Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Yes, it’s been fixed.

2 Likes

Great news, must have missed it in the changelogs. Thanks for your continuous efforts!

2 Likes

I’ve found the same issue with the 787 and the A340. 787 one was patched but I don’t think the A340 was. I’ve submitted a bug report on it too.

1 Like

It’s all planes on remote stands.

One way roads for tunnel up/down ramps please…

3 Likes

For those of you that want to change your airport logos in your saved Airports… here is how to do it!

Currently testing out how to do it with old versions of airports (i.e airports previously saved as A32.1-0). Will update with results soon. Just waiting for airport to load

Update: Yes this does work!!! Open old airport. Then save in current Experimental Branch Version of game. Then go into save files, Edit 2 logo files (256x256 pixels). Then open airport back up and you will have airport logos at your old saved airports!

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/ability-to-change-airport-logo-and-have-it-shown/13819/5?u=twocflyer

Has anyone looked into modding for the airport logos? I’m kinda confused on how the coordinate system for the IATA code position and scaling works.

I know that X and Y start from the top left, although I’m confused with how Z and W are being used. Thanks!

I tried to figure it out but then got distracted. I think it has to do with creating a box the IATA text will fit into? Not sure though. From looking at the palm tree logo, that’s what It looked like to me.

So X is where it starts and W is where it ends.??? and them can maybe have it center in that box? not sure though

1 Like

Yeah. That’s pretty much what I took away from it. It would be great if we could see changes in real time. I might make something for that

New day, new release! Alpha 33.4-0 is here:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.4-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-10994] - Overhauled floor tile merge system to avoid mip mapping and texture bleeding effects

Bug

• [ACEO-11568] - Selling fuel truck invokes potential financial loss of loaded fuel
  • [ACEO-18341] - De-icing trucks do not follow node based parking path when arriving to de-icing pad
  • [ACEO-18878] - Incorrect material on one way road arrow built inside terminal
  • [ACEO-18898] - Variable text on vehicle panel displayed in incorrect position
  • [ACEO-18912] - Incorrect room center point measurement can cause rooms to be considered as inaccessible
  • [ACEO-18920] - Incorrect and missing description texts for runways
  • [ACEO-18926] - Aircraft are not distributing correctly over available de-icing pads
  • [ACEO-18928] - Aircraft can in rare cases get stuck on de-icing pad due to behavior loop
  • [ACEO-18929] - Missing zoning of rooms invoked by player can cause pathfinder to stall as it gets flooded with attempts that are destined to fail
  • [ACEO-18934] - Airport logotypes not always properly serialized

New feature

• [ACEO-18876] - Implemented all winning designs in the vanilla airport logo contest
  • [ACEO-18886] - Bar stool
  • [ACEO-18954] - Various person pathfinding improvements to avoid pathfinding worker thread queue count overflow

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We’ve rebuilt a system which handles floor tiles and floor merging. This, unfortunately, causes floor indexes to be jumbled meaning that you’ll have very… interesting… floor designs if you’ve experimented with that. The good news is that you’ll only need to rebuild once and to compensate you we’ve added several new floor textures of various types.

10 Likes

Oooo can’t wait to see the new bar stool and vanilla logos.

1 Like

Really digging the new texture for the baggage bay :joy:

Edit: Mistakenly submitted a bug report without reading the “IMPORTANT NOTICE” section above, you can throw out ACEO-18957

2 Likes

Love the new floor tiles, much needed, and I hope it encourages people to place them down. It really gets me when people send screen shots in and it’s all grey!

Don’t like that my flooring is now all over the place and my nice blue flooring has been replaced with black tiles :joy:. Small price to pay for progression so I don’t mind!

2 Likes

Who is pushing/dragging who? :thinking: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

That’s how I’d describe it :slight_smile: I will when I have the time make a quick guide that shows this, but basically:

x = distance from left
y = distance from top
z = distance from right
w = distance from bottom.

That way we can produce “boxes” of text that will fit independent of string-length. Many ways to do it differently but this is what we decided on :slight_smile:

Press F5 when in the logo-selection menu. Thank me later :wink:

2 Likes

Also have some ghosts/gnomes taking care of cleaning, the airport certainly doesn’t offer the service

2 Likes

Is it normal that I can’t check Jira anymore ?

Yes, you can only check resolved issues (once they’ve been processed) on the Jira platform, you can however follow all of them that are in development via the Trello board.

Edit: Although I do see now that the sync system has broken down, looking into fixing it right now… :slight_smile:

Oh sorry, I missed that news, thanks for the info !

1 Like

I noticed a problem with the airplain pathing when using de-icing pads. I have setup like below:

Under normal circumstance planes move nicely between the de-icing pads. When temp drops, de-icing trucks will take their place and airplanes are using de-icing pad, everything still moves.

The problem starts when airplanes are in line for the de-icing pad and the temp is going up, and de-icing trucks leave the platform. So no service is delivered on the icing pads, but planes that had the de-icing pad in their path keep waiting to be serviced at the icing-pad.

This condiction stays until you save the game and reload, i guess that with a reload al pathing for all objects is recalculated, and the planes stuck before now are moving again to the runway.

I think that when de-icing pads are closed the pathing of the airplanes should be recalculated, so the plane knows it should not use and wait for de-icing.

If you don’t notice in time, this can completly block your airport and ruin any good rating you had with airlines, spinning your airport into backruptcy.

1 Like