Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

To complete it we just need to be able to ZONE CHECK
IN DESKS TO AIRLINES! Lovin’ the update! I am ecstatic. :innocent::innocent::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Also I wish there were different props in the airline colors or emblems on things like the boarding desk and gate.

Can’t you do this with the baggage system as if you have grouped your airlines stands they can be serviced by the same baggage bay and therefore you can pick where they check in?

Yes that does work, but I would like a more official way of zoning my massive amount of check-in desks. It can also come with the props of that airline, like there emblems or logos.

I like that the Routes are now realistic, will the flight times be accurate as well? Before all flights took 4H or something haha.

Okay, loving many of the new features and changes! Especially the assigned airline to stands, R&D, requirement to take your time and build slow (even though I built kinda fast to see all the new features this one time). :joy: Here are a couple of big things I noticed

• [ACEO-19419] - Automatic stand and runway repair toggles in operations overview panel

Where is this exactly? I don’t see it and I have unlocked everything in R&D

Also it seems that the Operation Report email numbers aren’t adding up unless I have done something wrong. Total aircraft should be total of all S/M/L aircraft? Numbers are incorrect in the 2nd sentence in the email as well as the A/C Ops section. I do not have any deicing pads or operations yet and it is showing numbers for that. I also don’t have any stores or restaurants yet and its showing numbers for passenger purchases

My Airline Infrastructure Quality rating for both commercial and GA has never seemed to get above 55% and I have upgraded everything but taxiways to concrete (I prefer to have asphalt runways and taxiways and concrete stands for looks though). and I have kept them at 90-100% clean for some time now.

and my ratings for anything related to baggage started going down from the start of the new airport but I didn’t even have anything researched or developed yet. And I still don’t but now they are all in the 10-20% which is killing my overall rating cuz I can’t afford baggage system yet. I thought if we didn’t have it researched yet or have it built yet that it shouldn’t affect our rating at all or that much? All the red are baggage related ratings.

also my security staff skill has been red since the beginning and I have fired all red an orange skill security and have trained all the rest of my security to be in th 90%+ Very high greens

Let me know if you want a bug issue for any of these and ill send over.

At the bottom is Proactive Repairs, I believe that is it yes? Unless it means only repair of items in the terminal

I believe that is for service technicians though, not for runways/stands, but maybe im wrong. I didn’t see anything change when I turned that toggle on. with the runways and stands… and they continue to say “automatically repaired at 25%” like it said before I turned it on.

Replied before my edit! That was something I considered. I’ll have to give it a try and see…if my baggage trucks will finally work this time

whats the requirement to do R&D projects?

Alpha 34 made the game feel much more sophisticated! It’s nice to see how the game has matured.

I just have a question. Will working hours and the privilege to go home ever be given to blue collar workers? I know this would essentially mean having to hire double the staff members for busy airports, but I think daytime only airports could send staff home for the night.

1 Like

A staff room with office desks and a few hired administrators are needed.

Oh, that title should have been changed as we decided to add an icon to stand/runway where you can see if you have automatic repair available or not. The idea of a toggle button in operations panel was more for awareness since we tend to get bug reports where people are complaining of the the manual repair work (they simply missed the feature). Now you can more easily spot it in the panels and it tells you, that you need a COO. I doubt that anyone would turn automatic repair off once they hired a COO anyway. :slight_smile:

Could be possible to add later down the road. :slight_smile:

Hmm, maybe try remove all mods and do a clean install? The issue in the log seem to be related with a Unity system, not our own. Something seem broken.

Yea, this is more related to the terminal items. @olof can probably explain a bit more as he was the one who added it.

2 Likes

My bug reporting tool appears to be broken so I’ll post bugs I found here.

1. Too many staff cars
    I hired only 2 administrators but 5 cars arrived to my staff parking lot and now they are taking up space.

2. Concrete stands before research
    It appears concrete stands and taxiways are locked behind R&D, but upgrading a stand to concrete is available from the start.

The waste truck cannot go to the waste depot. The waste depot is fulled. And the only have a container truck arrived and go back at the airport entry. This problem reported. But I cannot remember the report code

1 Like

Constructing the highest quality ground material for stands, taxiways and runways are required to get the quality rating all the way up, do you have some infrastructure section that is not of the highest quality and that is heavily trafficked?

