Airport CEO Alpha 30 released

That was why I wondered about it, yes.

There is no bin(trashcan) in the build menu at the beginning of the game before you have procured shops. The only way to get it is to search for it (if you do search for it you get 2 identical trashcan icons)

2 Likes

Helloooo! Are you still here guys? Are we still playing this game? :slight_smile:

Yes of course :slight_smile: , but as has been stated multiple times we are currently focusing a very large portion of the development efforts into new development! You can always see in real time what we are working on here: Trello

Dev Blog tonight?

Nope :frowning: See

1 Like

It would be nice to see the same done with a copy of the game updates, sonwe can easely scroll through thebchangesnmadenas well without the discussion that comes in these threads (but still keep this discussion thread as well)

1 Like

@Olof Are you guys using any of the new automation features they added to Trello??!! :smiley::smiley: They look super fun!

I wish someday Airport CEO will be in 3D :star_struck:

I wish someday Airport CEO will be in 3D :star_struck:

I wish not. The beauty of AirportCEO is grid system and being 2D while details give 3D feeling.

6 Likes

Actually, i would wish a 3d plan to navigate between floors and build them correctly.
IMO, the game is way easier to play in 2D than in 3D if you want to build large airport. However, I also think it would be a mess to not have a tilted plan (like 45° with a fixed camera). I really hope the multiple floor will allow us to have more than just 1 extra floor but, in the futur, build 3-4 floors (for instance, the airport in Geneva has 5 floors if we take in account all all the rooms from the parking lot, train station, stores outside the secured aera and the terminal). The risk to make a mistake or have a bad view on the whole will be hard without a tilted camera. Airport CEO should be able to get this feature since the 3d models looks to be in 3d and a tilted camera is fixed at a certain angle, thus the game is still in 2D and not in 3D.

1 Like

How about a building mode which uses top-down 3D/2D, then if you’re finished it will revert back to full 3D?

1 Like

I would say the game is already in 3D. If you zoom in and move the camera you will see each object showing a different side depending on its position on your screen. I am not sure if this is the case all objects (especially for older ones) but new objects are def designed in 3D.

From what i knew, the in-game models were a top-down sprites (?) of the 3D models made by Jettuh. So, ACEO is a full 2D utilizing 3D ‘hacks’ :wink:

Anyway, isn’t this discussion unrelated to Alpha 30 as a whole?

1 Like

Lol, when Railroad Tycoon 3 turned out to be 3d, I never got used to the grid… never played it.

This happened in Anno 1404 in the most zoomed in view, then the game changed in a 3d view. All other zoom levels were 2d.

I have the same feeling, and I thought I had read somewhere that there were many more tracks to the soundtrack.(like 10 or so).
The tracks I do hear are just awesome. When I think about mixing a soundtrack for an airport tycoon my brain just goes: “Hell, how do I know. No damn clue what kind of music fits in an airport game.” But this soundtrack fits perfectly, great choice of music. What brings me back to the initial quote. I would like to hear more tracks like this. :pleading_face:

1 Like

also prison archieat had hidden 3D mode which is accessible via extras page on main page its turns in 3D from 2D - to revert back - same way to exit from 3D mode

30.1.9 change log?

:slight_smile:

Oh, sorry about that. Some miscommunication from our side. Here you go! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 30.1-9

Improvement

• [ACEO-12187] - New employee tool sprite added
  • [ACEO-12219] - Cost for expanding airport added to funds after completing the regional airport phase
  • [ACEO-12267] - Better exception logging for coroutine execution to uncover issue with ACEO-10338

Bug

• [ACEO-10955] - Bulldozing terminal foundation returns incorrect funds value
  • [ACEO-11780] - Medium stands are loaded as small on older saves
  • [ACEO-12050] - Various spelling mistakes in tutorial
4 Likes

Silence…

4 days from last release, no bug, no reply, no comments. Pretty boring days for devs, I believe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like