Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Bug Issue ACEO-19520

Pax taking Aft path to board plane on Large Stand for Medium Aircraft (A320) and then walking under wing to board at forward stairs.

1 Like

ACEO-19522

Medium aircraft not pushing back all the way for directional pushback and then have to spin around to get to main taxiway

Does anyone else have the same problem with the building grid not covering the whole space anymore? Of course I changed the lot size to 1350x1350 but that was never an issue until Alpha 33. Occurs with saved games as well as new games. Also filed a bug report about this a while ago.

1 Like

I hope we’ll get EMAS upgrade for runways in Alpha 36 :wink: @Olof @Fredrik
Also I think we should get large stair truck for big girls…

Also we need large hangar for vehicles cause large pushback truck doesn’t fit already…

So to add a bit of info. This change was made to better handle check in with the larger aircraft as it would be reasonable for an airline to open a certain amount of desks depending on the departing passenger count. When doing tests with the A380, 3 desks where simply way to few and caused massive delay. So we changed it and 1 desk per 75 passenger is a rough value but it is set so that most medium flights will at least open two desks. Each flight passenger count, like Olof said, is randomized in between (for now) 35% to 100% of the max capacity. We have set the minimum value fairly low for now, as we have some challenges with long path finding calculations that appears when the total passenger count get in the several thousands.

Here is the full list and the max pax per aircraft. :slight_smile:

"1900D" 19
  "A319" 124
  "A320" 150
  "A321" 185
  "A330200" 253
  "A330300" 290
  "A340300" 290
  "A380" 555
  "ATR72" 70
  "ATR42" 48
  "B737600" 123
  "B737800" 170
  "B757200" 200
  "B777200" 305
  "B777300" 365
  "B7878" 242
  "B7879" 290
  "B78710" 330
  "BARON58" 5
  "BAE146" 123
  "CESSNA208" 9
  "CRJ200" 50
  "CRJ700" 78
  "DHC6" 20
  "E170" 66
  "E190" 98
  "Q400" 82
13 Likes

@Fredrik What are you suggesting in terms of airport planning?

In my airport I am changing things a bit, I am assigning one baggage bay per large stand (I have the space to do it so I said why not…) and I assigned 6 check-in desks per stand/baggage bay.
This way I should be fine for every flight but the A380.
What will it happen with the A380 with full capacity (555 pax)? I simply get warning, but the check-in progress keeps on going? In theory I can handle 450 pax (6x75). Worst thing that can happen is having a bit of a delay right?

Like Olof said it will try to assign as many desks as required. If it fails it will still open check-in in the desks it successfully assigned. So there is no real worry if you have one desk or so less. However, a problem could occur if you have a tightly packed flight schedule as the check-in process might take longer which could delay check-in for the next flight and you could end up with domino effect. But, thinking about it I don’t think this is a problem for the large aircraft since they have a 5 hour turnaround time and check in should not take 5 hours. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I was wondering if there was anyway to have trucks assigned to stands, stay at the stands when the stand is closed, because its annoying when they go and do other jobs when they aren’t assigned to a stand.

Thanks so much for the numbers for the maximum possible pax/aircraft. As a CEO its nice to know so that we can plan ahead of time when signing contracts and designing! :slight_smile:you guys are awesome!

3 Likes

I would like to see that when I upgrade a stand, that it will be repaired automatically. It doesn’t make any sense when I upgrade my stand from grass to concrete, that the concrete is already broken.

4 Likes

I can not name my airport. That screen just gets skipped. Has been a problem since the release of Alpha 33

I’ve noticed runways are now named R, L or C.

Is there any chance you would include LL, LR, RL and RR, for airports with 4 parallel runways?

omg same!

For airports with 4 parallel runways, I think they decrease the numbers of a group of two runways by 1.
For example at CDG, all the runways are oriented 86°/266° but the two north runways are marked as 09R/27L and 09L/27R and the south runways are marked as 08R/26L and 08L/26R.

I just sent an email to you guys about all my pax just freezing up! I have no idea why and I gave a short description in it.

Indeed. Both solutions are used. And either would be a nice addition to the game!

It’s most likely related to what we’re solving with this: Trello

1 Like

ok i have sent the video and told you what save to use via the suport gmail thing

Gmail? We do not have any Gmail accounts, you should send your message to support@airportceo.com and nothing else.

1 Like