Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

So, i asked a few weeks ago if the weather system would “force” us to build de-icing stands. As my airport is located near the equator, it should never snow.

No, if you don’t activate de-ice service, even the weather is below zero degrees, airplanes won’t request de-ice.

Is the new weather system included right now? I mean, am i forced to build de-icing stands, at least for the time being?

It will be included in couple of days. With the new weather?

Is this the “secret feature” a turnaround service that wasn’t known in advance?

2 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks that catering trucks should always stop by the catering depot to collect food for flights before going to the stand?

Also, waste haulers load r e a l l y s l o w l y . . .

2 Likes

Is it planned to add catering and cleaning progress information in the flight process monitor panel, next to other services for instance ?

Edit : Same for vehicle operation ? (the belt truck is also missing here)

Can you elaborate what you mean? are you referring to the length?

Just a little pet peeve here- in the stand assignment drop-down list for vehicles, the stands are listed in a seemingly random order, which makes finding a specific stand very hard once you have more than 10 or 15 of them. (Also, that list scrolls VERY slowly!) Is it possible to list the stands in alphabetical order instead, just like the flight scheduler?

1 Like

The length and the width itself. It just seems to be oversized.

This size will be perfect. It’s almost the same size as the escalator. I took this picture at Schiphol

3 Likes

I have used that^ :joy:

Gotcha, let me check in Olof and Fredrik.
I only provide the assets and details, I do not actually implement them :wink:

The original idea was to make it 1 block smaller than the escalator

As for it being quite wide,
The idea is to actually have 3 sizes.
Small, Medium, Large

Large being the one you guys shared in the screenshots

5 Likes

Jettuh… I though one way escalators and narrow stairs were coming from your picture I am now depressed! :sob:

1 Like

Very nice work Olof, Alexander & Fredrik. Haven’t had a lot of time to play recently, but latest in August there will be a couple of weeks to build a new airport from small to multi-level :slight_smile:

Really love how much efforts you put into the details!

1 Like

I can’t buy De-icing Trucks. The popup says I don’t have the requirements (Vehicle Depot, Vehicle Entry). I have a De-icing Fluid Depot (full) and two De-icing Pads(small). Submitted ACEO-14449.

Pathfinding or problem reporting seems to be having serious issues. Constantly getting “ding ding” every second because people can’t find where they’re going to. But if I check those alerts, every single one of them is already resolved. The dings are driving me mad.

2 Likes

I had to activate de-icing operations first, afterwards I was able to order trucks…

@zebedee: same here…

@sirhc80 I activated de-icing in ops before building the depot and pads. As an experiment, I de-activated and re-activated. No joy.

Oh, and I built an (underground) parking lot, nearby… Perhaps that was it?
Unfortunately discription of truck is not showing it properly…

In my image above, the Vehicle Depot is next door.

UPDATE: The two small De-icing Pads prevent aircraft from departing: ACEO-14457
As soon as I replaced the Pads with Taxiway, the flights departed.

Be sure to report this via the in-game bug reporter. I’ve also had this issue and the devs were able to fix it.

They don’t? Catering trucks operate an a per-order basis so they should stop by if their current order isn’t cancelled (and they have a hull full of food).

Will try to get this fixed today.

If you bug reported it we will take a look at it!

1 Like

Very great! That’s I’m waiting for.
However, I think the new stairs are a little too big. I would like to see smaller ones. For a small staircase, for example.

Regards Sebastian

1 Like