Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

I created the Mod myself. I did not put the aircraft Mod into a GA folder mod. only a commercial contract. And it was the only native mod I had activated and I had zero steam Mods activated, so it should not be showing up as GA

1 Like

I’ve also seen it with stock game liveries too.

I think it could be fuel related. Before they are enabled I’d not see them.

1 Like

yup, the game stock liveries do show up at my airport as GA too… CLM right there

1 Like

Do you have re-fuel researched? activated?

I did not at the time. Fueling was off

1 Like

Ooooh, okay. I’d only noticed it once I’d researched refuelling.

I had just GA stands and researched re-fueling then planes started complaining about not getting any.

Even though not enabled.

oh, refueling had been researched, just fueling services were off at the time.

See if you noticed that same results as I did pre and post enabling fuel research?

2 Likes

Small Aircraft leaving early before passengers board…

I have 3 small commercial aircraft stands with a short distance for the passengers to walk after passing the boarding desk. But not far enough to require a remote stand/bus. When the boarding starts on schedule, the passengers pass through the boarding desk and start their walk to the stand/aircraft. However, before the scheduled departure time (1300) the plane leaves. I paused the game as they passengers were rejected from the flight halfway to the plane.

Ignore the “boarding opens at 12:11”. It already started and the 4 passengers are on the sidewalk above the left small stand, walking back to the boarding area. After I submitted the bug report, the time rest to boarding time instead of “boarding in process”

You can see them on the sidewalk (4 of them) walking back to the boarding area to exit the airport. Its is only 12:43 but the plane leaves right after this (super early). However if they passenger service agent is late and the boarding doesn’t happen until after the plane is suppose to leave, the aircraft sits there and waits and I am promoted that the aircraft is late and if I want to delay it. But when the PSA shows up (after departure time), the boarding starts, and then the plane leaves before passengers can walk to the aircraft. Shouldn’t the plane wait for the passengers to board the aircraft and if it is late, I should be promoted to have it be delayed another hour.

Why does the plane wait at the stand after departure time if the boarding process hasnsn’t started but leaves before depareture time before the passenges can even get to the aircraft (even if the boarding starts on time). I hope you can fix this so that the plane waits until all passnegers are on the plane and if its late, then the CEO gets prompted to delay the aircraft instead of the aircraft just leaving before all pax get to it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Issue #: ACEO-17446

And you can see here, the aircraft didn’t leave until the passengers were already through the security exit. So the passengers were rejected at 12:43 but the plane leaves at 1300… sometimes 5-15 mins earlier than departure time. The passengers should have been able to board the plane. Also I tried changing the Prompt setting to all three different ones and I had the same outcome each time. The plane just leaves early and doesn’t wait for passengers after boarding has started.

P.S. Hope this helps streamline the game. Just reporting the little things I see. However I love the game and most of the time it works great. Thanks for all the updates and work you put into it!!! Cheers!

I had encountered something similar in times of version 29 or 30. The plane was very close to the boarding desks yet it departed far too early. The savegame does not work anymore since the changes, so it is not reproducable anymore, but I had a deja-vu from what you told here.

1 Like

Well, I have tried redesigning my commuter gates so that the boarding desks are closer as seen in this picture below… But now the aircraft rejects the passengers still after they start walking to the aircraft and 30 minutes prior to departure time. Then the aircraft sits there as the passengers walk away and the aircraft doesn’t leave until departure time (30 mins after rejecting the passengers - the passengers should have been able to get on the aircraft…). This happens if the PSA is on time or late (most of the time late because of the game picking a PSA on the other side of the airport to do the job). I really hope this gets fixed. I noticed that its doing this with my Medium Aircraft boarding areas as well. Im not sure what I am doing wrong or if this is a bug.

Also, notice the Passenger Service Agent staff room above the E-Gate security checkpoint in the Baggage Scanning room. The PSA staff from that staff room rarely to NEVER get assigned to the boarding desk for my E-Gates (100 feet away) and instead PSAs from the other side of the airport (1/2 a mile away) get assigned to the E-Gate boarding desks and are always extremely late to have the passengers board the aircraft.This causes the aircraft to sit there and wait, then boarding begins and then the passengers get half way to the aircraft and then they are rejected boarding and then the aircraft leaves 30 min laters.

This seems to be the case with all PSA, Ramp Agents, Security Officers… All staff. There are plenty of resting staff in the staff room nearest the job required and the game chooses the staff in a staff room furthest away 80-90% of the time to complete that job, creating so many delays at the airport. Staff assigning seems to work perfectly as long as all jobs are in a central locations but as soon as you have ticketing/boarding further away from each other, delays upon delays begin to occur. This goes for all staff. As soon as you have security checkpoints further and further away from each other, Security Officers leave their jobs well before being relieved. Same goes for ramp agents. As soon as stands and baggage bays get further and further away from one another, they too leave job well before being relived causing massive delays and incomplete jobs. I have tried so many different things, moving staff room locations around, adding multiple staff rooms in multiple locations nearest the jobs needing to be done, redesigning distances to travel, etc…

I really hope this staff choosing and pathfinding is fixed in the near future, because it is one of the biggest reasons why jobs don’t get done or are delayed once your airport gets larger… or I hope that we can assign stands/checkpoints/check-in & boarding desks etc… to certain staff rooms and assign how many staff should be assigned to that staff room. And then maybe have staff break rooms and then have the staff in the break room relieve the staff in the assigned staff rooms or something (but the staff will not leave the staff room until they have been relieved). This would help solve the issue of the game picking staff on the other side of the airport for a specific job, but still allow for staff to move around the airport and not be stuck in a certain job or area.

With all that said. Im still having a lot of fun with ABQ. This is the best airport I’ve created to date. I just can’t wait to see what new developments/adjustments in the future do to help make this airport that much better. Can’t wait for the next Dev Blog tomorrow to see what we have coming our way!

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

So for Alpha 33 there will be several improvements to job task distribution and remote stand code in general. I discovered several bugs with the logic of job task distribution that I see are reflected in your write down, so my suspicion is that your situation will improve a lot with these upcoming fixes. I’ll try to run some tests on this airport but I’d appreciate it that when Alpha 33 goes live if you also try out the changes and see if the improvements have a positive impact on your airport and let me know, otherwise we might need some more tuning.

6 Likes

Awesome! I updated you in my ABQ feed on the terminal A/B medium gates. They are all working smoothing and everything is leaving on time and jobs completed, mostly all early. I made some more adjustments and slowed down the speed indefinitely to speed 1. That seemed to do the trick. The only issue now really is the small gates with the short walk. I will definitely try it out in Alpha 33 and let you know how it goes! Thanks so much for the heads up! Can’t wait!

1 Like

I have a bug to share.
FOR SOME RESON ONE OF MY GATES WONT CONECT TO THE RUNWAYS…
ok ok rant over
anyways who else has this?

@VOID please create a new topic in support or questions section of forum with screenshots attached.