Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

@dellonia I have it as well. Especially, given that with the latest Alpha, my Security Staff simply stand around and don’t work (see my “The Bug That Will Not Die” thread).

So i did a quick try be separating the top side from the bottom side with walls (the terminal has the same shape, it is a vertical building spreading from north to south with medium plane stands on its east and west sides). As it can be seen in the picture bellow, PAX are still trying to enter from the same security doors and then just got stuck in the area after the security check while the amount of passenger at the airport instantly jumped from 6k to 14k

Correct, the internal and experimental version share the same code base but with disabled features, which is why this key leaked through (hazardous hauler as a sub type for delivery trucks, generating a garbage truck… :wink: ).

We are aware that some players are having an issue similar to that on some builds, and when something is set to “cannot duplicate” it means that we’ve tested the save but that the described behavior cannot be found on our builds and or local machines. To avoid having bugs piling up in the backlog we clear them about, but still track how the game engine is behaving in general and sooner or later we’ll get a bug report in where the behavior is reproducible and the issue can be solved. It seems to be very save and state specific, which is why not all saves experience the issue making it rare and more difficult to solve.

Correct! :wink:

Yes, there will be an overhaul to this which we’ll speak about in the next dev blog.

Stuck in vehicles? They should not be able to get stuck in vehicles. If they are I’d like you to make a bug report of it.

I agree, especially since there isn’t really any form of research tree… the current procurement system is as old as the game and hasn’t been trouched since launch. That will change and we have quite a few interesting ideas (we think) on how to move forward with a proper research feature…

Thank you! Yes, we think so too. We do recognize some of the frustrated posts in this topic in regards to trouble with making multi-floor work and will continue to make sure that those frustrations are solved, but looking at the bug flow from the reporting tool we’ve had a lot less critical and fewer reports overall than during the deployment of Alpha 29. The internal focus group peeps have been, and still are, brilliant!

Yes, this is known, something with the queue switching broke with Alpha 31 and it will hopefully get fixed in today’s update.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. I tried to report the bug, but I couldn’t since my save is too big (I think it was written error 413) I’ll leave a screen shot here with the explanation. Is there any way for me to retrieve the save and send it to you via mail ? (I don’t know where are my saves located).

Also just noticed this :

Luggage do not show up on the convoyer belt on the arrival side.

1 Like

@dellonia, So true. I see baggage disappear from the Baggage Cart. No Ramp Agents are seen unloading it from the Cart. The baggage does NOT appear on the Arrival side of the Cargo Bay. This is as of Alpha 31.4-0

Saves are located at: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\Saves
Replace “USER” with you username on your computer. ZIP archive the file and post to a file sharing site, like DropBox. My savegames are also too large, as I reported in a Bug Report, I suggested 25 MB limit, but it was increased to only 20 MB.

1 Like

The guy in the trucks are fake, they don’t count as real ramp agents :slight_smile:

He is the designated driver, forever!

6 Likes

@Jettuh Is this the Avenger update ?

1 Like

I would like having to hire the drivers as well.

2 Likes

@dewitjur, you ARE hiring drivers. Those wage costs are included in the per hour fee you pay for each vehicle. You’re simply not hiring them explicitly in the Staff Hiring screen.

As for me, I prefer not to hire them explicitly. I’m already dealing with several hundred staff. I don’t need any more of a headache.

No, you’re not, it’s as Jettuh said just a graphical asset! :slight_smile: Vehicles have operational cost, but they’re not derived from staff and have nothing to do with ramp agent hiring whatsoever.

Edit: Of course you’re free to role play that the operational cost of vehicles include a ramp agent salary, but just wanted to make clear that from a code perspective this is not the case. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s is what Dallas is saying tho! The cost of a driver is part of the operational cost of the vehicle, just drivers don’t need to be hired separately.

1 Like

Another strange behaviour. For Cargo Bays built before 31.4-0, Ramp Agents are seen unloading carts and baggage can be seen on the Cargo Bays. For Cargo Bays built after, Ramp Agents do not unload and baggage cannot be seen on the Cargo Bays, nor sent to the baggage carousels. I’m considerably over-staffed with Ramp Agents.

SIDEBAR: I would submit a Bug Report bug cannot do so because of savegame ZIP archive size limitations.

Truck maintenance is not cheap. Those prices can’t be driver’s fee included.

1 Like

Alpha 31.4-1 is out now, just a minor update today as we’re going into midsummer celebrations tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 31.4-1

Improvement

• [ACEO-14141] - Updated "the multi-floor update" main menu graphics (new update banner art)

Bug

• [ACEO-14139] - Security staff cannot leave secure area via secure area exit if no security checkpoint is present
  • [ACEO-14140] - Mipmap setting accidentally disabled on person and asset (baggage, goods) texture sheets
3 Likes

Hello, i tried to submit another bug report, but it seens i can’t, so… Posting here. I cant make this “bend” in the converyor belt to be in the right direction, from the escalator then going south. Tried demolishing everything, then replacing everything. Still exhibits this strange bug…

Just with a Tilt conveyor belt the problem desappear

1 Like

@looksgoodfp I submitted a bug report (ACEO-13870) about this same problem several days ago. Not fixed.
Workaround is to add a south-pointing tile above it.

Image1111

That would be rather nice, I think everyone could use small, one lane, one way stairs and escalators.

1 Like

Well, i moved both south-bound belts 1 tile to the left, and put a left-pointing belt tile between the escalator and the rest. This fixed the issue.