Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

No, can not confirm this. My pax:baggage ratio is consequently slightly less than 2:1

imho these numbers are fluctuating…
But your ratio from around 5:1 looks extreme - assuming all your stands provide baggage handling.

I have bug reported a baggage issue a last week that I didnt seem to have any baggage being loaded onto aircraft… baggage was going to the bay but very few flights appeared to be getting loaded. Unsure if I was doing something wrong, but all check in desks and stands had connections to bays etc and I had loads of vehicles, and no error signs…

Very often baggage loading issues relating to having not enough ramp agents.
It’s often forgotten, that you easily can have shortage, as they’re doing service rounds as well, so during performing service rounds you don’t have enough left for baggage…
Could that be in your case, too?

What @sirhc80 says plus check if you have the right/enough equipment. You need big belt loaders for big airplanes for instance.

Have loads of ramp agents and all the correct vehicles. Neither show as understaffed in the relevant panel. Aircraft also departs as normal, no delay due to lack of luggage.

I suggest to open a topic in “support” section, including some screenshots, to have a further look at it…

3 Likes

I might just be dumb, but how do I unlock more Project Groups? Thanks

Here Rubble made a tech tree:

O i see, I wish there was a way to make it go faster in sandbox, nevermind, I wasn’t in sandbox lol

Just got the overlapping problem in flight planner again. While I could create the bug manually a while ago (was reported before), this time it all happened with auto planner only.
Bug report: ACEO-23259
Interestingly, it only happens on double speed. Everything was fine for long time with normal speed but once I change to double and let it run for 15-20 minutes, I got a lot of overlapping flights and all the trouble with it (long delays; people not checking in or getting through security). So the question to anybody with the same problem: Are you playing with normal speed all the time or using higher speed sometimes/always?

3 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue. Although I been on double speed, I will try at normal speed and triple speed and update you on it.

1 Like

As far as I can tell this happens to me on triple speed as well

2 Likes

I tested it again and I happens regardless of the speed setting.

1 Like

Please do let us know if you can deduce the speed setting as a problematic factor! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can. Not flightplanner issues, but pax/staff issues… :wink:

At my huge airport I can observe this very well.
With normal speed, it’s running smoothly, rating 90-95%, as soon as I speed up in any way, soon staff behaviour goes completely mad and very strange pax behaviour occurs, up to no pax coming to my airport any more.

3 Likes

In my savegame which is attached to the bug report mentioned it is definitely dependant to game speed. Was playing on normal speed for many days, auto planner worked normally, no delays, all passengers boarding.
Then changed to double speed and let it run for about 15-20 real time minutes, got a complete mess with overlapping flights and people not checking in (which is probably because check in counters were not enough for “double flights”).
I didn’t adjust anything manually, just changed back to normal speed and waited for a while. Everything went back to normal. Of course it still took one ingame week to get rid of all the double planned flights and delays because everything already planned won’t fix itself.

Might try again tonight if I find time.

5 Likes

Very interesting, we will have a look at it tomorrow when Fredrik is here.

2 Likes

@Olof I could reproduce it and got some more interesting information - even captured it on video… :wink:

About 16 minutes after setting speed from normal to double the issue occured and I could watch it happen live in flight planner. What’s interesting: Those overlaying flights are scheduled in the past of the current day.
I still had free slots on other days, so it’s not an “overflow” when all slots are full.
Here you can see two minutes with 4 flights in total being scheduled wrong: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mpWOU9BXq6kkCc4QxnboWQKp-0Mp4uv0

Hope this helps for analyzing, at least it more clear now for me knowing that the overlays are happening “in the past”.

5 Likes