Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

Oh okay thanks :smiley:

same as elevator - so both stairs and elevator will be coming once all is stable

yeah, i wanna get people used to the escalator art style (since its tricky to make it go up and down in a 2D game).

once that settles and the game is stable, iā€™ll have a normal stairs ready

7 Likes

Devblog? Itā€™s already evening :crazy_face:

donā€™t forget swedish timeā€¦

2 Likes

20 MB savegame is too small. I just tried to submit a Bug Report ingame and the ZIPped savegame was larger than 20 MB. Per my Bug Report ACEO-13958, the limit should be at least 25 MB.

I cant build a control tower where my terminal was. I sent a bug report (ACEO-14086) but the screenshot is subpar, so iā€™m posting it here. Thereā€™s nothing on level 1, and only those 2 buildings at either side on level 0. Iā€™m trying to reproduce my hometownā€™s airport, which have the tower embedded within the terminal, but since this isnt possible, i deleted only a few foundation tiles to place the tower, andā€¦

1 Like

use the demolition tool or zone tool to remove some ā€œghostā€ blocks. I sometimes have this issue when I reload the game, planned demolitions sometimes disappear while terminal (or wall) is still there, but just invisible.

It has been fixed but has not been deployed yet. A new version is expected to be released layer today. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In my game I make small staff rooms for staff and ramp agent at all stands, close to boarding desk and close to exit to stands. They are supposed to go to the nearest but they cram all up in to one small staff room. I also get message that passenger canā€™t check in on every plane checking in. I have sent in bug reports on this.

2 Likes

In case one wonders, Stairs asset has been delivered and is now waiting for implementation.
Soon Iā€™ll hope to work on some elevators.

Gonna be interesting to see how we can build that while looking good in 2D

10 Likes

Never wouldā€™ve thought I would be so happy to see stairs :joy::ok_hand:t3: Anyways, ahhh ya! :heart_eyes: thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Alpha 31.3-1 caused FPS to drop to 6 FPS. I just changed my graphics setting from Fantastic to Good. Now 30-45 FPS and quicker response to mouse clicks. More enjoyable now.

Thereā€™s a particle system shader issue in Alpha 31.3-1 which will slash your FPS when the camera renders the Vector2.zero position (i.e. worldā€™s lower left corner). Will be fixed in this afternoonā€™s release.

Edit: Can also mention that thereā€™s a critical bug fix where ramp agents returning from a remote stand job stay at the service car stop. The cause of this will be fixed in the next release, but it will not fix already stuck ramp agents so I recommend you firing them.

3 Likes

Shouldnā€™t it be lower left? Or is the game constantly in the negative coordinates in unity?

1 Like

New version rolling out now as promised, Alpha 31.4-0, with the following fixes and improvements:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 31.4-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-14045] - Loading process now "self aware" and detects if problems occurr during loading, prompting user to submit a bug report
  • [ACEO-14094] - Terrain object (trees, rocks) shadows replaced with more efficient shader based solution

Bug

• [ACEO-11122] - Aircraft on approach appear under or at same level as taxiing aircraft
  • [ACEO-11567] - Fuel truck operation cost doesn't match cost in procurement
  • [ACEO-13511] - Ramp agents returning from remote stand service do not complete their job task and get stuck in a service car boarding loop
  • [ACEO-14017] - Incorrect calculated hourly operation cost on stands
  • [ACEO-14030] - Filtering contracts by type does not work
  • [ACEO-14034] - Bags counter broken
  • [ACEO-14038] - "Can not build below terminal" message appears even if terminal above demolished
  • [ACEO-14042] - Road tunnel visible through terminal
  • [ACEO-14052] - Gate number is not aligned in flight planner
  • [ACEO-14065] - Baggage sometimes visible on wrong floor
  • [ACEO-14068] - Selection sizes are incorrect
  • [ACEO-14074] - Language key for hazardous hauler vehicle variation (garbage truck) doesn't exist
  • [ACEO-14085] - Workers build objects on ground level from underground
  • [ACEO-14098] - Shop prouduct sprites under shelves
4 Likes

Thank you, iā€™ll download the latest alpha later tonight (UTC-5 here). Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Is 14074 supposed to be on experimental with the garbage trucks?

I think its a localisation thing would be my take.

1 Like

You deliver and then implement???