Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

You’re not supposed to scan incoming baggage though, are you doing that?

3 Likes

oh are you not? Ok I will stop doing that

4 Likes

Your point is however still good, arriving baggage should not be able to contain dangerous contents lol… I’ll make the necessary changes.

8 Likes

Sound like a bug, please report it if you’re experiencing it and I’ll have a look.

No, it should only be invoked for remote stands. Terminal stands should retain the normal boarding times which depend on the number of passengers scheduled for that flight, remote lives by the same rules but get an extra hour added due to the complexity of shipping passengers to the stand.

2 Likes

Should contractors sit down and use toilets when not working?

I have built a nice little cabin for them with a staff room and toilet. When they are not building they head to the staff room but just stand around.

Thanks

ACEO-21541 delay because of late pushback
ACEO-21557 pushback doesn’t start

Thanks for making clear, when boarding starts!
And could you have a look at
ACEO-21539 - only one boarding desk used - 180 pax piling up behind 1 of 4 boarding desks
seems to be bug, too…

That sir, is the super cessna 5000!

1 Like

Strange pathfinding issue:

red and blue paths, I’m observing, red path mostly used, by far. Green path would be best/shortest.
There’s no zoning issue and pathes are slightly changing with every S&R…
ACEO-21549

sometimes it looks as if escalators are kind of “magnetic”, for pax…

Your point is however still good, arriving baggage should not be able to contain dangerous contents lol… I’ll make the necessary changes.

Hurray arrival baggage scanning system feature is coming :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If I set the runway to have different planes takeoff from different points. big planes tend to enter the runway after the takeoff point, drive to that point and then turn around in place 180 degrees. Thats very annoying.

Also I don’t think airports relay on each other and do scan incoming bags… (I don’t know).

As I know, at least within schengen area they do so.
In general I think arrival baggage is only checked by customs, but not by security issues.

1 Like

I’d agree, although it varies country by country, arrival baggage checking is generally due to customs restrictions rather than security.

Once the baggage has been offloaded, explosives are of less concern, but banned or restricted sustances (money, drugs, food, tobacco, alcohol) is of more concern

1 Like

After updating the 34 version, I ca n’t see the world map when I create a new game. Have you changed the network provider? I live in China. Now I have to use a VPN to download the map. Many players in China do n’t know how to do it. Please help us. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Somewhere I read that in the future the map will be shipped with the game so you won’t need to download it on first launch anymore. Can’t provide a link to the statement right now though.

Their speed amazes me regularly

Hi am I the only one that can not progress to build a medium runway etc, despite having a whole table of directors. Also can not add approach lights to small runway?
thanks
Rob

Hurray arrival baggage scanning system feature is coming :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess Olof means that for the ratings it’s not being calculated for arriving bagage and that if people build arrival bagage scanners that there will be no dangerous bagage :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone else experience 0 satisfaction increase for airlines with modded liveries?

Have you unlocked the relevant tech tree items?

You need to “research” a commercial licence
This unlocks the ability “research” an extended commercial licence and night flights (separate research projects).
Once you have the extended commercial licence you can “research” the medium aircraft permit.
When you get the medium aircraft permit you can build medium aircraft structures (runways stands etc.)
To get to large aircraft you need to get the ultimate commercial licence and then the large aircraft permit

To unlock runway lights, you need to research night flights and then the “advance runway lighting”.

This blog post explains the R&D process.

Someone has also posted an image of the tech tree unlock dependencies somewhere.