Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

I’m getting a pretty noticeable hang-up every 58 minute. I assume it’s doing some background stuff for the new “fiscal hour” coming up, but it’s way more noticeable after this big update.

3 Likes

Do you have autoschedule turned on?

@dewitjur Yes

This is a bug from way back, and they claimed it was fixed. I think it was actually in one build but has returned ever since. Something to do with processing stuff for the income statement or something.

Then i believe it is your autosvheduler scheduling flights. I have a huge terminal myself so i can relate to having low performance, and everytime i schedule a flight on top of it, the game freezes a little bit

It seems that I have some baggage refusing to leave the baggage bay:

F10 → unoccupy conveyor belt nodes also does nothing.

Also, I seem to be having issues with passengers stuck in queueing for food/shops that they “forget” to check in/clear security/board their flights.

1 Like

For this happenes when the Autosave kicks in.

Getting passengers stuck at security and franchises meeting sales however getting notifications contact was not completed in time no bonus received

Any suggestions on this one ? Or can it be because I made the pathfinding for the planes to difficult with one way taxiways ? Or build only runways in same direction, all horizontal or vertical…

Not a direct solution, but I like to create “queuing” space before an exit ramp. So, create a i.e. 50 block queue before the exit ramp, so, queues do not interfere with traffic.

Try removing all one way paths and then putting them down again. I have a feeling that at least one of the planes is trying to get to a stand but is locked in by the one way paths.

1 Like

We’re back for the week with another update later tonight, targeting the core issues you’ve reported primarily focusing on the still randomly freezing passengers which we’ve now found the root cause of (I hope…).

Will update here once the new update goes live! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

5 Likes

I reported a bug ACEO-8199 but it is not on the board yet and it is already 8286 (last bug report).

Bug’s don’t automatically get listed. As it’s an open platform the Dev’s will moderate any bug reports first. So don’t worry if you don’t see your bug reports there straight away. That’s just how they roll.

3 Likes

Alpha 29.3-3 is on it’s way up now. Only a few fixes included in this update today as they were annoying and nasty. Should be rid of freezing passengers now though.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 29.3-3

Bug

• [ACEO-8195] - All persons can at random instances freeze due to uncaught null reference exception when incorrectly returning a person to the agent pool
  • [ACEO-8375] - Arrival baggage can get stuck on baggage bay when attempting to depart towards baggage claim
  • [ACEO-8384] - Baggage can get stuck at conveyor belt corners
  • [ACEO-8427] - Baggage bay can spawn error message(s) on load
7 Likes

Did you already make a task for security to remove “lost” baggage on airports. It seems like a task that is not logically needed. But it would help clean up after a lot of bugs :stuck_out_tongue: and exceptions. So a bug report with a lot of “clean-up” tasks for baggage could be an indicator of a bug.

2 Likes

Loaded a save with 29.3-3 - now all persons (staff AND passengers) are gone?

Most likely a deserialization issue, was the save saved with an Alpha 29 version or is the save from an older version?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue @Olof even with old saves and new saves saved in the current version. Submitting bug report, ACEO-8450