Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

I think it should but that’s one for Olof to answer what temp deicing starts at.

1 Like

De-icing is today triggered at 0 C.

3 Likes

May you can add a notice when player in warmer region are building de-icing that this is not needed?

2 Likes

One of my airports is in Newark NJ and it never gets below 34F/1C in my games.

I have had to deice before and it was 5C outside, had some frost from overnight on the wings. Not saying you always will need it at those temps but 6C and below with visible moisture, temp dew point spread 3C or less, or runway/taxiway/ramp contamination is considered icing conditions on the ground where I work.

I think the bigger questions is why is the New York area not getting below freezing in the game.

pfffff I am so busy at work. I had no time to play as much as I would like. but seeing very good things in the time I had :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/ability-to-change-airport-logo-and-have-it-shown/13819/5?u=ilios21

Can someone please confirm if adding logos to the save files is possible on the default branch? I do not find any .png files in my save locations.

I assume you mean for pre-Alpha 33 airports? If so, you can. Create your logo and title it logo.png and rendered_logo.png, then insert it into (Your name)>AppData>Roaming>Apoapsis Studios>Airport CEO>Saves>(Save name). The optimal resolution is 256x256 and as far as I know, logo.png and rendered_logo.png are the same thing.

Correction: logo.png seems to be the base logo without any text on it.
logo.png: image
rendered_logo.png: image

1 Like

Released a new update today, Alpha 33.8-0 that mostly just contains a game engine version upgrade. Therefore no patch notes for this one except for the combination of the two previous experimental releases. We’re targeting a default release of this version later today as it has a few important fixes in it.

And yes, there’ll be a dev blog today! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.8-0

Bug

• [ACEO-19057] - Passengers can board large aircraft without a stair truck parked at stand
  • [ACEO-19074] - Vehicles can in rare instances caused by a very specific construction case get stuck and not reach final target
  • [ACEO-19136] - Waring sign text on large stand reversed
  • [ACEO-19806] - Passengers don't always arrive at airport
  • [ACEO-19928] - Increase minimum thread clamp value to 4
  • [ACEO-20142] - Low passenger ratio setting can cause a flight to generate zero passengers
  • [ACEO-20143] - Reloading a save during boarding can cause the boarding process to close
  • [ACEO-20215] - Missing notification text for ServiceCarController.cs.key.0
10 Likes

Did a little hot fix for the service car controller key that was missing, still same number and it’s going live on the default branch in a few minutes! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like my airport is moving a lot better after a33.8.

At first there was an issue where a lot of security staff were chilling in the staff room and refusing to man checkpoints, now it’s clear and the backlog of folks dealt with.

Now, if only PSAs could get to boarding desks a lot faster…

Lol I saw a33.8 and thought you ment a380

Hey @Olof @Fredrik! There seems to be a line of code that pops up just above passenger satisfaction.
VERSION: Default 33.8

Also, can someone please tell what all measures can be done to increase satisfaction ratings for passengers, airlines and GA? It would be of immense help.

Thanks!

EDIT 1: I can’t seem to ignore the fact that I keep running into losses when I play at triple-speed. At 1X, I earn between 10k and 50k a day, but at 3X I barely make profits. I know this has been discussed earlier. Just wanted to let you guys know and possibly get some tips to avoid this.

EDIT 2: De-boarding, All turnaround processes and Boarding takes happens efficiently at 1X. At 3X, it is total chaos. Planes leave more than an hour late on average, and I have to manually dismiss aircraft often.

1 Like

I have major delays for 5 medium stands I built 4 security checkpoints (medium) yet still delays as crazy @Olof @Fredrik

I have had similar issues because planes are stuck at the stands when the are supposed to be pushed back

General aviation’s satisfaction drops if you charge too much, try reducing your fees.

Airlines mainly care about being on time, but I’m not sure if high prices also make them angry.

And passengers, well I never really had problems with them. It appears you don’t either. I guess clean terminals and satisfied needs make them happy.

1 Like

Is it normal that I still have the event where passengers do not show up at all

I believe 4 checkpoints is a bit too low. Try having at least 7 or 8 with 3 checkpoints for every 2 medium stands.

He, I do believe 7-8 is a little much, but I could be wrong. I only need 8 fully operating medium security stations for my 5 large stands, and 2 medium stands. I do see some pile up’s but it is better to go big, than go home. 5-6 should give you a pretty smooth security operation.

I do agree. But if you are going with a lesser number of checkpoint, I suggest that you keep their efficiency rating high. Above 1.3 at least. With 7-8, you can be a bit more lenient with the efficiency ratings.

Hey guys!

In the flight monitor, it shows GENERIC.KEY.CATERING-PORGRESS and GENERIC.KEY.CLEANING-PORGRESS when you hover the cursor over the icons.

@Olof @Fredrik @Alexander