The rating system is complex and exposed to the same kind of balancing needs that the economy is, so this is a good observation. Any strange or unexplained behaviors you notice with the rating system I’d ask you to bug report it so we can start dealing with if first thing this Monday, it’ll probably be awhile and a few updates before all of the ratings start to make sense and your airport realyl reflects what rating it is worth.

Proactive cleaning and maintenance are a way for you to mitigate low passenger ratings for cleanliness and quality. Proactive means that janitors and service technicians will maintain objects before they reach their defacto broken or dirty state, thus hindering the low rating report from a passenger who experiences it. This is of course also, like everything else, exposed to balancing needs!

2 Likes

Is the max number of flights for atc supposed to be non-cumulative? I’m a little dissapointed with 2 small atc towers i still can’t handle more than 25 flights.

I’ve not seen any numbers for flights handled. As mentioned previously, being able to click on the tower to see how many flights would be super useful.

EDIT: @twocflyer To quote things, it’s the speech bubble. Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 16.46.16

1 Like

Update on my last post and some further discusion

Quoting?

How do you quote others posts on the forum in my message? Is there a setting somewhere on the forum? I am able to quote on other forums but not here and I don’t have that option when I highlight from someone else post.

Assigning Airline to stand

I LOVE I LOVE I LOVE this. Again, thank you sooooo much for adding this!! One little suggestion on this, is it possible to add more than 1 airline to a stand (check off 2, 3 or more airlines for a stand) instead of being limited to only ALL airline contacts or only ONE airline contract. Sometimes airline’s share stands and it would be great to be able to check off more than one airline contact for one stand. MAN I LOVE THIS FEATURE and can’t get enough of it!!! :heart: :heart_eyes:

No Concrete option for building

Issue ACEO-21244 - Can only build Asphalt for runways, exits, taxiways, service/public roads, and tarmac. Concrete is not an option. Is this something that has too be activated? I have researched everything and its still not showing. I am able to upgrade runways and stands however

Images

Airline Infrastructure Quality Rating

@Olof In regards to the highest quality ground material for stands, taxiways, runways and runway exits, being required to get the quality rating up all the way…

1. Is there a repairs option for taxiways? Or is it just the material you are using? Concrete/Asphalt/Grass. Many airports use either or but should I be penalized on what I use even if I keep repairs up?

2. Does the rating really require concrete for all Stands/Taxiways/Runways/Exits etc… to get to 100%? If so I don’t agree with this for 3 main reasons (A, B & C below). Shouldn’t the rating be based on how good the current quality of your material you have placed down is (consistency of high repair quality) and not based on what you use? 50%-55% rating for keeping everything (stands and runways) at 90-100 repaired for days on end seems to be a very low rating IMO. And to your question, I did have everything repaired to 90-100% for a long period of time (a few game days) and my rating didn’t go up above the ~ 55%. If there is an issue with high traffic in areas for taxiways, then there should be an option to keep those repaired. Even Concrete will break down over time. But Again I shouldn’t be penalized for using asphalt or even grass as long as its kept in good condition for the aircraft to use.

• A. Most airports use concrete in static areas such as stands which can handle long periods of time of weight sitting there and not moving where Asphalt is used more for kinetic movement (ie taxiways which also absorbs moment and flexes better than concrete).

• B. I know many like me use concrete and asphalt as a cometic look as putting all concrete etc…everywhere looks bad in my opinion.

• C. Some airports use Asphalt, some use Concrete for runways and this depends on many different factors. Should my rating be lowered because of what I used or based keeping it repaired and cleaned. Again I cannot stand the look of concrete everywhere as its also not practical. As long as the material use is in good repair condition, then the rating should increase.

UPDATE:. Ive allowed my concrete stands and concrete Runways go down to below 50% repair and my CURRENT rating only dropped to like 48%. The only thing I can do to improve right now is to make taxiways concrete (but I cannot do that yet see issue above) again seems like 50% is very low for asphalt taxiways. and concrete everything else.

Email Inconsistent/Incorrect Operation Report numbers Issue # submitted

ACEO-21248

Description & Image

I don’t have Deicing or franchises at this time but numbers are reporting for these and I don’t have GA at this time. And total Aircraft numbers are not adding up correctly for commercial and are not consistent throughout the email.

Yes I remember reading a few times that this release would take a while to balance in a few places (DevBlog etc.) Thank you for allowing us to help find this balance with you guys and allowing us to voice our opinions on some of the new features/changes! Thats what I love so much about this game and the Dev’s that have created it.

Planes are not landing at my airport. Is this an R&D or a bug? I have already reported it.