
  • [ACEO-10772] - Long loading times for environmental objects due to performance bug
6 Likes

BUG 10828 - Seems to be a problem delivering to loading bays when building runways and taxiways. Had it happen 3 times in separate games. Definitely an issue somewhere.

You mean construction material? That’s exactly what’s gonna get tested tonight with a new system! :slight_smile:

@Olof
In my opinion those parked planes are not really realistic. Can this be improved?

I do find my brain go a bit batty when I look at the airplane line and find them planes to be at all sorts of weird angles… they should be all perfectly in alignment in my eyes, but alas… I make the path into the stand quite short, so there’s no room for the plane angles to correct… unless they never do anyway.

Haha yeah sorry that’s what I mean. The materials don’t seem to want to be delivered. Not sure what’s causing it, twice happened whilst building Papi lights and another was the ATC tower. After that nothing got delivered

1 Like

Shit code is what’s causing it to happen, that will not be the case with the new system… :stuck_out_tongue: - will also remove the huge lag issue when material was being delivered when you had a lot of stuff to be built.

1 Like

Lol okay. When’s the next system due to be uploaded?

Is it a known bug that people choose nearest security instead of security with no queue? I have 24 medium

checkpoints, most are empty, 3 have huge queues… photo of my screen… check in is to the left of photo…
I cant submit a bug report as computer currently off internet. But will do when I’m back on. (Running 29.10.6 on exp.) Thanks.

2 Likes

Same thing seems to happen with restaurant selection - vast majority pick closest.

1 Like

That must be a model of plane i haven’t heard from? Never seen a plane with a tail like that. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes